Psychotherapeutic Counselling | Adv PGDip | MBACP | BA Hons
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
If you are reading this page the chances are you're experiencing challenging emotional or physical difficulties in your life, and I can help!
- Having been through the process of choosing the right therapist myself I know it can be a bit daunting, so well done for taking the first steps on your journey to healing. I offer a free initial telephone consultation as an opportunity to see if I am the right therapist for you and, how we may work together.
- I practice Multi-Model or 'Integrative' Psychotherapy, with a person centred, humanistic, as well as a holistic and creative approach (for example sandplay therapy & beach walk & talk therapy). I continue to attend CPD workshops and training courses to expand on areas of my Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Not one type of therapy fits all and together we will explore what works best for you.
I truly care about my clients and nurture the working relationships that bring positive change to their lives.
Are you experiencing presenting issues such as anxiety, drug, alcohol or lifestyle addictions, depression, sexual issues, eating issues, stress, relationship issues, feeling overwhelmed, sexuality, phobias, self sabotage, sleep issues, phobias, or any issues you feel are interrupting your basic day to day functioning and reaching your potential?
An Experienced and dedicated Psychotherapist
I am trained in, and practice Integrative Psychotherapy, with a Humanistic, Holistic and Creative approach, implementing various modalities such as DBT, CBT, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt Therapy, Jungian Therapy, Art Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness and Sand Tray Therapy. I provide my clients with advanced and effective treatment plans, successfully assess presenting symptoms and issues, keep records of progress with measured outcome forms, and suggest powerful solutions. I am committed to building resilience, reinforcing positive feelings and behaviours, and developing psychological, emotional, and behavioural goals in collaboration with my clients. For over 9 years I have worked with a wide variety of client concerns and issues, and sharing psychoeducation, home techniques and resources. Areas of expertise include Addiction Therapy, and relapse prevention Therapy.
How I Can Help:
- I pride myself on creating a therapeutic space which is relaxed, informal, comfortable, safe, warm, 100% confidential and non-judgemental.
- Together we can explore the root causes of your issues and work towards long-lasting resolutions.
I also offer online sessions via zoom video, telephone counselling or WhatsApp chat, and if like me you love nature - walk and talk social distanced therapy sessions on Shoreham Beach.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from Greater Brighton Metropolitan College
* British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Member MBACP
* Addiction Practitioners Registered Member (formally Federation of Drug and Alcohol (FDAP))
* Full Public Liability Insurance
* ICO Registered in accordance with the GDPR Act 2018
* Up to date Enhanced DBS check
* Addiction Therapy Diploma
* Awareness of Substance Misuse - NCFE CACHE Award Level 1
* Counselling Interpersonal skills - NCFE Award level 1
* Counselling Helping Skills - NCFE Award level 2
* Counselling Skills & Theory - NCFE Award level 3
* GDPR CPD (General Data Protection)
* Online Therapy Advanced CPD
* SandPlay Therapy Advanced CPD
* Stress Counselling in the Workplace (EAP)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My training and experience allows me to work with a huge range of presenting issues. If you feel you want to work with someone who has experience of your particular need, please do drop me a call or message for reassurance.
*Now offering walk and talk therapy on Shoreham Beach!
I love nature, and find it good mindful, restorative practice for mental health improvement. For some people, sitting in a room with a new person may be daunting, especially in the first instance, walk and talk therapy sessions along the Widewater Lagoon on Shoreham Beach may suit you more.
Book online at thejourneypsychotherapy.com
£60.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Free Initial Consultation 30 Minute Telephone Conversation
Cancellation or reschedule policy is 48 hours notice
Payment made in advance can be made via website booking at: thejourneypsychotherapy.com (paypal, bank card or other cards)
When I work
Face to Face sessions are Monday to Friday 9am to 6.30 pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm
Beach walk and talk session may alter due to light.
I offer a free initial informal telephone consultation as an opportunity for you to explore if I am the right therapist for you.