Graeme Orr MBACP(Accred), UKRCP Reg. Ind. Counsellor
0141 530 5690
I am an Accredited Member of BACP offering counselling for both individuals and couples on the Southside of Glasgow.
You may be struggling to cope with difficult thoughts or feelings. It can feel a very lonely place, with nowhere to turn. Problems happen to us all and at any time in our lives. If you feel overwhelmed; perhaps fighting anxiety, or your relationship is causing you problems, or your self-esteem or self-confidence has taken a battering, counselling may help. It offers hope of getting to the heart of the matter and in helping you feel yourself once more.
My clients tell me that they found the courage and the strength through counselling to make changes in their lives that allow them to live life to the full. Typical problems that people will use counselling with me to address include:
Anxiety and depression, stress in the workplace, (bullying, harassment or unable to cope). Relationships: are you anxious you fight all the time or that you are drifting apart or even that you resent your partner. Difficult Life events that you struggle to make sense of and accept; events that have happened in your life such as a loss or bereavement. Is it difficult to come to terms and you just cannot move past. There are almost as many problems as there are people, it can make a big difference just to talk them through in the safety of counselling.
Counselling offers you the chance to find a way through your problems and overcome them. By offering support and an opportunity to work at understanding the thoughts and feelings overwhelming you, we can work to change in a positive way. Working with me, we will look at practical coping strategies and the changes that you want to make.
Yet, I recognise it can be daunting to choose a counsellor for the first time so please feel free to call or email to ask for more detail with your questions, all welcome, without obligation.
I look forward to talking to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Person Centred)
MBACP(Accred) and UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
Certificate in Creative Supervision (Person Centred)
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and subscribe to their ethical standards
I have worked in the voluntary sector, dealing with a range of issues including abuse (sexual, physical and emotional), relationship problems, bereavement and grief, loneliness, depression and anxiety, self harm and low self esteem issues.
I worked with children, young people and adults. Many of the charities are small local charities, but I also worked for larger charities like Childline..
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- One-to-one Counselling - £40
- Couple/Relationship Counselling - £50
- Telephone Counselling - £30
I also offer supervision for counsellors and therapists:
- Supervision fee £40
I offer some daytime concessionary rates for students in training
Please visit my website for more details on the current prices and best offers
- Depression - the partner's guide
- Simple steps to help with anxiety
- 5 ways to help with bereavement and grief
- How to overcome infidelity
- Key steps to get over a relationship break-up
- Anxiety - five simple steps
- “And the critic’s award goes to...”
- Reduce your workplace anxiety today
- 5 steps to a strong relationship
- Key steps for a strong relationship foundation
- The keys to rebuilding your relationship
- Mental health at work
- The real truth behind anxiety
- 5 ways to better communicate in your relationship
- The secrets of how to cope with the end of a relationship
- Proven tips to boost self-esteem
- Anxiety free - can it be childs play?
- Anxiety - 3 things we need to know
- Coping with mental health in the workplace
- Practical steps to cope with grief and loss
- Proven tips to better self-esteem
- The changing face of a relationship
- Proven tips to beat anxiety
- What few people know about grief and bereavement
- The struggle for self-esteem
- Anxiety - a working guide
- What fairy tales don't say about relationship difficulties
- Do you struggle with different libidos in your relationship?
- Stress at work - positive steps
- Anxiety - what can you do about it?
- The empty chair at Christmas
- Relationships and anger, how do you manage?
- Happiness and how to get it
- Relationships – can there be a happily ever after?
- Anxiety - a practical route to help
- Winning relationship battles as a couple
- Five easy steps to help control anxiety
- The angry relationship
- What's relationship counselling got to do with it?
- Bullying - take action now
- Relationship counselling - "John and Kate's story"
- Good grief - the reality of grief and loss
- You, me and depression
- Anxiety - five practical things to help
- Workplace bullying - beat it!
- Infidelity - how a relationship can survive
- Your handy guide to relationship communications
- Caring for carers
- Established tips to deal with loss in your life
- Do you battle with bullying at work?
- Three tips to help you cope with your anxiety disorder
- Discover the three secrets of tackling bullying at work
- The real truth behind depression
- Revealed: How to support someone through grief
- Are you struggling with a betrayal in your relationship?
- The real truth behind relationship counselling
- Do you struggle with family issues?
- How to deal with anxiety without losing control
- Five great ways to improve relationship communication
- What is important in anxiety management
- The loneliness of relationship breakdown
- Give yourself a family relationship for Christmas
- Where has the intimacy gone in our relationship?
- Where did the zing in our relationship go?
- The anxiety of self-esteem
- Reluctant to go to relationship therapy?
- Is your relationship drifting apart?
- When a partner resists relationship therapy
- The self belief that matters
- Dealing with a silent partner
- Support an anxious partner
- The struggle to get to hello - Tackling social anxiety
- Putting the spark back in your relationship
- Go to your corners and come out loving
- Anxiety – What to know and what to do
- Conflict in the workplace
- Tense nervous conflict – Take these and call in the morning
- Getting past the hostility with your partner
- Anxiety in families
- What are the barriers to and in couples counselling?
- Kick starting your anxiety control
- Counselling and relationship issues
- Three steps to a happy relationship
- Bottling it all up - hiding our feelings
- Steps to beat anxiety
- Learning to deal with anxiety
- Tackling resentment in your relationship
- What can you do if resentment is ruining your relationship?
