Chris Rudyard mbacp - anxiety, relationships, trauma, & addiction
Nr Lark Lane
Hello & welcome -
My name is Chris Rudyard mbacp. I have over 16 years experience supporting people's wellbeing, and I now have 2 therapy practices.
I hope you can find what you need here. If it makes it easier just call, or email me now
I realise at this stage you may just want to get started and talk to a trusted professional counsellor & psychotherapist, in an accepting, and safe space.
If you know what's bothering you great! If you aren't sure, or haven't a got a clue, that's great too, I love to help people work things out.
You may feel that 'talking is not enough' and I have powerful methods of helping, without talking about the problem.
I have helped 1000's of people through counselling and psychotherapy, and I have had personal therapy with several therapists.
I always like to meet someone new to help, and I make my clients very important to me so that therapy works.
You can go straight to my website by clicking here now
Seeing me ensures:
- It's easy to self refer
- There is no need to prepare
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- There are no tedious assessments, or lengthy questionnaires
- You get a high quality, streamlined, reliable service
- You decide how many sessions you have
- Easy communication
- You get the kind of therapy that will most benefit you
- You are accepted as you, and you are safe
- High quality tissues are at hand
What do people see me about?
Most people come to see me about trauma, and associated problems
- anxiety, anger, mood
- dissociative experiences
- difficult memories, fragmented memory and memory loss
- panic attacks
- post traumatic stress
- self harm
What could a trauma be?
There are numerous experiences that could cause trauma
- a prolonged stressful period
- abuse in any form
- adverse childhood experiences
- drug induced trauma
- injury inc. sporting injuries
- near death experience and severe illness
- prolonged stressful situations
- traumatic birth
- witnessing a traumatic incident or a death
What can you benefit:
People I've worked with have gained:
answers - better relationships - calmness - clarity - closure - confidence - connectedness - control - direction - improved wellbeing - meaning - progression - resilience - restful sleep - self-awareness - strengths & understanding.
Not sure what the problem is?
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel, and leave without treatment.
This is because physical symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to being 'run down' due to: anger, anxiety, depression, grief, stress, trauma or worry.
Examples of sympmtoms (psychosomatic) symptoms you may be having are:
dissociation - dizziness/Labyrinthitis/vertigo - feeling on edge - IBS/irritable bowel syndrome - chest or stomach pains - headaches/migraines - lump in throat - panic attacks - phantom pains - sexual performance - shaking - skin rashes - sleeping problems - stammers - excessive sweating - tiredness/exhaustion - tight chest etc.
It's always a good idea to consult your GP if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Where do I start, how do I know what to talk about?
Start by contacting me, arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues over the phone.
In the first session we'll start to work out together what's going on, and where to start.
What I have to offer:
My approach to therapy is a fluid one, I am human first, and I'll develop a way to work with you as an individual.
I'm pretty easy going, genuine, open minded, and I have a warm, accepting attitude.
I usually work by having therapeutic conversation, and I also have ways of working that don't require talking about the issue.
I am trained in a number of therapies. I find the most beneficial therapies that I use are Person Centred, and EMI, and BSP (trauma therapies). I also have an understanding of Neuroscience (The brain and nervous system) and how this affects recovery. I am also trained in NLP professional coaching, and hypnosis.
I have a good knowledge of trauma/post traumatic stress, and how to work with this.
More important than all these theories is that I understand you, and am able to relate to you as an individual.
Much of my work encompasses human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them.
I know how important the therapeutic relationship is between the therapist and client, so work to get this right.
Working with me ensures tight confidentiality, without the the NHS or 3rd parties sharing your personal information.
As well as therapy, and the work I do, I am interested in many things including art, film, health, music and travel.
Just phone or email now to make an appointment (all we need to do is arrange a date/time).
Training, qualifications & experience
Many types of professionals & people come to see me inc:
actors, artists, business persons, engineers, lecturers, medical professionals, musicians, office workers, parents/carers, religious persons, scientists, sports persons, social workers, solicitors, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, and young people. I see men & woman. Most of my clients are students and professionals in their 20's - 50's
I have over 16 years experience gained from well-known services, working with many different people from many walks of life. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally, making me a flexible, robust and very experienced practitioner.
