Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I have over 13 years of therapeutic experience of private and organisational integrative counselling, with person centred therapy at my core, and am a member of the BACP (Accredited) and COSRT. I offer therapy with an integrative approach, connecting with your particular needs in order to find and change the limiting beliefs that might be holding you back.
I completed my Diploma in Counselling at Joseph Priestley College qualifying me as a therapist, in 2011. I then returned to education at Leeds Becket University where I gained a BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2014.
Progressing to a Post Grad Cert in Supervision at UCLAN and more recently I qualified as an EMDR and coaching practitioner.
Additionally, I have a post-grad certificate in Psychosexual therapy.
My early career started with ongoing training alongside 1 academic year of work with children aged 5-11 in a school environment providing 1:1 therapeutic interventions. My work there also included devising and delivering workshops to other staff members within the school environment to help gain and maintain relationships with other piers.
I have 3 years of experience working with mental health issues within an organisation, with clients aged 18+ displaying/presenting issues such as, but not exclusive to:
- Fertility issues
- Relationship issues
- Abuse – sexual, emotional and physical
- Family problems
I currently have my own private practice which is based in Tingley.
One of my passions is the work at Barnsley Rape Crisis Service where I have worked with clients aged 11-18 previously and currently clients aged 18+ who have been impacted by sexual violence. I have 10 years of experience in this capacity and extensive additional training in this and similar fields.
For approximately 2 years I have also been working closely with a company to support gambling addicts, providing 1:1 and couples sessions for those impacted by addiction.
I am committed to providing a safe/confidential environment for all clients encouraging a good therapeutic relationship which allows clients to explore their thoughts and support them through anxiety, depression, trauma and life difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychosexual Therapy
- EMDR and coaching from the London EMDR centre training and trauma therapy additionally completed advanced EMDR training
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma Level 4 - Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 2 - drug awareness and its applications
- BACP accredited member
- Providing single session therapy
- Science of Attachment styles
- ACE's Early Trauma
- COSRT Managing Monogamism: Polyamory Aware Therapy Practices
- Bereavement, grieve and loss during Covid 19
- Sexual Trauma
- Trauma Focused CBT
- EMDR and coaching
- Sexual Health
- COSRT Birth trauma
- COSRT The course of the menopause
- COSRT working online
- COSRT Testosterone Deficiency in Men
- Helping children tell their stories
- Making endings with children
- Attachment theory
- Play therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Safeguarding children and adults
- Keeping children safe on the internet
- Becoming culturally competent
- The impact of trauma on women's sexual relationship
- Paving the way: the adolescent brain
- Safeguarding children from abuse by sexual exploitation
- Trauma focused CBT
- Self harm
- Young people affected by intimated partner abuse
- Teenage brain development and engaging teens
- Sleep - issues and impacts
- Working with problem gamblers
- Children's emotional wellbeing
- Eating disorders
1 year working within a school environment working with children ages 4-11, working with a wide range of issues including loss/bereavement, abuse and confidence/low self-esteem.
3 years experience working in mental health services aged 18+, working with clients experiencing mental health problems working with OCD, abuse, addiction, eating disorders, mental health.
9 years working within a Rape Crisis organisation (2 years with young people aged 14-18), working with victims and family members of people who have been affected by sexual violence.
Almost 2 years work with gambling addiction, working with people and family members who have been affected by gambling addictions.
I have run my own private practice for the past 6 years.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR and coaching
£45.00 - £75.00
Concessions offered for
- One to one counselling per 1 hour session £45
- Couple's per 1 counselling hour session £75
- Psychosexual £75
- EMDR per 1.5 hour session £90
- Supervision rates £50 1 x hour £75 per 1.5 hours
- Coaching Packages available (email to discuss your individual needs)
- Student rates are reduced at 20% per session from the above cost
When I work