K Walker - FD Couns, BSc (Hons) Psych, PGCE, PgCert, Dip.Couns, MBACP, MBPsS
14 Viewfield Terrace
25 Shandwick Place
Welcome I'm Karen. Most people experience fear, anxiety, sadness, depression or uncertainty at some point in their lives; troublesome thoughts and feelings can become overwhelming or cause other difficulties. Counselling can help you begin to tolerate, accept, make personal change or achieve growth yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been counselling in Perth and Dunfermline since 2014.
My training as a counsellor is added to over 10 years' experience meeting the needs of young people and their caregivers by providing and co-ordinating multi-agency support relating to learning, behaviour, emotional and mental health. I am interested in counselling for any family, childhood, effects of childhood and relationship matters.
My corporate experience spans employment in a number of sectors of the economy, in the UK and abroad. I also have an interest in working with clients who encounter workplace relational difficulties and stress.
- Foundation Degree in Counselling - The Open University.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology - The Open University.
- Postgraduate Certificate of Inclusive Practice - University of Aberdeen.
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education - University of South Africa.
- Diploma Stage 1 Professional Education Scheme IPM* - Napier University Business School.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body.
*now Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Registered Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy - Reg.MBACP
- Counsellor Member Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland - CMCOSCA
- Full Member with graduate basis for chartership - The British Psychological Society - MBPsS
- Mindfulness Meditative Practice - Playfield Institute.
- Troubling behaviours in Children and Young People - Playfield Institute.
- Mental Health First Aid - NHS Scotland.
- Introduction to Psychoanalysis in Contemporary Society - Human Development Scotland.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£45 per session Fife/£50 per session Edinburgh - payable in cash/cheque at the end of each session.
Sessions are 50 mins.
More than 24hrs notice of cancellation - no charge.
Sessions cancelled with less than 24hrs notice or not attended - full session fee applies.
As a registered member of a counselling profession representative body, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I work in accordance with it's Ethical Framework. Additionally, I am a counsellor on the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland - COSCA's Register which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. I adhere to COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice too. I am subject to the BACP and COSCA's complaints procedures.
I engage in continuing professional development and take regular clinical supervision.
The name of my practice is Candid Counselling Consultancy Ltd, the work is fully insured.
In addition to private practice, I dedicate a number of hours each week to philanthropic work.
Deciding whether to have counselling can be a difficult, if you are considering trying counselling, the first step is to make contact by telephone (above) or send a confidential email (below). I can talk with you in the strictest confidence about what to expect and answer any questions you may have about how I work. This gives you the chance to decide if you would like to work with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Dunfermline - Thursday & Friday (Eve appointments) Edinburgh - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Day/Eve appointments)
Types of client