- Bullying in the workplace - help is at hand
- Relationship counselling will it make the difference?
- Anxiety - You can beat it
- My relationship - Should I stay or should I go
- Tackling resentment in a relationship
- Relationship counselling - how can it help
- Can relationship counselling help
- Anxiety - ways to be in control
- Anxiety – steps to help you cope
- Resentment in relationships
- Tackling depression
- Confronting problems in your relationship
- Relationships - making a difference
- Depression - practically speaking
- Tackling social anxiety
- Anxiety - Challenge and beat it
- Depression is not sadness, how to cope with depression
- Relationships - dealing with conflict
- Depression - taming the critical voices
- I resent my partner what should I do?
- Relationships what a difference the empathy makes
- Repressing emotions
- Ways counselling can help your relationship
- Saving a relationship
- Are you worth it? - Build your self-esteem
- Self-esteem - Different ways to get a boost
- Relationships - five practical steps
- Five ways to tackle anxiety
- Five ways counselling can help
- 5 ways to value yourself
- 5 ways to strengthen your relationship
- 5 ways to help fight depression
- 5 ways to boost your self-esteem
- Bullying in the workplace
- In bed with a stranger
- My self-worth - going once, going twice ...
- Recognising relationship breakdown
- Sex Addiction - just a male thing?
- End of a relationship
- Six Practical Steps to Manage Anxiety
- Low self-esteem - faith in yourself?
- Anxiety - it just stops your life
- Anxiety and the holiday season
- Suicidal thoughts; practical measures
- Bereavement - coping with the loss
- Psychological resilience; what it is and how to get it
- Blue, blue, christmas
- Going to work on mental illness
- The child of a failing relationship
- When Sleeping is a nightmare
- When butterflies turn to monsters
- Communicating the hard work of relationship problems
- Married to mental health
- Anxiety - How to help
- Facing relationship issues together
- Beating Stress
- The relationship storms
- Beating anxiety
- Are you Supporting Depression?
- Breaking up is Hard to Do
- Depression small steps to recovery
- Is pornography cheating?
- Depression and counselling
- Recognising The End of a Relationship
- Relationships: a Definition for Help
- Accepting that Angry Part of You
- The Games Couples can Play
- Take a second chance?
- The heart of a good relationship
- Tend and Nurture your Relationship
- Salami Slicing and the Art of Relationships
- Who wants to be Happy?
- Relating in Relationships
- How do you achieve good emotional health?
- Controlling the Swarm of Thoughts in your Head
- Can Counselling save a Relationship?
- Talk your way to a Better Relationship
- Anxiety - how to help or help someone else
- How do you tackle your depression?
- Relationship repair for beginners
- When the red mist descends
- How counselling works for anxiety and depression
- Repairs for a broken relationship
- Responding to the Inner Critic
- Self Confidence - Confidentially
- How can you improve your relationship?
- Do I love them? A key relationship issue
- What can relationship counselling offer me?
- Can you say it with flowers?
- Do you resent your partner?
- Relationships: Rebuilding and Repair
- The End of a Relationship
- Lost direction - sail to a brighter future
- Depression - how do I fight it
- "Believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place."
- Putting the confidence back in self
- Can I afford counselling?
- New Year, New You
- Weathering the relationship storms for a brighter future
- Alone at Christmas - Do You need to be Lonely?
- Counsellors can help with relationships
- Communication in Relationships
- Take charge of your anxiety
- Men get depression
- Ready, aim, fire!
- Can counselling really help depression?
- Can I save my relationship?
- Different Libidos - let's talk not walk
- Depression - Jangles all the way
- Breaking the silence on relationships
- Christmas depression - how to beat it
- Are great relationships a fantasy?
- Self-harm, Listen, Understand, Support
- Breathing life into a tired relationship
- Self harm - a cry for help
- The strains of relationship issues
- Stress: Understand it, control it
- Can counselling for depression change your life
- What is anger management and would I benefit
- Giving you back control of your anxiety
- Self harm - lets get it out in the open
- Relationships on the critical list
- Can a Relationship Cope with a Difference in Libido?
- Can my relationship survive an affair?
- A hidden addiction - internet pornography
- Relationships in crisis
- Beating Anxiety and Depression
- Anxiety and depression, understand them and defeat them
- Can a counsellor help with my relationship?
- How to have a Good Relationship
- Couples in Crisis
- Resolving couple conflict
- Anger and its destructive nature
- Internet pornography - the crack cocain of the 21st century?
- Relationships and how to survive them
- Betrayal - the death of a relationship?
- Those embarressing little moments
- Men and therapy
- Whats is behind your mask?
- Coping with the process of grief
- Coping with bereavement
- Depression and helping yourself
- What is good mental health and how do I get it
- Can we all be happy
- Step out of the rat race to relax
- Don't Panic
- Taking the sting out of rage
- New year and a new you
- Blue Christmas
- Are you lonesome tonight?
- Self-esteem: how to improve
- Bereavement, the process of loss
- Do something different today
- Tips for good emotional health
- What happens in counselling?
- Is therapy worth the money?
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9 am till 7.30pm (last appt 6:30pm)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer counselling supervision that aims to be collaborative and offers space to reflect on your work and your therapy.View supervision profile