Jane Adam CTA (Psych) UKCP accred, PGDip Counselling
City Of Edinburgh
0131 442 3695 / 07748533297
I am an experienced psychotherapist working with adults & young people addressing a broad range of issues such as; depression, anxiety, low self esteem, self harm, sexual abuse, relationship problems, loss, relationship problems, life changes etc. With a long standing interest in various eating disorders I specialise in this area. Using a combination of approaches I help individuals overcome what has become problematic in life through the use of long or short term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
Formerly involved in teaching and working with physical health I recognised conflicting attitudes, fears and repressed feelings directly influence the body and how we function. My integrative approach draws from Psychoanalytic, Person Centred and Mindfulness therapeutic methods acquired throughout my 15 years of practice. My experience includes working with children & young people and in training for a UKCP accredited Diploma in Child/Adolescent psychotherapy.
Addressing what has become difficult in life can help you identify, understand and make meaning of what is at the root of your problem, bringing stability and a better presence of mind.
I also run small groups or individual sessions for persons who fight with their weight, whether over weight, under weight or a healthy weight. This includes those who struggle with Bulimia, Anorexia, Binge eating etc. to find out more please visit my website or contact me.
I accept clients diagnosed with an eating disorder who may require psychiatric care and take GP referrals.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£55 per hour - one to one
Couples - £80 per 90 minute session
DIETING STARVING BINGEING PURGING
Why are these behaviours so difficult to give up?
- Understand why these behaviours appear to control no matter how hard you attempt to change.
- Look into these behaviours and get an explanation.
- New insights bring new possibilities, old patterns breakdown and change occurs.
- Short and Long term support available.
- One to one or closed group (max 6) sessions.
To join a group or for more information please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible working hours Monday to Friday 9am - 8.30pm
Types of client