Kate Megase MBACP accredited, registered Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
My aim is to help you with any problem or emotional pain, which you are finding hard to handle on your own, resolve these difficulties, achieve your goals and provide you with the tools to ensure long-lasting success.
I am passionate about my work and I am committed to providing an excellent service to help my clients:
- Improve self-esteem
- Develop healthy relationships
- Provide clear techniques, strategies along with unique ways and ideas to treat stress, anxiety and depression
- Fulfil overall therapeutic goals within 6 sessions
I have a proven track record of my success rate with my clients and I will support them throughout the entire journey of change
Counselling can help you with those difficult times in life when you need to resolve a problem which is stopping you from achieving your personal best. As a therapist, I believe that there is no problem that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction and there are no limits to what can be achieved within counselling.
I believe that the relationship between therapist and client can be a vehicle for growth.
Together, we can explore how events of the past, often from childhood, have contributed to your current situation. This process will promote emotional growth at your own pace. This will also help you to gain greater self-awareness, increase your esteem and help you to understand the relationship with yourself and others. This process will create a sense of inner peace and enable you to understand your emotions and gain more self-identify.
I specialise in issues associated with:
Childhood related issues
I am able to help individuals who are experiencing difficulties associated with:
Childhood related issues
Bereavement / loss
Cultural and Ethnicity
Lack of confidence
and many more.
I am a fully qualified counsellor, registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I practice within the organisation's ethical framework.
I am the founder of the Personal Growth and Development Centre, and I work with EAPs (employee assistance programmes) providing counselling support to staff in organisations such as:
London Fire brigade
Ministry of Justice
I am also a qualified personal development and career coach as well as a clinical supervisor, supervising counsellors and staff requiring external supervision.
As a non-judgmental therapist, I provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment where you can talk, express and reflect on any difficulties and feelings that you may find difficult to share with others.
I use different counselling approaches such as; Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Gestalt approach. I will use the appropriate counselling approach(es) to meet your personal needs and help you understand the root cause of your problems.
I also offer my services via Skype and telephone if you have a busy schedule or work shift pattern. I provide short-term or long-term therapy. Also, I work during the day from 10 am to 9.30 pm Monday to Friday.
I also provide integrative clinical supervision for trainees/qualified counsellors and counselling placements.
I work in two clinics - one in Harley Street and the other in Croydon.
Our offices are 1-minute walking distance from East Croydon Station and 5 minutes walking distance from Oxford Circus Tube Station.
Please use the link below regarding questions and answers about counselling on our website:
We also offer low-cost counselling for individuals on benefits or on a low income: Initial Assessment – £15 (50 Minutes)
Individuals on benefits – £10.00
Low Income (up to £18,500) – £25(CROYDON ONLY)
Please provide a minimum of 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel a session. The full fee will be charged for sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Congratulations on taking the first step, I know this is not always easy.
Call me for an appointment today.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advance Diploma - Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma - Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate - Counselling Studies
- Certificate - Counselling Skills
- Diploma - Clinical Counselling Supervision
- Diploma - NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Certificate - Depression
- Certificate - NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Certificate - Stress Management
- Certificate - Trainer the Trainer (Group Facilitator)
- Certificate - Assertive communication skills
- Certificate - Women`s Personal Development Programme (Self-esteem and confidence building)
- Certificate - Coaching
- BACP Accredited Member
I have worked as a counsellor for Centre 70 counselling services, which is supported by Lambeth and South London Mind (mental health charity)
I also provide:
- Counselling Placements
- Counselling Supervision
- Women`s support group
- Women's development programme
- Motivational Speaking
- Personal Development and Career Coaching
- Mental Health Awareness Conferences
- Christian Counselling
- Mental health and personal development event planning.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in issues associated with:
Stress / Anxiety/Panic Attacks
Childhood related issues
I offer 75 minutes sessions if you are in crisis or require a longer session
Free initial telephone consultation
Croydon - £55.00 /Face to Face (50 mins)
Harley Street - £80.00 /Face to Face (50 mins)
Online / Telephone counselling - £55 (50 mins)
Croydon - £70.00 per session - (50 mins)
Harley Street - £100.00 -(50 mins)
(Discount available for block sessions, booked in advance)
Clinical Counselling Supervision
Croydon - £55 - 60 minutes or £70 for 90 minutes
Harley Street - £80 - 60 minutes or £120 for 90 minutes
I offer concessionary rates for students
£350 - Psychological Assessment, including report (1-2 pages)
Personal Development & Career /Business Coaching
Free initial session (which is usually done over the phone/skype)
Prices start from £50.00
(prices are based on your personal needs, package and location)
Get one session free when you book 6 or more sessions in advance
LOW-COST COUNSELLING - CROYDON (ONLY)
Initial Assessment - £15 (50 Minutes)
Individuals on benefits - £10.00 (50 Minutes)
Low Income (up to £18,500 pa) - £25 (50 Minutes)
Payment can be made by cash or card at the end of each session or PayPal /Bank transfer 24 hours before the session.
Concessions offered for
- I also offer other services including:
- Wellbeing worshops/seminars
- Clinical supervision
- Christian counselling
- Women’s development programme
- Support groups, workshops
- Coaching for individual/ businesses
- Motivational speaking
- Personal/business development courses for organisations
- Physiological assessment for law firms
More articles by Kate Megase
- Self-care: 6 ways to take care of yourself
- 7 tips to cope with depression
- Fear of being alone
- Anxiety: Facts, symptoms and ways to overcome it
- Is procrastination affecting your life?
- Fear of abandonment
- Have you lost your self-identity?
- What causes anxiety?
- How to not lose yourself in your relationships
- Unforgiveness and your health
- Low self-esteem and relationships - part 3
- Are you a people pleaser?
- How self-sabotaging behaviour affects relationships
- Self-esteem in relationships
- Coping with depression
- How loving yourself helps you to love others
- Fear of intimacy
- Coping with stress
- Why ignoring negative emotions can be dangerous
- Dealing with challenges in life
- Codependent relationships
- Low self-esteem and relationships - Part 2
- Anxiety and relationships
- Dealing with the challenges of being a single mum
- Don't give up on your dreams
- How to have healthy relationships
- Breaking the cycle of painful relationships
- Stop seeking approval in relationships
- Are you looking for love in the wrong place?
- How fear of abandonment affects relationships
- Low self-esteem and relationships
- How to avoid low self-esteem
- How to increase your self-esteem