Mary-Rose Clarke (MBACP)
I am a qualified and experienced Person-Centred Counsellor (MBACP) and Embodied-Relational Therapist. I offer short and long term support to individuals online and in-person from my home in South Bristol. I am an experienced practitioner who has helped many people through challenging life events and overwhelming feelings.
At the heart of my work lies deep compassion and respect for every individual. I know that each of us goes through hard times in our lives and that these can lead to us feeling trapped, overwhelmed, hopeless and lost. Counselling can help you to understand your feelings better and change the things in your life that no longer serve you.
Starting counselling can feel difficult, but giving yourself the time you need to process and heal is the most valuable gift you will ever give yourself.
Is counselling right for you? Counselling can help you to...
- move beyond anxiety, fear, anger and depression
- deal with major life changes (illness, bereavement, relationship break up/down, parenthood, injury/illness, housing, job)
- accept different parts of who you are
- recognise and understand patterns in the way you relate to others and yourself
- process past experiences and trauma
- stop destructive behaviour
- find clarity, joy and satisfaction in your life
- cope with eco-anxiety and other feelings that have come up in relation to the climate and ecological breakdown.
What to expect...? Firstly, via email, we will arrange an initial 30-minute consultation. At this meeting, you will have the opportunity to ask me any questions about the way I work and I will find out a little about you and how counselling can help you at this time. Then we can arrange a regular time and day for our sessions going forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy (Body Psychotherapy).
- First Class Honours in Humanistic Counselling Practice. The University of Nottingham.
- 1:1 therapy
- Eco-anxiety groups
- Long term and short term work
- Online and in-person
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Member no. 00731594
- The Embodied-Relational Therapy Association (ERTA)
- The PCSR: Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility (PCSR)
- The Body Psychotherapy Network (BPN)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial 30mins consultation.
Regular fee: £45 per 50 minutes session.
*Covid-19 outbreak concession* During these extraordinary times I am offering a special concession to make mental health support more affordable. You can now receive 4 online counselling sessions for £120 (£30/session).