K Walker - FD Couns, BSc (Hons) Psych, PGCE, PgCert, Dip.Couns, MBACP, MBPsS
14 Viewfield Terrace
25 Shandwick Place
Welcome I'm Karen. Most people experience fear, anxiety, profound sadness, depression and/or uncertainty at some point in their lives; troublesome thoughts and feelings can become overwhelming or cause other difficulties. Counselling can help you begin to tolerate, accept, make personal change or achieve growth yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been counselling in Perth and Dunfermline since 2014.
My training as a counsellor is added to over 10 years' experience meeting the needs of young people and their caregivers by providing and co-ordinating multi-agency support relating to learning, behaviour, emotional and mental health. I am interested in counselling for any family, childhood, effects of childhood and relationship issues.
My corporate experience spans employment in a number of sectors of the economy, in the UK and abroad. I also have an interest in working with clients who encounter workplace relational difficulties and stress.
- Foundation Degree in Counselling - The Open University.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology - The Open University.
- Postgraduate Certificate of Inclusive Practice - University of Aberdeen.
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education - University of South Africa.
- Diploma Stage 1 Professional Education Scheme IPM* - Napier University Business School.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
*now Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Registered Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy - Reg.MBACP
- Counsellor Member Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland - CMCOSCA
- Full Member with graduate basis for chartership - The British Psychological Society - MBPsS
- Mindfulness Meditative Practice - Playfield Institute.
- Troubling behaviours in Children and Young People - Playfield Institute.
- Mental Health First Aid - NHS Scotland.
- Introduction to Psychoanalysis in Contemporary Society - Human Development Scotland.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Individual - £45 per session Fife/£50 per session Edinburgh - payable in cash/cheque at the end of each session.
Two people (partners/two family members/friends) - £60 per session Fife/£65 per session Edinburgh.
Sessions are 50 mins.
More than 24hrs notice of cancellation - no charge.
Sessions cancelled with less than 24hrs notice or not attended - full session fee applies.
As a registered member of a counselling profession representative body, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I work in accordance with it's Ethical Framework. Additionally, I am a counsellor on the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland - COSCA's Register which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. I adhere to COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice too. I am subject to the BACP and COSCA's complaints procedures.
I engage in continuing professional development and take regular clinical supervision.
The name of my practice is Candid Counselling Consultancy Ltd, the work is fully insured.
In addition to private practice, I dedicate a number of hours each week to philanthropic work.
Deciding whether to have counselling can be a difficult, if you are considering trying counselling, the first step is to make contact by telephone (above) or send a confidential email (below). I can talk with you in the strictest confidence about what to expect and answer any questions you may have about how I work. This gives you the chance to decide if you would like to work with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Dunfermline - Thursday & Friday (Eve appointments) Edinburgh - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Day/Eve appointments)
Types of client