I am a qualified counsellor and therapist trained in both the Person-Centred and the Body Psychotherapy traditions.
My practice is underpinned by empathy and compassion grounded in the understanding that there are many complex circumstances at play in each of our lives. I draw on my training in Embodied Relational Therapy to offer space to connect with ourselves, each other and nature. My approach allows us to move beyond the ‘thinking’ mind and connect to our bodies, feelings and creativity, enabling growth and change to happen.
My practice is also informed by Buddhist philosophy and Mindfulness Practices which supports my ability to stay present, fresh and curious to what arises in our sessions.
I specialise in working with young people between 18-34yrs old. I offer an approach that is sensitive to the everyday pressures that young people face, including the impact of social media, employment pressures, awareness of the human impact on our planet, the rise in the cost of living, academic pressures and cuts to public services on the mental health of this age group.
I also have a special interest in the intersection between the personal and the political. Knowing that we are not separate isolated beings, we can explore how cultural systems of power and oppression impact on our experience of the world.
Counselling can support you to:
- deal with major life changes (bereavement, relationship break up/down, parenthood, injury/illness, housing, job)
- move beyond anxiety and depression
- accept different parts of who you are
- recognise and understand patterns in the way you relate to others and yourself
- process past experiences
- find clarity, joy and satisfaction in your life
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy (Body Psychotherapy).
- First Class Honours in Humanistic Counselling Practice. The University of Nottingham.
- 1:1 therapy
- Group Work for teenagers around the themes of self-love and acceptance; relationship to our bodies; expression of self.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Member no. 00731594
- The Embodied-Relational Therapy Association (ERTA)
- The Bristol-based Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice (CAPPP)
- The PCSR: Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility (PCSR)
- The Body Psychotherapy Network (BPN)
- The Psychotherapist and Counsellors Union (PCU)
- A friend of The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
I have experience of working as a counsellor in the education and charity sector in the UK and Ireland. I have also used my therapeutic skills in roles working with domestic violence victims.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45/hour (some concessionary places available).
I charge £15 for a 30mins initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Working from home Thursdays
Types of client