Cigdem Tas, Psychologist, Counselor&Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Reg.BACP
Life struggles are paradoxical and complex and it sometimes can be experienced very overwhelming. But it is also the opportunity to understand yourself better.
If you are looking for a highly confidential and supportive space to address your life issues that are holding you back or puzzling, I am here to listen and help you to explore better options to respond them together.
Therapy helps you to observe your approach to your personal and professional relationships and regaining courage connect them more creatively.
I provide individual and group therapy via face-to-face, telephone and online. It can be short-term or open ended.
I am a BACP registered and accredited Psychotherapist with long lasting experience. I am trained in Existential-Phenomenological Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, CBT and Third waves of CBT ( ACT- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
My therapeutic approach is to develop a good therapeutic relationship in which you can feel safe, empowered, ready to explore and reflect what life brings to you. Therapy is for asking some sensitive questions and finding better ways to feel contained and resilient in life. I am here to help you develop kindness and ease on your journey by reflecting, exploring and creative responses whatever you are going through. Isolation always makes it more difficult to tackle life challenges.
I am based in N16 close to Stoke Newington High Street and Church Street.
What to expect initially
You can contact me via counselling directory website to ask for initial session. This session is about to find out what you are looking for, your expectations, what I can offer, how I work and how to plan your therapy journey.
Once we agreed on regular sessions I usually see you once a week. Weekly sessions are the most common and more required frequency. However, I sometimes provide flexibility on that according to what you want.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DPsych in Counselling Psychology (Exited at level 8)
- Prof. Certificate in Supervision and Leadership/Group Facilitation
- PG Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy
- PG Certificate in CBT
- BSc in Psychology
- Debriefing Training (fortnightly for 6 months) by TPA (Turkish Psychologists Association)
- Psychological Support Methods by TPA
- Strategic Family Therapy
- Trauma and CBT Training
- Programme planning and For Homeless people and Drug Users
- Rorschach Exert System
- CBT with Psychosis Module 1 and 2
- MERIDEN (Interventional family support training for Psychosis)
- Problem Gambling Trainings
- Tree of Life Training
- Advance Problem Gambling Training
- Working with the Domestic Violence Survivors Training
- Motivational interview training
- Certificate in ACT (Acceptance and Compassion Therapies)
- Online Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£60 per individual session,
£50 per telephone or online session.
Concession fee is applied
The length of therapy would be tailored according to the client's needs. It can be short-term or long term. Some times it can be only a consultation session to direct you with your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, Turkish|
I am available Monday to Saturday and day and evenings that arranged subject to needs of you. I make sure that we find the best time for both of us with flexibility.
Types of client