Tara Malyon MBACP Counsellor/Psychotherapist (accred)
Wickford Centre For Counselling & Psychotherapy (WCCP)
Cranfield Park Road
Chelmsford Wellbeing Centre (CWC)
13 Railway Street
Struggling with Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Issues or work stress?. I specialise in these areas, providing a safe place for you to explore your difficulties, helping you to gain fresh insight and enabling you to learn new skills to manage your issues. I also specialise in Couple Counselling knowing that being in a relationship can evoke many challenges, often resulting in ineffective communication with each other which can leave us feeling very dissatisfied in our relationship. The counselling I offer is a space for you to bring and explore any issues which are proving too difficult or distressing to manage on your own or between you. We can often feel too embarrassed or proud to ask for help but I provide a non judgemental, warm and supportive space for us to work collaboratively to improve any issues that you may be facing on a day to day basis. Our sessions can be short term (more CBT focussed), or longer term depending on your individual/couple counselling needs. As each person and each relationship is unique it is important that we work together using a variety of techniques that will benefit You the client.
I work from comfortable, contemporary, counselling rooms in a quiet, scenic area of Wickford, called the Wickford Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy (WCCP) and in the Town of Chelmsford in a comfortable, private, Victorian house called the Chelmsford Wellbeing Centre (CWC). This is located right behind Chelmsford Train Station. I provide an environment of trust, confidentiality and acceptance, believing that the therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client is essential to the work we do. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email to discuss your individual counselling needs. I am happy to provide an initial 15 minute telephone conversation to answer any questions you may wish to ask regarding therapy.
I am registered and fully insured as a healthcare professional with Bupa, Axa/PPP and Aviva if you have health insurance which covers your mental health. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this more in depth, as this may help you become more aware of your counselling options.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PRIORY GROUP HOSP Chelmsford, nearly 4 years experience, counselling individuals and group workshops for residential and out patient clients.
- Experience counselling individuals and groups in Action On Addiction in Essex.
- Experience counselling and assessing at MIND in London & Essex.
- Experience counselling at MacMillan Dove palliative, bereavement & loss services.
- Experience counselling at Place2be (child/adolescent services).
- Experience counselling at Open Road (substance misuse/ addictions service).
- CPCAB Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- EFT Practitioner.
- EEM Diploma in Energy Therapy
- Certificate in Bereavement & Loss Counselling.
- Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling.
- Certificate in Substance/Addictions Counselling.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency for Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
- Certificate in The Grief Journey.
- Certificate in Mindfulness, Health & Wellbeing.
- Certificate on Shame/Guilt & The Emerging Adolescent.
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate in couples counselling.
- Certified/Fully Checked DBS/CRB.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am open to working with other conditions that may not be mentioned in the above list. Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss together if I am the best counsellor to work with you and your issues. If this is not possible then I may be able to refer you to another professional whom may specialise in that area.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
Photos & videos
Fee: £45-£70 for a 50 min Counselling Session.
Fee: £70:00-£90:00 for an hour Couples Counselling.
Fee: To be discussed for Group Workshops.
Reduced rates can be discussed for students, senior citizens and individuals on low incomes.
Cancelled sessions are expected to be paid for if under 48 hours notice is given. I will endeavour to offer an alternative day/time in the same week if possible, so as to provide continuity of the therapeutic relationship.
Please feel free to contact me by telephone or email to discuss your initial counselling needs and what you may wish to gain from therapy. We can then set up a regular day and time which is convenient for us both. Meeting for counselling weekly initially is important for your therapeutic progress.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer counselling sessions on weekdays, evenings and Saturday mornings.
Types of client