Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my profile. I appreciate there are a lot to choose from and it has to be the right fit for you!
Having been a qualified nurse for over 20 years, I decided to branch out into counselling as I felt this was where my fundamental skill set lies. I believe by giving patients a few minutes of my time each day, was better than any medicine that was prescribed for them. People need to feel valued, people need to feel accepted and they certainly need to feel heard.
Based in central Andover, I offer a non-judgemental approach built on the pillars of Gestalt and Humanistic theory. What this means is that we work creatively with what is happening for you right now. Working in the here and now I offer a calm relaxing environment. It is your time and space, it is about you and for you to discuss whatever is concerning you at this moment in time. My main areas of expertise are anxiety, loss, bereavement and trauma work.
By using creative tools such as worksheets, metaphors, mini whiteboards, mood cards in the sessions it can unlock issues from the past in a safe contained and often an illuminating way!
As from September I am back doing face to face sessions, however I will continue to offer online counselling via Skype, Face-Time, WhatsApp or Zoom
So How Can Counselling Help Me?
Sometimes life events can become too much and with the 24 - 7 lives we now lead it can start to impact in all areas of our lives. Counselling can help identify, clarify, and often even simplify problematic thoughts and feelings.
In life and in therapeutic encounters we can find ourselves going around in circles, being unproductive or procrastinating about the things, which we should be doing or those that we want to do. The process of therapy allows us to not simply note these patterns and habits, but offers us the space to creatively think about them, find new more flexible ways of adapting.
Creativity is everywhere in life, it is within our minds and our souls and developing it adds to our sense of self, our placement within the world and gives us purpose and meaning. By working creatively it can also help us unlock our true potential and bring about an awareness of self.
Awareness = Choice = Change
Counselling offered to all!
I take pride in making my services accessible to all sectors of the community and I have recently started working with teenagers 15+ I also hugely welcome clients from the LGBTQ+ community. Difference and equality should be embraced and encouraged and not seen with disparity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma of Higher Education in Humanistic Gestalt Counselling 2019
- Level 4 Diploma of Higher Education in Humanistic Gestalt Counselling 2018
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills 2014
- Level 2 Basics of Counselling 2012
- Part of the Olive Branch Training Team March 2020- current
- DIP HE Nursing Studies (Adult) 1997-2000
- City & Guilds in Family & Community Care 1985-1987
- City & Guilds in Health Promotion 2001
- 998 Assessor & Trainer Critical Care 2006-7
- Qualified First Aid Trainer/Mindfulness/Stress in the Workplace Provider 2013-current
I currently Volunteer for a registered charitable counselling agency The Olive Branch Winchester.
- I work within, and uphold to the key ethical principles and values as stipulated by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- I have fortnightly Supervision with a qualified Psychotherapist/Counselling Supervisor who is also Gestalt qualified.
- I hold a recent Uk Disclosure Certificate
- I can also travel to your workplace to teach a variety of first aid and other courses
- I am also on the Committee of the Jamie G Sporting Trust
Workshops and Professional CPD Training Attended
- 1 Day Creative Workshop January 2019
- Domestic Violence workshop March 2019
- 1 Day Workshop Let's Talk About Sex June 2019
- 1 Day Workshop Attachment Theory July 2019
- Dual-Diagnosis Workshop September 2019
- DISC profiling Workshop October 2019
- Facilitated Creative Day Workshop February 2020
- 1 Day Workshop Attachment Theory February 2020
- Loss in Lockdown Series April-ongoing
- 1 Day Workshop on The Counsellors Attachment Style October 2020
- Evening Workshop on Addiction May 2021
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have worked very closely with clients who have suffered from
- Abuse- sexual-mental-physical
- Anxiety & Panic Attacks- GAD
- Bereavement-grief-loss-sudden death child/adult
- Low self worth-self esteem
- Self Harm
- Split Personality Disorder
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Exam Anxiety
- Intrusive Thoughts
£40.00 per session
Concessions offered for
What to Expect in Your First Counselling Session
I offer an initial telephone/Zoom consultation for half an hour at the cost of £20 this is to explore what is concerning you at this moment in time, and whether you think my style of counselling is right for you.
If you do decide counselling is for you then, I offer regular sessions 50 minutes in length at a cost of £40.00 per session. I Currently have availability Monday-Thursday with some evening appointments available.
I now offer online counselling either via WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom or Face-Time. This is to enable people to access counselling during the recent Corona Virus outbreak. It gives clients the piece of mind to access counselling in the safety an comfort of their own homes.
Ample parking space provided.
Concessions for low income earners/elderly, young people and a discount for students with valid NUS are available.
Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm some eve appointments also available
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I hold full professional indemnity insurance and a current enhanced DBS.
Finally it is all about you!
I love working creatively with my clients. To watch them grow and transform is what counselling is all about for me.