S. Fenella Browne
2nd Floor Consulting Rooms
19 Richmond Road
I offer a safe and confidential space in which to explore whatever you are finding difficult or challenging in your life as well as what supports and inspires you.
We all need support whether we are dealing with a personal crisis, traumatic experiences, relationship issues, grief, addictions, the everyday challenges of life or for deepening self inquiry. I offer both short and longer term support.
I have over 20 years experience of working therapeutically with people including counselling, body work, movement and somatic therapy, meditation and the creative arts. I work with individuals, couples and groups and also run retreats.
My Approach to Counselling - Some of the key aspects to the way I work are:
- Respect - building a relationship with my clients based on respect and confidentiality.
- Mindfulness - bringing attention back to the present moment which gives you the support and reassurance of what is current and real.
- Body Awareness - cultivating awareness of the body which helps you to connect more deeply with your feelings, environment and relationships.
- Working with sensitivity and care with any trauma held in the body to allow safe and natural release.
- Inquiry - exploring in an open- ended way rather than looking for fixed results.
- Integration - re-integrating aspects that may have been abandonned in early life as they seemed to be unlovable, unacceptable or just too painful to feel.
- Resourcing - re-connecting with the resources you have to meet life with all its joys and challenges.
- Kindness - welcoming yourself exactly as you are.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Foundation in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencincing Trauma training
- Body/Mind Attunement Training
- "Giving Guidance" Embodied Presence Teacher Training
- Sexual Abuse Training with S.A.G.E.(NHS) and Rape Crisis helpline
- Hakomi Trauma workshop ( Mindfullness centred somatic therapy)
- Focusing skills training
- Diploma Holistic Massage
- Diploma Shiatsu
- Dip H.E. Art in a Social Context
I have an ongoing meditation and movement practice and have been studying with the same teacher for 25 years which deeply informs my practice. The experience of life, relationships, my work and being a mother have been the real and ongoing training and practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
First Consultation / meeting 1hr £20
Individual Session 1hr £40
Couple Session 1hr £50
I offer sessions at a concessionary rate where necessary.
I have a light and spacious room in both Dartington Space (Near Totnes) and in central Exeter (3 mins walk from the Central Station).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Mondays and Thursdays in Dartington and Fridays in Exeter.