Ell Melvin HCPC BADth MA BSc (Hons)
I offer therapy which is able to work proficiently as part of a treatment care plan, or individually in facilitating understanding, and quality, of life.
When offering therapy I aim to...
- Encourage personal growth, development and acceptance
- Give clients space to express themselves at a level of ownership which feels comfortable
- Offer clients the opportunity to feel empowered and heard
- Allow clients to feel free of the stigma they may feel
- Develop skills of social interaction and self-advocacy
- Explore and express feelings and emotions
- Improve self-belief and confidence
I facilitate group therapy to allow individuals to explore anxieties, challenges and worries in a safe group with others who may be in similar situations. I offer bespoke services to meet needs and wishes; I am able to provide focused group therapy to those experiencing specific difficulties, such as specific mental health difficulties, discrimination, exclusion, identity difficulties, separation, and low mood.
I run groups much like individual sessions; enabling individuals to increase self-esteem and social-inclusion, personal growth and development.
Social, corporate and voluntary organisations
I offer a range of workshops and trainings for social, corporate and voluntary organisations. I use therapeutically informed techniques to promote wellbeing, cohesion, and to explore challenging experiences within the workplace.
I follow a person-centred approach; we will work in a way which feels most helpful for you. Upon consultation we will discuss techniques available, and may decide to follow a talking based or more creative approach.
I am a psychotherapist utilising the creative arts where appropriate- often creativity can help us to prevent feeling 'stuck' through taking distance from difficulties to unlock new perspectives and understand potential meanings.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Full registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC - registration number: AS16220)
- Full registration with the British Association of Dramatherapists (BADth - https://badth.org.uk/service/ell-melvin)
- MA Dramatherapy
- BSc (Hons) Medical Anthropology
- I have up to date certificates from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£65.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Please note: Initial 30 minute consultation is offered free of charge
Individual therapy - £65 / session (reduced rate is available for concessions)
Group therapy - please contact for current options
Social, corporate and voluntary organisations- please enquire for workshops available.