As well as my direct therapy work with individuals, I have provided training for organisations, inc. schools around mental health matters.
My work and practice has been audited by the BACP and has passed this process. This means I have met certain criteria required to evidence I am ethical in my professional responsibilities as counsellor & psychotherapist.
I have also supported organisations in gaining their BACP Accredited status.
I have worked in a paid capacity for services & organisations that provide psychological interventions and support, as outlined below:
*The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston - CQC regulated therapy service. Therapist/counsellor/psychotherapist/assessor - adults - anxiety, drug & alcohol, relationships, trauma & PTS(d). Short to longer-term work. Working within NICE guidelines
*Counsellor & psychotherapist (Merseyside, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - setting up counselling services within schools, providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff with experiences of trauma.
*Counselling & psychotherapy - third sector BACP Accredited counselling service - A great deal of my work here encompasses long term work for abuse, anger/anger management, family & relationships, and traumatic experiences. I have worked on a counselling service for anger for past 6 years, which has been funded by the CCG/NHS.
*Counselling for Liverpool © - business owner 11 years - working with people on a private basis providing counselling & psychotherapy for a range of personal issues. Short to long term work. Addiction, anxiety, relationships, and trauma & PTSD.
*Employee assistance programmes - counselling employees from some of Liverpool's largest employers - Also nationwide - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6-8 weeks)
*Insurance companies - I provide counselling for several large insurance companies who refer people for traumatic experience.
*Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers with experience of truama - funded by local authority
*Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist mental health support & counselling for 11-25 year olds with experience of truama. Funded by NHS/CCG
*Online Counsellor & Psychotherapist - Resile Ltd. Ex-Military.
*Relate - The Relationship People - North & South Greater Manchester - counsellor & psychotherapist.
*Face to Face charity Manchester - adults counsellor for those with low/no income - voluntary
*Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement, cancer, life threatening illness and trauma - NHS & Macmillan centre
*Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor & therapist - long term counselling
*Mental health advice/support help lines - supporting people in crisis, advising professionals & carers on mental health.
*On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called: themix.org
*GP's surgeries & NHS clinics - counselling, psychotherapy & mental health assessments across Manchester
*Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Asperges/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
*Residential/assessment units, leaving care units for those with dual diagnoses, and undiagnosed mental illness. Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
*Substance misuse counsellor - NHS/CCG. Working with those using drugs/alcohol, or relationships affected.
*Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting people in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
*Participation - helping young people, parents/carers, and professionals feedback to commissioners, and services to help shape mental health services.
*The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis and those who are feeling suicidal, by telephone, and face to face - Manchester - voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling under the BACP regulating body. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work. I can also practice hypnosis, but would only do this at my request on a case by case basis.
I am fully registered and insured to provide coaching, counselling, and psychotherapy. I am also a member of accrediting body 'The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy'.
All of my training has been gained through face to face training with well respected trainers from around the world & training establishments. These have been known in the therapy field for their radical training for counsellors/psychotherapists.
I believe qualifications are important, what I believe is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Postgraduate Lv 7 - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person Centred Psychotherapy, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - Central College England - Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track.
- Cert in Solution Focused Hypno-psychotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Solution Focused Counselling Skills - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert BSP Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, gentle therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail, BSP uses integration of neuropsychology and mindfullness. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert BSP Phase 2 -British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert BSP Phase 3 - BSP training. Fully adaptable, and enhanced BSP approach, able to be used for many 'difficult to process' issues, creativity, dissociative identity, ego states, sports trauma, and complex trauma & PTS(d). Trained by Dr. David Grand the US founder of BSP. Barcalona, Spain.
- Cert BSP & Addictions - Specialist treatment for all addictions. From chocolate, biscuits, crisps, through to drug use, OCD, & self harm. This incorporates attachment theory and trauma. Dr. Roby Abeles - London
- Cert EMI Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert EMI Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency BACP – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Over 30 hours Certified CPD/on going training every year.
