I am a qualified and experienced Person-Centred Counsellor (MBACP) and Embodied-Relational Therapist. I offer support to individuals online, in-person from St Werburghs Community Centre and from natural outdoor spaces. I am an experienced practitioner who has helped many people through challenging life events and overwhelming feelings.
At the heart of my work lies deep compassion and respect for every individual. I know that each of us goes through hard times in our lives and that these can lead to us feeling trapped, overwhelmed, hopeless and lost. Counselling can help you to understand your feelings better and change the things in your life that no longer serve you.
Starting counselling can feel difficult, but giving yourself the time you need to process and heal is the most valuable gift you will ever give yourself.
Is counselling right for you? Counselling can help you to...
- move beyond anxiety, fear, anger and depression
- deal with major life changes (illness, bereavement, relationship break up/down, parenthood, injury/illness, housing, job)
- accept different parts of who you are
- recognise and understand patterns in the way you relate to others and yourself
- process past experiences and trauma
- stop destructive behaviour
- find clarity, joy and satisfaction in your life
- cope with eco-anxiety and other feelings that have come up in relation to the climate and ecological breakdown.
What to expect...? Firstly, via email, we will arrange an initial 30-minute consultation. At this meeting, you will have the opportunity to ask me any questions about the way I work and I will find out a little about you and how counselling can help you at this time. Then we can arrange a regular time and day for our sessions going forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy (Body Psychotherapy).
- First Class Honours in Humanistic Counselling Practice. The University of Nottingham.
- 1:1 therapy
- Eco-anxiety groups
- Long term and short term work
- Online, in-person and outdoor work
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Member no. 00731594
- The Embodied-Relational Therapy Association (ERTA)
- The PCSR: Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility (PCSR)
- The Body Psychotherapy Network (BPN)
- Friend of the Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial online session