Suzanne Ellis (MBACP) Registered Counsellor. Supervisor
Are you feeling stressed, lost, anxious, depressed or finding life challenging and difficult? Counselling is a space where you can talk about your feelings, anxieties, problems and your experiences. As an integrative counsellor, I offer you a respectful, empathic, non-judgemental, confidential service. Our work together will be led by you and your needs. I’m a qualified counsellor with 13 years experience. I am also a qualified supervisor.
- MA in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Mentoring
- Certificate in Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- 101 certificate in Transactional Analysis
- CPCAB Level 6 certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Experience of working for MIND, HOAP ( homeless charity), Barnardo’s, Hope House Children’s Hospice.
- Experience of working with individuals of all age groups, adults, children, teenagers and young people
- Experience of working with individuals bereaved through sudden and traumatic circumstances, such as suicide, murder, road traffic accidents and sudden death.
- Private counselling room in Oswestry, Shropshire. Close to Oswestry town centre (parking is available/close to bus routes)
- £40 for individual counselling session. A session lasts 60 minutes
- Registered member of BACP.
I am based in Oswestry, Shropshire, which is within easy reach of the welsh border, mid Wales, Wrexham and Cheshire. My private counselling room is in the suburbs of Oswestry, but is within easy walking distance of Oswestry town centre, and there is ample parking space available. If you have any questions about my counselling service please ring me on 07530726687.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Person-Centred Counsellor. I have an advanced diploma in Gestalt Therapy and a Masters Degree (highest level qualification) in Counselling from Chester University. I am also experienced in working with trauma, loss and bereavement.
I have training in Mindfulness, suicide prevention, counselling children and young people, adolescent bereavement, attachment based theory, couples therapy, 101 transactional analysis, safeguarding, mental health first-aid and self-harm.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP registered number 92710) and I abide by their ethical framework. I am also a member of the Children and Young People Division of the BACP.
I have been engaged as a counsellor for MIND and HOAP (a homeless charity) and Barnardo’s. Presently I work as a counsellor at a local children’s hospice and have been in my present role for 10 years.
I have experience of working one to one sessions with individuals of all age groups, adults, children and young people. I particular experience of working with adults, children and young people bereaved through sudden and traumatic circumstances.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am currently studying level 6 CPCAB certificate in counselling supervision, so that I can supervise other counsellors and other professionals in helping roles.
£40 for individual counselling. £60 for couple counselling. A session lasts for 60 minutes.
I have worked with clients on the autistic spectrum.
I have worked with a wide age range of clients from age 5 to people in their 80’s, a variety of presenting issues.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have some availability on Fridays, Saturdays and also some evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor working in Oswestry, Shropshire, close to the border of North Wales, Mid Wales, Wrexham and Cheshire.