Ian Stockbridge (Counselling, CBT & Mindfulness)
Hope Therapy understands how nerve-racking entering therapy can be. We work collaboratively with you offering a tailor-made approach depending on your individual needs. We draw upon Counselling, CBT or Mindfulness depending upon what would be most helpful.
At all times we will work at your pace, with compassion and confidentiality at the core of what we do.
Hope Therapy can either support or access support for a number of complex situations including Abuse, Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Self Confidence and Esteem, Bullying, Anger Management, Bereavement and Loss, Child Related Issues, Loneliness and Relationship Issues.
Support is offered to children, adolescents and adults of all ages.
As well as 1:1 specialist counselling, drawing upon CBT and offering Mindfulness Teaching, Hope Therapy also operates what is called the ‘Hope Network’. This is a UK wide network of qualified Counsellors offering Skype support.
This is an incredibly popular and expanding service. People often choose this option for a variety of different reasons:
- Needing a Therapist or Counsellor which offers a particularly Specialist Service, that you struggle to get locally. It can be far better to use the right therapist further away than simply opt for the person who is most local to you.
- Finding yourself away a lot, but not wanting to miss sessions.
- Simply like the convenience of having therapy from the comfort and security of being at home or a location of your choosing.
Whatever your need, however specialist, whatever age, we recommend you contact us to see what we are able to offer.
There is a great deal of research evidence to show that CBT works effectively in treating a variety of mental health conditions. This research has been carefully reviewed by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
NICE provides independent, evidence-based guidance for the NHS on the most effective ways to treat disease and ill health. CBT is also recommended by NICE for the treatment of such conditions as depression and anxiety disorders.
Professional standards are incredibly important to me. As a member of both professional bodies the BACP and BABCP, I maintain high standards and work within a strict ethical framework.
In life, we can be faced with many different emotional challenges ranging from such things as loss, bereavement, Relationship Issues and changes to our situation or personal circumstances. We work using a variety of approaches depending on the client and their needs and preferences, including person-centred Counselling, Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
As the founder of Hope Therapy I have worked in Directorial and Senior Management positions for over 25 years, as such I have the first-hand experience of seeing how people’s complex needs can impact their everyday lives. This can lead to a sense of desperation and helplessness along with a sense of mental or emotional exhaustion. Often people are unable or afraid to reach out and ask for help, either at work or to those closest to them. I am able to offer or access a professional specialist service, both independent and separate from your everyday life. But together we can work on those things that often affect you the most.
We help you explore your options so you can make decisions that are right for you.
Please feel free to contact us by email or telephone for a completely confidential and no-obligation chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CBT)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Life Coaching - Distinction
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Teacher Training in Mindfulness Practice (MBCT)
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Certificate in Trauma
- Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Bereavement Training
- Samaritans Training in Suicide Prevention and Supporting Distress
Specialist ongoing training in:
- Anxiety (GAD, OCD, Phobias, Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety etc.)
- Anger Management
- Working with Violent Behaviour
- Relationships (Individually and Couples)
- Complicated Grief
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Initial assessment session (where required) £90 for a 90 minute session.
- Standard sessional rates £65 - £75 for a 50 minute session.
- Discounted rates for bulk purchase opportunities.
- Discounts of £10.00 off of standard rates for Counselling Students
Please call or email me with any questions you may have. Skype or Face time Counselling is available as well as face to face Counselling/CBT.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening, weekend and Daytime availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|