Chris Rudyard MBACP. BSP, CBT, EMI, NLP, PC. Coach, Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Nr Lark Lane
Hello & welcome -
I hope you can find what you need. Just call, or email me to see if I will take your case.
You may just want to talk to a professional counsellor & psychotherapist, and that's okay.
I am a very experienced therapist providing counselling & psychotherapy in an accepting, and safe space.
I will help you to work through what is blocking you, so that you can get back on track, and towards where you want to be.
I have helped 1000's of people through counselling and psychotherapy, and I always like to meet someone new to help too.
Go straight to my website by clicking here now
- There is no need for you to prepare anything
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You will not undergo tedious assessments, or lengthy questionnaires
- High quality, streamlined, reliable service
- You are accepted as you are
- You decide how many sessions you have
- I make a commitment with you
- Clear communication
- You get the kind of therapy that will most benefit you
What can you use counselling for?
Although I will work with whatever you want from therapy, most people come to because of my experience working with:
- anxiety & worry
- alcohol/drug/substance use
- childhood experiences
- difficult memories
- family & relationships
- traumatic experience, and post traumatic stress
How can counselling & psychotherapy help?
People I've seen have managed to let go of:
alcohol use - anger and resentment - anxiety - drugs - emotions and thought patterns that hindered them - long standing issues - memories - old unhelpful behaviours and habits - unhealthy relationships.
What can you benefit from counselling & psychotherapy
People I've worked with have gained:
answers - better relationships - calmness - clarity - closure - confidence - connectedness - control - direction - improved wellbeing - meaning - progression - resilience - restful sleep - self-awareness - strengths & understanding.
Not sure what the problem is?
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel, and leave without treatment.
This is because physical symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to being run down due to: anger, anxiety, depression, stress or worry.
Examples of symptoms you may be having are:
dissociation - dizziness/Labyrinthitis/vertigo - feeling on edge - IBS/irritable bowel syndrome - chest or stomach pains - headaches/migraines - panic attacks - phantom pains - sexual performance - shaking - skin rashes - sleeping problems - stammers - excessive sweating - tiredness/exhaustion - tight chest etc.
It's always a good idea to consult your GP if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Where do I start, how do I know what to talk about?
Start by contacting me, arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues over the phone.
In the first session we'll start to work out together what's going on, and where to start.
Why should you see me?
My approach to therapy is a fluid one, I am human first, and I'll develop a way to work with you as an individual.
I'm pretty easy going, genuine, open minded, and I have a warm, accepting attitude.
I usually work by having a therapeutic conversations, and I also have ways of working that don't require talking about the issue.
I am trained in a number of therapies including CBT. I find the most beneficial therapies that I use are Person Centred, Solution Focussed, EMI, NLP, and BSP. I also have an understanding of Neuroscience (The brain and nervous system) and how this affects recovery.
I also consider myself to have a good knowledge of trauma, and how to work with this.
More important than all these theories is that I understand you as an individual. I am also trained in NLP professional coaching.
Much of my work encompasses human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them.
I know how important the therapeutic relationship is between the therapist and client.
Working with me ensures tight confidentiality, without the the NHS or 3rd parties sharing all of your personal details.
I consider myself down to earth, flexible, and strong in my work. As well as therapy and the work I do, I am interested in many things including art, film, health, music and travel.
Just phone or email if you are ready to make an appointment (all we need to do is arrange a date/time)
Call me today, whatever is going on..
Training, qualifications & experience
Many types of professionals & people come to see me inc:
actors, artists, business persons, counsellors & therapists, engineers, lawyers, lecturers, medical professionals, musicians, office workers, parents/carers, religious persons, scientists, sports persons, social workers, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, and young people.
- I see men & woman
- Most of my clients are professionals in their 20's - 50's
I have invaluable experience gained from well-known services, working with many different people from many walks of life. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally, making me a flexible, robust and very experienced practitioner.
My work and practice has been audited by the BACP and has passed this process. This means I have met certain criteria required to evidence I am ethical in my professional responsibilities as counsellor & psychotherapist.
I have also supported organisations in gaining their BACP Accredited status.
I have worked in a paid capacity for services & organisations that provide psychological interventions and support, as outlined below:
*The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston - CQC regulated therapy service. Therapist/counsellor/assessor - adults - mainly anxiety, mood, relationships, trauma. Short to longer-term work. Working within NICE guidelines
*Counsellor & psychotherapist (Merseyside, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - setting up counselling services within schools, providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
*Counselling & psychotherapy - third sector BACP Accredited counselling service - A great deal of my work here encompasses long term work for abuse, anger/anger management, family & relationships, and traumatic experiences. I have worked on a counselling service for anger, for past 6 years which has been funded by CCG/NHS.
*Counselling for Liverpool © - business owner 11 years - working with people on a private basis providing counselling & psychotherapy for a range of personal issues. Short to long term work.