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Attachment theory & adoption training
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling - PCCS Training Partnership
- Data protection & GDPR 2018
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Eriksonian Hypnotherapy - Central college England
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety - QCF
- Intro to Gestalt therapy - New School of Psychotherapy
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - New School of Psychotherapy
- Eriksonian Hynpotherapy - Central college England
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and coach.
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neurotherapy - A scientific based psychotherapy
These therapies are fast acting, deep, and the most powerful forms of therapy. They are not available through the NHS or through charities.
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it leaves a physical imprint on your nervous system. Therefore trauma is both mental and physical, so often talking is not enough.
I consider BSP to be the most beneficial form of therapy that I work with. 'Talking therapy' gets you so far, and BSP gets you the rest of the way.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole nervous system to help you recover.
- Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process, anxiety, anger, trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP are scientifically based, and are researched to prove beneficial with many circumstances. BSP goes much deeper than traditional talking therapy working with your midbrain and limbic system. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
- Trauma focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse, rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma)
Hypnotherapy in Liverpool
- I will only carry out hypnosis if this is what you request. Real hypnosis is not what you've seen on the television. No one can be hypnotised against their will, and you can come out of hypnosis at any point. People love the feeling of hypnosis as it is very relaxing.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Private therapy sessions
- £60.00 Professionals
- £50.00 Students
- £100.00 - per 1.5 hour treatment Eye Movement Integration. EMI is an enhanced form of EMDR, it is a different technique, and uses aspects of NLP/Metadata, and 24 different eye movements for full integration and processing. EMI tends to help quickly with great results. These sessions are usually in addition to a normal course of counselling & psychotherapy.
Couples counselling sessions
- £80.00 - couples therapy in the city centre - near 'Liverpool One' shopping district.
My fees are excellent value in regards to my experience, qualifications and training.
I accept the following payments: Bank Transfer, Cash, Visa, Visa Debit & Mastercard.
I do not offer any 'concession', 'free' or 'introductory' sessions, this is because I am working in all my sessions. It would be unrealistic to base how therapy would be based on a limited experience.
I want you to get where you want to be quickly and efficiently, so we start therapy as soon as possible. I do not need to waste your time with interviews, unnecessary assessments, or form filling - we go straight to therapy.
Packages for businesses & insurance inc. school staff
£400.00 for 6 sessions of coaching/counselling/CBT/trauma therapy. Other packages are available, give me a call for a friendly discussion.
£60.00 per session - no reports written.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 48hrs notice are to be paid for. Missed or cancelled sessions from business packages will be reduced from the number of sessions offered)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm - You can leave a message 24hrs a day. This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential. If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions
- Monday to Saturday
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 173, 60, 82D & 82 bus route
- Residential area close to Lark Lane - cafes, restaurants & shops nearby
- Free parking directly outside
- Aigburth therapy office is a dedicated room in my own home - close to Lark Lane.
- City centre/Rodney St, Lymm, and Warrington offices are in small private rooms based in professional buildings.
- Clients that require a lift to go upstairs must be seen in Liverpool city centre.
Please be aware that everybody will have their own unique experience of therapy.
'I hadn't any experience of coaching before, so I didn't know what to expect, and found it helpful. Through the sessions it became it became really clear what it was that was holding me back. I also found the beliefs I had, didn't fit with who I am, and this was also limiting me'. A Client 2018
'I have seen counsellors before but Chris has been the only one that I felt has really helped. A huge thank you!'. A Client 2018
'Chris was easy to talk to, a good listener and he helped me a lot!'. A Client 2017
'Counselling has transformed my existence, and it doesn't bare thinking about how I would have been without it, and I shall always be grateful'. A Client - 2007.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Monday-Thursday: 4.00pm-7.00pm *Fridays 9.00am-7.00pm *Sat: 8.00am-1.00pm. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already booked.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have no capacity left take supervisees at present.