Jon Treanor BA Hons, Dip Psych, UKCP, BACP, EMCC, FILM, FRSA.
All you have to lose is what brought you here in the first place.
How my approach to counselling helps
My approach to therapy strengthens your sense of understanding your personal environment, the purpose in your life. Focusing on current symptoms I guide you from being 'in this state' to being more consciously aware of your emotional and mental wellbeing. For example;
Where are you today in the world of you?
Being honest with ourselves first and foremost is the only starting point, its somewhere between our personal vision of being perfect and inside being a few steps away from anxiety and panic. It probably feels more like one or more of these right now:
- Personal Environment: You often feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of your life and unable to control them.
- Personal growth: You may have goals for improving your life but always believe you’re falling short and will probably never meet them.
- Purpose: The idea that your life has any meaning disappears, and there seems little point in working toward a better future.
- Powerless: This often means trying to please everyone at the expense of your own opinions and needs.
- Self-Awareness: You don’t accept who you are and feel ashamed, perhaps uncomfortable in your own skin. You feel you can’t do anything right and reinforce the sense of failure by setting impossible goals.
- Regard for others: You may find it hard to form close relationships. You may feel incapable of engaging emotionally at times because you feel so indifferent about everything in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip Psych Transpersonal Counsellor and Psychotherapist. UKCP, BACP.
- Fellow ILM, Fellow RSA.
- Specialist in Emotional Intelligence
- Mindfulness Instructor
I am a former CEO who learnt first hand the stress and strains that high-level work and life can take out of you. From Directorships with large organisations to building my own businesses I have also advise on Emotional Intelligence, mindfulness and Mental Wellbeing in the workplace. I have a BA in the Psychology of Marketing and have been working as a psychotherapist in London fo 10 years. I now practice on line.
I am a young persons mentor with the Princes Trust and have worked as a school counsellor for adolescents and young adults. I am an ambassador for the charity Save The Children and a visiting faculty lecturer to Cranfield Business School, Praxis centre.
I specialise in burnout, anxiety, trauma, dysfunctional teams, Emotional Intelligence Mindfulness, bullying, loss and grief. My experience covers all aspects of emotional and psychological issues. I have worked with professional sports people and business teams.
During the summer months, I run personal development programmes aboard my private sailing yacht in the Greek islands. www.jontreanor.com/santipurna-retreats
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Transpersonal therapy takes a more holistic approach, addressing mental, physical, social, emotional, creative, and intellectual needs, with an emphasis on the role of fostering a healthy mind body and spirit.
Transpersonal therapy works to answer such questions as:
- How can we alleviate own suffering by deeply re-connecting with who we really are?
- How can we then feel more connected to others, the world, and the greater whole?
- How can our spiritual selves help us and guide us through difficult times?
- How can we find meaning and purpose in a changing world, and how can spiritual traditions and tools help with this?
- How can we find our own true worth and potential, and by so doing recognise humanity’s highest potential?
Is transpersonal psychotherapy the right fit for you?
Here are some questions that might help you decide if transpersonal psychotherapy is for you.
- Do you feel that there is more to life and to you than meets the eye, and you’d like to go deeper in finding what ‘lies beyond’?
- Do you have a sense that all things are interconnected, that you are part of a bigger whole?
- Would you like to be more connected to others and to feel more of a sense of purpose?
- Are you interested in your spiritual wellbeing?
- Have you found various spiritual tools of value in your life, or would like to experience more of them?
If you find yourself answering yes to these questions, then transpersonal therapy might be a good fit.
£70 per session.
I usually work with you in an initial exploratory session in order for us to get to know each other to ensure we both feel comfortable working together. Thereafter we agree sessions in 6 session blocks with clear objectives and reviews. We zero in on one of your key factors: for example, anxiety., loneliness, depression.
Many people ignore all the warning signs, we get irritable, fatigued, we lack interest in anything, many just patch it up and tell themselves to keep going. Anxiety today is a common state that many ignore but it is a warning sign. It can be frightening. We have to learn how to shift our mindset, set boundaries and to listen to the warning signs instead of ignoring them. That way we can manage ourselves better for a more positive and rewarding way of life.
If you feel you are experiencing any of these symptoms please do not hesitate to contact me for an initial confidential consultation.
Concessions offered for
I am a BACP and UKCP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist, working in Private Practice on line these days. Due to my schedule I have times on Thursdays Fridays and sa: 07787 513205
A psychological and emotional wellbeing approach that helps you to get stronger at helping yourself to focus on achieving psychological well-being as well as understanding and controlling your symptoms.
- Fellow of the Institute of Leadership management
- Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts
- Mindfulness Teacher
- Dream specialist
- Princes Trust young persons business advisor
- Emotional Intelligence profiler and facilitator