Jenny Brown Dip. Couns MBACP Accredited Counsellor & Intuitive Psychotherapist
I offer supportive and collaborative supervision to Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Trainees. My aim is to assist you in your development and help you to attend to the therapeutic needs of your clients. I am an Accredited member of BACP and consider my approach to be Person Centred- Integrative and like to work creatively where appropriate. Supervision is an invaluable opportunity to examine your response to your work as a Counsellor or Psychotherapist. As a supervisor I aim to provide a safe space whereby you as a practitioner can explore anything and everything that happens in a session or in a response to a session.
I believe that supervision should facilitate reflection and insight into exploring client work. It should promote a safe, learning space- based upon an effective working alliance underpinned by a supportive relationship. I offer a user- led supervision service and will therefore work with you in a way that respects your supervision needs.
I will seek to discover your supervision requirements, how you would like to use the space, whether you would like to work creatively in supervision, how you would like to present your clients, what your preferred approach is, how you would like to receive feedback from me and more. I am respectful of different approaches and enjoy a synergic partnership in the supervisory relationship.
I hold a BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
How I can help you
- Feel supported in your clinical work
- Learn new techniques to use with clients
- Improve your skills and effectiveness with clients
- Improve your confidence
- Help develop your therapeutic approach
- Share and resolve concerns you have with your work in a safe, confidential and non- judgemental environment
- I can help you to work through feeling 'stuck' with clients- enabling you to move forwards with clients.
- Help you with professional development.
- Help ensure the safeguarding of clients, including ethical decision making.
- Support your accreditation or membership to professional bodies.
- Fully qualified practitioners- £60.00 per 90 minute session.
- Trainee Counsellors- £45.00 per 90 minute session.
- Volunteer Counsellors- Concessions available, please contact me to discuss.