Chris Rudyard MBACP + MNCH. Anxiety, Childhood, PTSD, Relationships, & Substance
Nr Lark Lane
Hello & welcome
I hope you can find what you need here. If it makes it easier just call, or email me now.
- I offer therapy that can help you improve how you feel quickly
- I am a very experienced therapist who is trained in more than one approach to therapy
- I have other powerful ways of working, besides traditional 'talking therapies'.
My name is Chris Rudyard MBACP, MNCH (Reg.)
I have been supporting people for over 17 years. I have helped 1000's of people.
I now have 2 websites, as I trained and qualified in more than counselling alone
I realise at this stage you may just want to get started and talk to a trusted, and well-known professional counsellor & psychotherapist, in an accepting, and safe space.
Whether you know what is bothering or not, you are welcome to come and see me.
I always like to meet someone new to help or people that have benefitted from my sessions in the past. I make my clients very important to me so that therapy works.
You can go straight to my website by clicking here now
Seeing me ensures:
- There is no need to prepare
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- There are no tedious written assessments or lengthy questionnaires
- You will not be offered a standard course of NHS CBT or Computerised CBT
- You are not required to talk if you don't want to
- You can self refer easily
- You will have access to the most cutting edge therapies
- You get a high quality, streamlined, reliable service
- You decide how many sessions you have
- You get access to a range of therapies and have choice
- You are accepted, and valued as you, you are safe
- You see the therapist you want to see
- High quality tissues are always at hand
What do people see me about?
- anger/anxiety/depression/sadness (mood)
- abuse & neglect
- alcohol & drug use
- dissociative experiences
- dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality)
- difficult memories, fragmented memory and memory loss
- emotional eating
- flashbacks, dreams & nightmares
- panic attacks
- post traumatic stress
- pornography & masturbation
- psychosis & drug induced psychosis
- self esteem
- self harm
- sleep problems
What can you benefit:
People I've worked with have gained:
- better relationships
- improved sense of wellbeing
- restful sleep
- self awareness
- strengths & understanding
Not sure what the problem is?
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel and leave without treatment.
This is because physical symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to being 'run down' due to: anger, anxiety, depression, grief, stress, trauma or worry.
Examples of symptoms (psychosomatic) symptoms you may be having are:
dissociation - dizziness/Labyrinthitis/vertigo - feeling on edge - IBS/irritable bowel syndrome - chest or stomach pains - headaches/migraines - lump in throat - panic attacks - phantom pains - sexual performance - shaking - skin rashes - sleeping problems - stammers - excessive sweating - tiredness/exhaustion - tight chest etc.
Symptoms are often a way of your body alerting you to something isn't right. It makes little sense to avoid or medicate symptoms away.
It's always a good idea to consult your GP if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Where do I start, how do I know what to talk about?
Start by contacting me, arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues over the phone.
In the first session, we'll start to work out together what's going on, and where to start.
What I have to offer:
My approach to therapy is a fluid one, I am human first, and I'll develop a way to work with you as an individual.
I'm pretty easy going, genuine, open-minded, and I have a warm, accepting attitude.
I usually work by having therapeutic conversations, and I also have ways of working that don't require talking about the issue.
I am trained in a number of therapies. I find the most beneficial therapies that I use are Person Centred, and Eye Movement Integration, and BSP (trauma therapies).
I am also trained and experienced in Attachment & Trauma, Neuroscience (The brain and nervous system) and how this affects recovery. I am also trained in NLP professional coaching, and hypnosis.
More important than all these theories is that I understand you, and am able to relate to you as an individual.
Much of my work encompasses human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them.
I know how important the therapeutic relationship is between the therapist and client, so work to get this right.
Working with me ensures tight confidentiality, without the NHS or 3rd parties sharing your personal information.
Overall I love my work, and working to help people through a safe professional relationship.
As well as therapy, and the work I do, I am interested in many things including art, film, health, music and travel.
Just phone or email now to make an appointment (all we need to do is arrange a date/time). Make sure you leave a message if I cannot answer my phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
Many types of professionals & people come to see me inc:
actors, artists, business persons, Drs, engineers, lecturers, medical professionals, musicians, office workers, parents/carers, religious persons, scientists, sportspersons, solicitors, students, teachers, tradespersons, travellers, and young people. I see men & woman. Most of my clients are students and professionals in their 20's - 50's
I have over 17 years experience gained from well-known services, working with many different people from many walks of life. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally, making me a flexible, robust and very experienced practitioner.
As well as my direct therapy work with individuals, I have provided training and consultation for organisations, Inc. schools around mental health matters.