*Employee assistance programmes - counselling employees from some of Liverpool's largest employers - Also nationwide - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6-8 weeks)
*Insurance companies - I provide counselling for several large insurance companies
*Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
*Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist mental health support & counselling for 11-25 year olds. Funded by NHS/CCG
*Online Counsellor & Psychotherapist - Resile Ltd.
*Relate - The Relationship People - North & South Greater Manchester - counsellor & psychotherapist.
*Face to Face charity Manchester - adults counsellor for those with low/no income - voluntary
*Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement & life threatening illness - NHS & Macmillan centre
*Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor - long term counselling
*Mental health advice/support help lines - supporting people in crisis, advising professionals & carers.
*On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called: themix.org
*GP's surgeries & NHS clinics - counselling, psychotherapy & mental health assessments across Manchester
*Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Asperges/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
*Residential/assessment units, leaving care units for those with dual diagnoses, and undiagnosed mental illness. Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
*Substance misuse counsellor - NHS/CCG. Working with those using drugs / alcohol, or relationships affected.
*Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting those in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
*Participation - helping young people, parents/carers, and professionals feedback to commissioners, and services to help shape mental health services.
*The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis and those who are feeling suicidal, by telephone, and face to face - Manchester - voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling under the BACP regulating body. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work.
I am fully registered and insured to provide coaching, counselling, and psychotherapy. I am also a member of accrediting body 'The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy'.
All of my training has been gained through face to face training with well respected trainers & training establishments. These have been known in the therapy field for their radical training for counsellors/psychotherapists.
I believe qualifications are important, what I believe is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Postgraduate Level 7/Masters Level - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques. Linda Smith & Joe Curren
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person Centred Psychotherapy, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester. Frances McDonnell & Tracey Walshaw
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) Marilyn Tucknott
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - Central College England - Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track. Nick Cooke
- Cert BSP Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail. Dr. Mark Grixti, Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert BSP Phase 2 -British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert EMI Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert EMI Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
30 hours Certified CPD/on going training every year.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling
- Data protection
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety -QCF
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Solution Focussed Hypnotherapy
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and coach.
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neurotherapy - A scientific based psychotherapy
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it is a physical imprint on your nervous system.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole system to help you recover.
- Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP is scientifically based, and researched to prove beneficial with traumatic incidents. They go much deeper than traditional talking therapies. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
- Trauma focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse & rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Private therapy sessions
- £50.00 per 50 minute session. One to one sessions and are in Aigburth, and sessions may be available in Childwall or Liverpool city centre. Double sessions can sometimes be arranged.
- £60.00 per session on Saturdays & Warrington location.
- £70.00 Relationship therapy in the city centre - near 'Liverpool One' shopping district.
- £90.00 Eye Movement Integration session 1.5 hours. These sessions are an alternative to EMDR, the are more technical, and also use aspects of metadata/NLP. They tend to help quickly with great results. These sessions are usually in addition to a normal course of counselling & psychotherapy.
My fees are excellent value in regards to my experience, qualifications and training.
I accept the following payments: Bank Transfer, Cash, Visa, Visa Debit & Mastercard.
I do not offer any 'free' or 'introductory' sessions, this is because this would not be therapy/counselling, it would be unrealistic to base how therapy would be on this experience.
I want you to get where you want to be quickly and efficiently, so we start therapy as soon as possible. I do not need to waste your time with interviews, unnecessary assessments, or form filling - we go straight to therapy.
Packages for businesses & insurance
£300.00 for 6 sessions of counselling/CBT/trauma therapy. Other packages are available, give me a call for a friendly discussion.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for. Missed or cancelled sessions from business packages will be reduced from the number of sessions offered)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm - You can leave a message 24hrs a day. This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential. If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions
- Monday to Saturday
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 173, 60, 82D & 82 bus route
- Residential area close to Lark Lane - cafes, restaurants & shops nearby
- Free roadside parking directly outside, and free parking within one minutes walk.
- My Aigburth therapy office is a dedicated room in my own home - close to Lark Lane
- Childwall office is in a small private medical centre - close to M62 and Queens drive.
- City centre, and Warrington offices are in small private rooms based in professional buildings.
- Clients that require a lift to go upstairs must be seen in Liverpool city centre or Warrington.
Please be aware that everybody will have their own unique experience of counselling & psychotherapy.
"Counselling has transformed my existence, and it doesn't bare thinking about how I would have been without it, and I shall always be grateful" A Client - 2007.
Chris was easy to talk to, a good listener and he helped me a lot! A Client 2017
I have seen counsellors before but Chris has been the only one that I felt has really helped. A huge thank you! A Client 2018
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Monday-Thursday: 4.15pm-7.00pm *Fridays 9.00am-7.00pm *Sat: 8.00am-3.00pm. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already booked.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have no capacity left take supervisees at present.