I offer a safe and confidential space in which to explore whatever you are finding difficult or challenging in your life as well as what supports and inspires you.
We all need support whether we are dealing with a personal crisis, traumatic experiences, relationship issues, grief, addictions, the everyday challenges of life or for deepening self inquiry. I offer both short and longer term support.
I have over 20 years experience of working therapeutically with people including counselling, body work, movement and somatic therapy, meditation and the creative arts. I work with individuals, couples and groups and also run retreats.
My Approach to Counselling - Some of the key aspects to the way I work are:
- Respect - building a relationship with my clients based on respect and confidentiality.
- Mindfulness - bringing attention back to the present moment which gives you the support and reassurance of what is current and real.
- Body Awareness - cultivating awareness of the body which helps you to connect more deeply with your feelings, environment and relationships.
- Working with sensitivity and care with any trauma held in the body to allow safe and natural release.
- Inquiry - exploring in an open- ended way rather than looking for fixed results.
- Integration - re-integrating aspects that may have been abandonned in early life as they seemed to be unlovable, unacceptable or just too painful to feel.
- Resourcing - re-connecting with the resources you have to meet life with all its joys and challenges.
- Kindness - welcoming yourself exactly as you are.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Foundation in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencincing Trauma training
- Body/Mind Attunement Training
- "Giving Guidance" Embodied Presence Teacher Training
- Sexual Abuse Training with S.A.G.E.(NHS) and Rape Crisis helpline
- Hakomi Trauma workshop ( Mindfullness centred somatic therapy)
- Focusing skills training
- Diploma Holistic Massage
- Diploma Shiatsu
- Dip H.E. Art in a Social Context
I have an ongoing meditation and movement practice and have been studying with the same teacher for 25 years which deeply informs my practice. The experience of life, relationships, my work and being a mother have been the real and ongoing training and practice.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
First Consultation / meeting 1hr £20
Individual Session 1hr £40
Couple Session 1hr £50
I offer sessions at a concessionary rate where necessary.
When I work
I am available on Mondays and Thursdays in Dartington and Fridays in Exeter.
I have a light and spacious room in both Dartington Space (Near Totnes) and in central Exeter (3 mins walk from the Central Station).