My work and practice has been audited by the BACP and has passed this process. This means I have met certain criteria required to evidence that I am ethical in my professional responsibilities as counsellor & psychotherapist.
I have also gained BACP Accredited status for organisations.
I have worked in a paid capacity for services & organisations that provide psychological interventions and support, as outlined below:
*The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston* - CQC regulated therapy service. Therapist/counsellor/psychotherapist/assessor - adults - anxiety, drug & alcohol, relationships, trauma & PTS(d). Short to longer-term work. Working within NICE guidelines
*Counsellor & psychotherapist* (Merseyside, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - setting up counselling services within schools, providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
*Counselling & psychotherapy* - A BACP Accredited counselling service - A great deal of my work here encompasses short - long term work for abuse, anger/anger management, family & relationships, psychosis, PTSD & traumatic experiences. I worked for this counselling service for 6 years, which was been funded thanks to Wigan CCG/NHS.
*Counselling for Liverpool ©* - business owner 12 years - working with people on a private basis providing counselling & psychotherapy for a range of personal issues. Short to long term work. Addiction, anxiety, relationships, and trauma & PTSD.
*5 Employee assistance programmes* - counselling employees from some of Liverpool's employers, and international employers. Telephone & face to face- Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6-8 weeks)
*Insurance companies* - I have provided counselling for several large insurance companies who refer people for help with traumatic experience.
*Looked after children's counsellor* Inc. parents/carers with experience of trauma - funded by local authority
*Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner* - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist mental health support & counselling for 11-25 year olds with experience of trauma. Funded by NHS/CCG
*Online Counsellor & Psychotherapist* - Resile Ltd. Ex-Military.
*Relate - The Relationship People* - North & South Greater Manchester - counsellor & psychotherapist.
*Face to Face charity* - Manchester -adults counsellor for those with low/no income - voluntary
*Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement, cancer, life-threatening illness and trauma - NHS & Macmillan centre
*Pupil referral units & social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) schools - counsellor & therapist - short- long term counselling & therapy
*Mental health advice/support helplines - supporting people in crisis, advising professionals & carers on mental health.
*Online advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called: themix.org
*GP's surgeries & NHS clinics - counselling, psychotherapy & mental health assessments across Manchester
*Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate-severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Asperges/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
*Residential/assessment units, leaving care units for those with dual diagnoses, and undiagnosed mental illness. Bury, Cheshire, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester.
*Substance misuse counsellor - NHS/CCG. Working with those using drugs/alcohol, or those relationships affected.
*Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting people in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
*Participation - helping young people, parents/carers, and professionals feedback to commissioners/CAMHS, and services to help shape mental health services.
*The Samaritans *- 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis and those who are feeling suicidal, by telephone, and face to face - Manchester - voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling under the BACP regulating body. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work. I can also practice hypnosis, but would only do this at my request on a case by case basis.
I am fully registered and insured to provide NLP coaching, counselling, hypnotherapy and psychotherapy. I am also a member of an accrediting body 'The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy'.
All of my training has been gained through face to face training with well-respected trainers from around the world & training establishments. These have been known in the therapy field for their radical training for counsellors/psychotherapists.
I believe qualifications are important. I believe what is more important is experience, where/who you trained with, & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Postgraduate - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Accredited Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person-Centred Psychotherapy - Person-Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy inc. EMDR - Central College England - Birmingham. Accredited course.
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - Central College England - Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track.
- Cert in Solution Focused Hypno-psychotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Solution Focused Counselling Skills - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - Central College England. Nick Cooke
- Cert BSP Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, gentle therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail, BSP uses integration of neuropsychology and mindfulness. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert BSP Phase 2 - British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert BSP Phase 3 - BSP training. Fully adaptable, and enhanced BSP approach, able to be used for many 'difficult to process' issues, creativity, dissociative identity, EGO states, sports trauma, and complex trauma & PTS(d). Trained by Dr. David Grand the US founder of BSP. Barcelona, Spain.
- Cert BSP & Addictions - Specialist treatment for all addictions. From chocolate, biscuits, crisps, through to drug use, smoking, OCD, & self-harm. This approach incorporates attachment theory, neuroscience, and trauma. Dr. Roby Abeles - London
- Cert EMI Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer) - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert EMI Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer)- Bath, Somerset.
- Ego State Therapy - With Dr Robin Shapiro TBC London
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency BACP – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I commit to more than the 30 required hours Certified CPD/ongoing training every year. I completed over 180 CPD hours in 2018.
