Tracey Wild - Counselling & Psychotherapy (PG Dip) MBACP (Over 20 years&NHS)
I offer professional Counselling/Psychotherapy for a wide range of emotional, psychological and relationship issues; for individuals, couples who want to actively work through their own issues. My experience includes NHS Specialist as an Arts Psychotherapist for adults, teenagers and children. A creative therapy approach is available to support clients who want this approach as part of one-to-one therapy and counselling.
Counselling can be short term or open ended with adults, teenagers and children. I accept self referrals and organisational contracts, continuation from NHS counselling, brief solution-focused work, group work, Personal Development and Life Coaching
I have extensive experience with many of the different issues life presents, such as;
- Anxiety, Stress and Depression
- Clinical Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Childhood Abuse and Trauma
- Loss and Bereavement
- Abuse and Relationship breakdown
- Anger Management
- Low Self-Esteem
- Body Image Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Lack of Motivation/Low mood
You have the opportunity to talk about complex issues with an impartial trained professional, which may also help you to gain a greater understanding of yourself, how it is affecting you, provide a different perspective, how you may wish to deal with it and make choices for the future.
What results to expect;
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Greater self awareness to deal with depression
- Worked through trauma and gain a fuller meaningful life
- Learn ways to understand and move forwards facing loss and bereavement
- Find fulfilling relationships and resolved communication breakdown
- Know how to overcome anger issues
- Gain a new sense of self and confidence
- Learn to accept your own body shape and size in a realistic way
- Renewed ability to make decisions and motivation with a happier mood
Visit my websites www.dancingcolours.co.uk
What to do next?
You can make an appointment or ask more questions by phoning, texting or emailing me through this site or my website. I will respond as soon as I can to your enquiry. When you arrive I will answer and greet you at the door and take you to the room where we will be talking. You are welcome to have a drink and I aim to put you at ease.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have approaching 19 years experience working as a specialist Psychotherapist, Psychological Therapist and Counsellor both in the NHS, private practice and with Employee Programmes. See below for Professional Membership.
This includes over 11 years of training in the therapist profession;
- Post Grad Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Post Grad Diploma (Master Equivalent) Dance Movement Psychotherapist (UKCP)
- BA (Hons) Degree in Arts Therapies
- Transactional Analysis (TA) 101 Introductory
My Counselling/Psychotherapy training is based on the rigorous continuous Post Graduation qualification in Gestalt Psychotherapy. This also includes experience in GP Surgeries as a Counsellor following the NICE guidelines recommended for the treatment of depression.
I have also worked in NHS secondary care with Mental Health issues and Learning Disabilities, as a specialist Dance Movement Psychotherapist.
I am a member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP); registered with the Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapists (ADMT); I trained at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (SPTI) and University of Surrey, Roehampton. I adhere to the code of ethics set by the BACP, UKCP and ADMT.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Continuation from NHS Counselling
- Skype sessions
- Hearing Impairment
From £50.00 to £70.00
Concessions offered for
Individual Counselling/Therapy - £50 (50 minutes or £60 for 1 hour sessions)
(£40 for low incomes - proof provided)
Initial Consultation is (one hour to one hour 10 mins)
Couple Counselling/Therapy - £60 - £70 (time agreed to run longer
Initial Consultation allows up to one hour 15 mins
Initial consultation gives time to both talk and find on the right choice for you; an opportunity to ask questions or voice any concerns you may have and ensure that you feel comfortable with working together.
Available Day time, evenings and weekend sessions
Concession rate-limited availability. Please discuss with me at the initial session.
Creative Arts Therapy Services Available;
Creative Arts Therapy Sessions £60-£70 (1 hour)*
Group Psychotherapy £25-£30 (2 hour session)*
*Based in the Dancing Colours studio on Vernon Street. DE1 1FR
Therapy for Public Services Enquiries;
Dance Movement Psychotherapy £70 (1 hour) and £60 for children under 10
Group Dance Movement Psychotherapy £25-£30 (2 hour session)
Bank Transfers and direct Apple App
Monday to Sunday = 7:00am - 9pm. Flexibility for working away professionals and so I offer weekends by arrangement. A guideline is usually Saturday am. Sunday am and pm.
Have had extensive work experience with Employee Assisted Programmes (EAPs)
- Provide private Creative Arts Therapies including Dance Movement Psychotherapy for adults and children.
- Work with people suffering from a Learning Disability.
- Provide Personal Development and Life Coaching.
- Have Stage 1 British Sign Language (BSL) for people who are deaf or have a hearing impairment
- For more information visit www.dancingcolours.co.uk and www.dancingcolours.org
DANCE THERAPY AND CREATIVE WORKSHOPS;
See my website and events on here for workshops coming up!