Guy Van de Walle, PhD, Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, Psychologist
07475 520 419
Does this describe your current situation or psychological state?
- Are you experiencing emotional turmoil and feeling stressed, anxious or depressed?
- Are you going through life difficulties and challenges which you feel are dragging you down?
- Have you experienced traumatic events, recently or in the past, which you still find troublesome and overwhelming?
- Do you accumulate negative feelings such as sadness, anger, fear, guilt, frustration or hopelessness?
- Do you have low confidence or feel worthless and inadequate?
- Does life feel meaningless, lacking purpose, on top of being too difficult to cope with?
- Are you finding your feelings not only overwhelming but also difficult to express and make sense of?
- Have you lost touch with life and with yourself and would like to reconnect?
- Would you like to understand what is not working in your relationships and why?
- Would you like to work out what is going on in your couple?
- Would you like to improve your ability to communicate your thoughts and feelings effectively?
- Would you like to increase your awareness of boundaries and develop your ability to manage these effectively
Here is a helping hand:
I am a very experienced, highly qualified and accredited counsellor, psychotherapist and psychologist offering counselling to individuals and couples for short or long term therapy. As you can see from the list further down the page, I cover most psychological and emotional issues.
How can I help?
By working with me, you will be able to freely express your thoughts and emotions in a confidential and safe environment. Emotionally supportive, non-judgemental and empathetic, I will help you explore and reflect on what is going on in your life and within yourself which is troubling you. The depth and quality of this exploration and reflection is where the service that I offer stands out.
My in-depth understanding of human psychology and my ability to acceptantly embrace and give meaning to every aspect of an individual's psychological life rests on over 25 years of intense research activity and personal and professional development. Please visit my website where I discuss in greater length the tremendous advantages of being a theory builder rather than a theory follower to facilitate deep and effective therapeutic and developmental work.
The emergence of meaning and understanding plays an essential role in enabling you to identify opportunities and strategies for positive change and transformation, and ways of implementing such change.
How will you benefit?
Past clients report having gained valuable new insights concerning their issues, themselves and others, as they have been enabled to explore and make sense of their personality structure and life circumstances, uncover what lies beneath the surface of things, check and where necessary challenge their assumptions, be more aware of the connections between things, and see the bigger picture.
They also report having developed a greater sense of acceptance, personal worth and purpose, and a heightened sense of empowerment and freedom.
Most importantly, they find that they have made significant progress towards a resolution or better management of their issues, whether this concerns their emotional state, their perception of things, their personal identity and sense of self and/or the management of their boundaries (the list is not exhaustive).
Where and how?
I work from my private practice in Chelmsford, close to the city centre, with parking available and easy access by bus or train (the station is only a 15 minutes’ walk). The room and the house in which my practice is situated have a calming and positive energy, which visitors often notice.
Sessions are usually on a weekly basis and last 50 minutes. The frequency of meetings can be increased on request. The initial meeting to discuss your requirements will not commit you to further sessions unless you wish to proceed.
Find out more...
If you wish to learn more about me and my services, please consult my website (link above) or contact me directly for a non-committing discussion over the phone or by email. I will be very happy to answer any queries you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 16 years experience in private practice. In addition to this, I have been working for two counselling organisations, namely Havering and Brentwood Bereavement Service (HBBS) and Renew (ex. West Ham Central Mission, WHCM) between February 2013 and April 2016. I have 25 years of research experience in psychology, psychotherapy, social sciences and other relevant domains.
Together, my practical and theoretical experiences contribute to the depth of my understanding of my clients as individuals and human beings as well as to the soundness of my therapeutic approach.
Relevant qualifications include:
- PhD in Psychology
- MSc in Psychology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (BACP accredited course)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (BACP accredited course)
- Award in Counselling Concepts (BACP accredited course)
- PhD in Sociology and Philosophy - deferred
- MPhil in Sociology and Philosophy (with distinction)
- MA in Philosophy
- BA in Philosophy
- BA in Social Anthropology and History
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/ Psychotherapist and adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Search for meaning, mid-life crisis, identity issues, fear of death, social-cultural exclusion, isolation, loneliness, feeling of inadequacy, exploration of spirituality, spiritual development.
Please note that I only work with adults and young people who are at least 16 years old.
If your income is above 45K, the following fees apply:
If your income is below 45K, the following fees apply:
Fees are negotiable depending on income and situation. Please inquire.
A 48 hour cancellation policy applies.
For further details concerning my services, please consult my website: www.guyvandewalle.co.uk (link next to my picture on top of this page).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday appointments between 3.00 pm and 8.00 pm. Appointments can be made via email (please leave a mobile number), text or telephone. Calls are welcome between 9.30 am and 8.45 pm.
Types of client