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Attachment theory & adoption training
- Attachment & trauma
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counterterrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling - PCCS Training Partnership
- Data protection & GDPR 2018
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Effects of childhood traumatic stress on physical & mental health - Dr. Maté
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety - QCF
- Intro to Gestalt therapy - Brian McMinn
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - New School of Psychotherapy - Dr. Emmy van Deurzen
- Integration of Mind, Brain and Body in the Treatment of Trauma - with Dr. Bessel van der Kolk - Author of The Body Keeps The Score
- Polyvagal Theory - Deb Dana
- Supporting LGBTQ+ mental health
- Mental health - NHS
- Self-harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Trauma-informed practice & scope
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and coach.
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neurotherapy - scientific based psychotherapy for trauma, PTSD, and addiction
BSP & EMI therapies are fast acting, deep, and the most powerful forms of therapy I have had personally and used. They are not available through the NHS or through charities.
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it leaves a physical imprint on your nervous system. Therefore trauma is both mental and physical, so often traditional talking therapies and CBT are not enough.
I consider BSP to be the most beneficial form of therapy that I work with. 'Talking therapy' gets you so far, and BSP gets you the rest of the way.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole nervous system to help you recover.
- Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body-based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process, anxiety, anger, cravings, trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP are scientifically based and are researched to prove beneficial in many circumstances. BSP goes much deeper than traditional talking therapy working with your midbrain and Limbic system. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
- Trauma-focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse, rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma). Most people will not identify their trauma as trauma.
What could a trauma be?
There are numerous experiences that could cause trauma. Most people who have experienced trauma would not class it as such, and/or 'downplay' it.
- a prolonged stressful period
- abuse in any form
- adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- developmental trauma
- drug induced trauma
- injury inc. sporting injuries
- near death experience and severe illness
- prolonged stressful situations
- rejection from parent/loved one
- traumatic birth
- witnessing a traumatic incident or a death
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Private therapy sessions
- £50.00 Individual one to one sessions - Aigburth
- £60.00 Individual one to one sessions - All other locations and sessions after 5.00pm (Formby, Liverpool City Centre, Aigburth)
- £90.00 - per 1.5 hour session - Eye Movement Integration. EMI tends to help quickly with great results. These sessions are usually into a course of counselling & psychotherapy. One-off sessions can be arranged for acute trauma/one of incidents.
Relationship/couples counselling sessions
- £70.00 per 1 hour - couples therapy in the city centre - near 'Liverpool One' shopping district or Aigburth
My fees are excellent value in regards to my experience, qualifications, and training.
I accept the following payments: Bank Transfer, Cash, Visa, Visa Debit & Mastercard.
I do not offer any 'concession', 'free' or 'introductory' sessions, this is because I am working in all my sessions. It would be unrealistic to base how therapy would be based on a limited experience.
I want you to get where you want to be quickly and efficiently, so we start therapy as soon as possible. I do not need to waste your time with interviews, unnecessary assessments, or form filling - we go straight to therapy.
Packages for businesses, EAP's, insurance companies, and school staff
£300.00 - coaching/counselling/CBT/trauma therapy. Other packages are available, give me a call for a friendly discussion.
£60.00 per session - no reports. PHQ9 & GAD 7 in agreement with the patient/client.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 48hrs notice are to be paid for. Missed or cancelled sessions from business packages will be reduced from the number of sessions offered)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm - You can leave a message 24hrs a day. This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential. If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Sessions available 7.30am - 7.30pm
- Monday to Saturday
- Aigburth office is close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 173, 60, 82D & 82 bus route
- Residential area close to Lark Lane - cafes, restaurants & shops nearby
- Free parking directly outside
- Aigburth therapy office is a dedicated room in my own home - close to Lark Lane.
- Liverpool City Centre offices are in small private rooms based in professional buildings.
- Clients that require a lift to go upstairs must be seen in Liverpool city centre.
Please be aware that everybody will have their own unique experience of therapy.
'I hadn't any experience of coaching before, so I didn't know what to expect, and found it helpful. Through the sessions, it became really clear what it was that was holding me back. I also found the beliefs I had, didn't fit with who I am, and this was also limiting me'. A Client 2018
'I have seen counsellors before but Chris has been the only one that I felt has really helped. A huge thank you!'. A Client 2018
'Chris was easy to talk to, a good listener and he helped me a lot!'. A Client 2017
'Counselling has transformed my existence, and it doesn't bare thinking about how I would have been without it, and I shall always be grateful'. A Client - 2007.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Wednesday:1.00pm-7.00pm Thursday & Friday 9.00am-7.00pm Sat: 8.00am-12.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have no capacity left take supervisees at present.