Hello, my name is Gillian and I am an Integrative Counsellor and Supervisor at Serenity Counselling. I offer a confidential space where you can explore your thoughts and feelings safely. I am here to listen and help you work through difficult times in a supportive and non-judgemental way. While reasons for accessing counselling are unique to each person, we will work together to build a trusting therapeutic relationship so you can safely look at any issues that are causing distress. With deeper understanding and greater self awareness you can improve your satisfaction with life.
I am also employed as a Student Counsellor at Runshaw College and I am the Programme Leader for the adult counselling courses. These roles help to ensure that I keep continually updated about best practice in the profession and any relevant legislation/guidelines.
*Please note, in the interests of safety and effective practice, I am only able to offer online or telephone counselling at present.
Spaces available for clinical supervision
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CBT)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- BA (Hons) Educational and Professional Studies with QTS
- PGCE in Safeguarding Children
- OCST Webcam and Voice only Online Counselling
- Levels 2 and 3 Eating Disorder Awareness
- Children and Young People who Self-Harm Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Safeguarding Adults
- Level 2 Data Protection in Health
- Mental Capacity training
- Equality and Diversity Level 2
- Health and Safety and Risk Assessment Level 2
- Children, Young People and Families: Working with Difficult Behaviour
- BACP: Working with Children in their World
- Exploring a Young Person's Journey through the Counselling Process
- Understanding Male Depression
- Introduction to Couples Counselling
I am a qualified and experienced Person-centred counsellor and CBT therapist. I use a flexible and integrative approach aiming to meet the individual needs of my clients.
I have experience working with abuse, anger, trauma, domestic violence, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, alcoholism, personality disorders, bereavement, eating disorders, body dysmorphia, low self-esteem, autism, Asperger syndrome, ADHD, anxiety and depression.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Counselling: £35 per session
Supervision: £45 per session
I understand that taking the first steps to seek out counselling can be quite daunting. I am able to offer a free 20 minute initial telephone or Zoom consultation to help you decide whether it feels right for you.