Jenny Brown Dip. Couns, Registered Member MBACP
My name is Jenny Brown and I am a (BACP) British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy registered counsellor working in Droitwich Spa.
Thank you for reading my profile and I hope it will help you to embark on your counselling journey. I am a warm, perceptive and experienced counsellor with a passion for helping clients to move forwards in their lives. I provide a confidential and therapeutic space whereby you can talk and make sense of whatever is causing you distress. To facilitate this I ensure clients feel safe and listened to without fear of being judged or unheard. As your counsellor, I will offer you a calm, reflective atmosphere in which to find clarity, make changes in your life, heal, and grow. I am present in a genuine, compassionate, and non-judgmental way, and I may challenge you appropriately at times. I use my natural intuition to help you to understand what could be holding you back in your life. I am committed to being responsive to the needs of individual clients, and I tailor my work to your needs, also recognising that these needs may change over time.
Counselling is a powerful journey that can lead to a greater understanding of ourselves, promoting emotional and psychological recovery from an array of issues- past and present. Thus, enabling well-being and peace of mind, for a more harmonious and fulfilling future. By being able to talk in a safe and confidential setting you will be able to discuss issues and difficulties as short or long term as you require.
I welcome informal enquiries via email or by phone.
What I can help with
I offer private counselling for people experiencing a wide variety of issues including :-
Bereavement, Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Panic Attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Stress, Alcohol misuse, Anger problems, Chronic Pain, Work related problems, Eating Disorders, Abuse (psychological, emotional and physical) Relationship problems, Childhood issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Self Esteem issues.
Loss and Grief Counselling
I am a specialist in loss and grief- which will often link with issues such as Anxiety and Depression. Grief is a natural response to loss. It's the emotional suffering you feel when something or someone you love is taken away. Most people associate grief with the death of a loved one but any loss can cause grief, including:
- A relationship breakup
- Death/ loss of a pet
- Loss of health
- Losing a job/ home
- Loss of financial stability
- A miscarriage
- A loved ones illness
- Loss of friendship
- Loss of safety after a trauma
How I work
My modality of working is Person-Centered integrative therapy whereby my clients are the most important part of therapy and developing trust and frame of reference is key. I integrate approaches from a number of sources to find tailored solutions that fit the particular needs of the person who comes to me for help and support.
The integrative approach also refers to the infusion of a person's personality and needs- integrating the affective, behavioral, cognitive and physiological systems within one person, as well as addressing social and spiritual aspects.
Essentially, integrative counsellors are not only concerned with what works, but why it works- tailoring therapy to their clients and not the client to therapy. In this way, there is freedom for the client to have the ability to find their own answers from within- instead of being told what to do.
I also offer creative forms of therapy whereby clients share, explore and think about their thoughts, feelings and ideas. This process of self-exploration can often yield surprising results, or uncover to us some feelings or thoughts we once thought we had forgotten, or in fact thoughts or feelings we did not know we had. Like the creative process in arts, music or writing, we open new parts of ourselves- thus growthful and insightful. (You don't need to be 'artistic' or 'creative' to benefit from this).
How Counselling works
I am passionate about developing a strong therapeutic relationship with my clients, and have seen many times the importance this plays in the counselling process. Given a safe environment, many clients often find that counselling offers them, for the first time, the experience of talking about issues that they never expected to be able to discuss. Counselling enables you to be truly heard and accepted unconditionally without fear of being judged or criticised. This ultimately allows healing to take place and issues can then be worked through and resolved.
I see it as an honour to help people in this way and am always touched by the courage clients show when they enter into therapy, I am truly inspired by the resilience and power of the human spirit.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered member (MBACP) of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. This closely correlates with my personal code of ethics.
- I also undertake regular workshops and Continued Professional Development courses, not only for continued learning but to continue in developing myself as a person. I am also a Qualified Reiki Master Practitioner, Reiki is becoming a prominent alternative therapy using energy to heal on a physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual level. Clients often describe it as a very relaxing experience. Meditation can also be helpful in calming the mind, I can explain how to meditate and it can work extremely well in the counselling/ healing process.
I began my counselling career in 2010. Initially, I worked with pre and post bereaved clients in a hospice setting- I also provided counselling for clients facing a life limiting illness. I have worked in a GP surgery supporting clients with complex issues including Self harm, OCD's and Gender identity problems.
I later worked at a FE College counselling students facing difficulties and pressure along with running workshops on Anxiety, Depression and Self-Esteem. I currently work for a local bereavement service whereby I help clients who have lost a loved one through traumatic death such as suicide and other sudden deaths.
I also have extensive experience of working with a wide range of clients in my own private practice and run groups which focus on self- development and personal growth.
- BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Further Training
- Essential Supervision Skills (BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision)
- Applying Theories of Grief to practice
- Person-centred and cognitive explanations of addiction
- Impact of Anxious attachment
- Practical counselling strategies and interventions in addiction work
- Equality and Diversity and Human Rights
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Supporting people in Prison
- The H Factor- Holistic Themes in Palliative Care
- Complicated Grief: Theory, Research and Practice- Julian Bond
- Why Do People Hoard?
- Early Life Experiences & Attachment
- Grieving in a Different Gear- Dodie Graves
- Counselling for Anomalous Experiences
- Information Governance
- Attachment Theory- Sir John Bowlby
- Tackling Loneliness Amongst Older People
- Recognizing Agoraphobia
- Scientific and Applied Perspectives on Bereavement- Stroebe & Schut
- Online Therapy- Risks & Benefits
- Understanding Depression & Anxiety
- Working with Values & Beliefs
- Personal Stories of End of Life Care
- Psychological and Cultural Care
- Safeguarding in FE Colleges
- Diversity in the Workplace
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Individual (at private practice in Droitwich) £40.00 per session.
Individual (home visit) £45.00 per session.
Each counselling session lasts for one hour.
Cancellations should be made as soon as possible/ 48 hours in advance to avoid fee payment.
Payment can be made by- cash, bank transfer or Paypal (Payment is required prior to the beginning of counselling sessions).
There is ample free parking and I am near to bus routes.
When I am working I am unable to answer the telephone, if you call and I can't answer please leave a voicemail or text and I will contact you ASAP. My telephone number is 07926 628323, you are also welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
During our first appointment, we will discuss your expectations of counselling and talk about the frequency and number of sessions you feel you may need and I will explain more about counselling therapy.
I regularly offer the opportunity for us to work together in reviewing the counselling process, to ascertain how you feel counselling is working for you. This gives us both the opportunity to feedback on how the process is progressing and discussing therapeutic change etc.
I receive regular on-going professional, clinical supervision to assure you that I am an ethical practitioner and to aid in providing best practice and positive client outcomes.
I also provide counselling information, wellbeing tips and affirmations on my Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/Healing-for-all-Counselling-762065463895027/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My main working days are Mondays/Tuesdays but I can also offer some evening and weekend appointments- this will depend on my caseload and your availability. Please contact me to discuss.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|