Ian Stockbridge-CBT Therapist&Accredited Counsellor MNCS (Accred), MBACP, MBABCP
07379 538411 / 07379 538411
I understand how nerve-racking entering therapy can be. As an experienced and qualified CBT Therapist and Accredited Counsellor, I work collaboratively with you to offer a tailor-made approach depending on your individual needs. At all times we will work at your pace, with compassion and confidentiality at the core of what we do.
I have private practices based across Oxfordshire as well as considerable experience within major charities focusing on such areas as Mental Health, Bereavement, Autism, Suicide and Crisis Support.
I support clients with a variety of needs, specialising in Depression, Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Self Esteem, Relationship issues, Bereavement and Loss as well as having a particular interest in Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
There is a great deal of research evidence to show that CBT works effectively in treating a variety of mental health conditions. This research has been carefully reviewed by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
NICE provides independent, evidence-based guidance for the NHS on the most effective ways to treat disease and ill health. CBT is also recommended by NICE for the treatment of such conditions as Depression and anxiety disorders.
Professional standards are incredibly important to me. As a member of both professional bodies the BACP and BABCP, I maintain high standards and work within a strict ethical framework.
In life, we can be faced with many different emotional challenges ranging from such things as loss, bereavement, Relationship Issues and changes to our situation or personal circumstances. I work using a variety of approaches depending on the client and their needs and preferences, including Person Centered Counselling, Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Having worked in Directorial and Senior Management positions for over 20 years, I have firsthand experience of seeing how people’s complex needs can impact their everyday lives. This can lead to a sense of desperation and helplessness along with a sense of mental or emotional exhaustion. Often people are unable or afraid to reach out and ask for help, either at work or to those closest to them. I am able to offer a professional specialist service, both independent and separate from your every day life. But together we can work on those things that often affect you the most.
I help you explore your options so you can make decisions that are right for you.
Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone for a completely confidential and no obligation chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Life Coaching
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Teaching training in Mindfulness
- Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Bereavement Training
- Complicated Grief
- Samaritans Suicide Training
- Suicide Awareness Training
- Attachment Theory
- CBT & Aggression
- Anger Management Training
- Working with Violent Behaviour
- Transference & Countertransference
- Working with Anxiety and Depression
- Working with OCD
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Initial assessment session (where required) £90 for a 90 minute session.
- Standard sessional rates £55 - £65 for a 50 minute session.
- Weekend Rates are £65.00 for a 50 minute session
- I offer discounted rates for bulk purchase opportunities.
- I offer discounts of £10.00 off of my standard rates in my Wantage practice for Counselling Students
- I am also able to offer a limited number of clients a reduced rate in my Wantage practice, depending on their financial situation e.g. OAPs and Unemployed.
Please call or email me with any questions you may have. Skype or Face time Counselling is available as well as face to face Counselling/CBT.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and Daytime availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|