Graeme Orr MBACP(Accred), UKRCP Reg. Ind. Counsellor
I am a Counsellor (BACP Accred.) offering counselling for both individuals and couples on the Southside of Glasgow.
I work with a wide range of issues both in healthcare and privately. I have helped clients from all walks of life with problems holding them back; issue such as abuse, anxiety, bereavement, low self-esteem, depression, relationship problems, work related issues and stress the list is as long and unique as our clients. What they share is the offer of short and long term therapy to suit their needs in a quiet safe environment that listens and prizes them.
I recognise it can be daunting to choose a counsellor for the first time so please feel free to call or email to ask for more detail about your questions, all welcome without obligation. I look forward to talking to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Creative Supervision (Person Centred)
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Person Centred)
MBACP(Accred) and UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
I am a an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and subscribe to their ethical standards
I have worked in the voluntary sector, dealing with a range of issues including abuse (sexual, physical and emotional), relationship problems, bereavement and grief, loneliness, depression and anxiety, self harm and low self esteem issues.
I worked with children, young people and adults. Many of the charities are small local charities, but I also worked for childline for 10 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Couples issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Pre-nuptial counselling
- Can relationship counselling help
- Anxiety - ways to be in control
- Anxiety – steps to help you cope
- Resentment in relationships
- Tackling depression
- Confronting problems in your relationship
- Relationships - making a difference
- Depression - practically speaking
- Tackling social anxiety
- Anxiety - Challenge and beat it
- Depression is not sadness, how to cope with depression
- Relationships - dealing with conflict
- Depression - taming the critical voices
- I resent my partner what should I do?
- Relationships what a difference the empathy makes
- Repressing emotions
- Ways counselling can help your relationship
- Saving a relationship
- Are you worth it? - Build your self-esteem
- Self-esteem - Different ways to get a boost
- Relationships - five practical steps
- Five ways to tackle anxiety
- Five ways counselling can help
- 5 ways to value yourself
- 5 ways to strengthen your relationship
- 5 ways to help fight depression
- 5 ways to boost your self-esteem
- Bullying in the workplace
- In bed with a stranger
- My self-worth - going once, going twice ...
- Recognising relationship breakdown
- Sex Addiction - just a male thing?
- End of a relationship
- Six Practical Steps to Manage Anxiety
- Low self-esteem - faith in yourself?
- Anxiety - it just stops your life
- Anxiety and the holiday season
- Suicidal thoughts; practical measures
- Bereavement - coping with the loss
- Psychological resilience; what it is and how to get it
- Blue, blue, christmas
- Going to work on mental illness
- The child of a failing relationship
- When Sleeping is a nightmare
- When butterflies turn to monsters
- Communicating the hard work of relationship problems
- Married to mental health
- Anxiety - How to help
- Facing relationship issues together
- Beating Stress
- The relationship storms
- Beating anxiety
- Are you Supporting Depression?
- Breaking up is Hard to Do
- Depression small steps to recovery
- Is pornography cheating?
- Depression and counselling
- The End of a Relationship
- Relationships: a Definition for Help
- Accepting that Angry Part of You
- The Games Couples can Play
- Take a second chance?
- The heart of a good relationship
- Tend and Nurture your Relationship
- Salami Slicing and the Art of Relationships
- Who wants to be Happy?
- Relating in Relationships
- How do you achieve good emotional health?
- Controlling the Swarm of Thoughts in your Head
- Can Counselling save a Relationship?
- Talk your way to a Better Relationship
- Anxiety - how to help or help someone else
- How do you tackle your depression?
- Relationship repair for beginners
- When the red mist descends
- How counselling works for anxiety and depression
- Repairs for a broken relationship
- Responding to the Inner Critic
- Self Confidence - Confidentially
- How can you improve your relationship?
- Do I love them? A key relationship issue
- What can relationship counselling offer me?
- Can you say it with flowers?
- Do you resent your partner?
- Relationships: Rebuilding and Repair
- The End of a Relationship
- Lost direction - sail to a brighter future
- Depression - how do I fight it
- Believe in yourself
- Putting the confidence back in self
- Can I afford counselling?
- New Year, New You
- Weathering the relationship storms for a brighter future
- Alone at Christmas - Do You need to be Lonely?
- Counsellors can help with relationships
- Communication in Relationships
- Take charge of your anxiety
- Men and depression
- Ready, aim, fire!
- Can counselling really help depression?
- Can I save my relationship?
- Different Libidos - let's talk not walk
- Depression - Jangles all the way
- Breaking the silence on relationships
- Christmas depression - how to beat it
- Are great relationships a fantasy?
- Self-harm, Listen, Understand, Support
- Breathing life into a tired relationship
- Self harm - a cry for help
- The strains of relationship issues
- Stress: Understand it, control it
- Can counselling for depression change your life
- What is anger management and would I benefit
- Giving you back control of your anxiety
- Self harm - lets get it out in the open
- Relationships on the critical list
- Can a Relationship Cope with a Difference in Libido?
- Can my relationship survive an affair?
- A hidden addiction - internet pornography
- Relationships in crisis
- Beating Anxiety and Depression
- Anxiety and depression, understand them and defeat them
- Can a counsellor help with my relationship?
- How to have a Good Relationship
- Couples in Crisis
- Resolving couple conflict
- Anger and its destructive nature
- Internet pornography - the crack cocain of the 21st century?
- Relationships and how to survive them
- Betrayal - the death of a relationship?
- Those embarressing little moments
- Men and therapy
- Whats is behind your mask?
- Coping with the process of grief
- Coping with bereavement
- Depression and helping yourself
- What is good mental health and how do I get it
- Can we all be happy
- Step out of the rat race to relax
- Don't Panic
- Taking the sting out of rage
- New year and a new you
- Blue Christmas
- Are you lonesome tonight?
- Self-esteem how to improve
- Bereavement, the process of loss
- Do something different today
- Tips for good emotional health
- What happens in counselling?
- Is therapy worth the money?
Individual face to face counselling £35.00.
Couples counselling £45.00
Offers are available through our website
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9 am till 7.30pm (last appt 6:30pm)
Supervision & training
It has been said that supervision should be formative, restorative and normative.View supervision profile