Serendipity Psychology: Dr Lauren Sayers & Associates (CPsychol)
- Currently supporting individuals through online consultation through the uncertainty and anxiety evoked by the Corona Virus circumstances. Including health anxiety, trauma and bereavement.
- Chartered Clinical Psychologists with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Offering evidence-based support
- Committed, flexible & individualised therapy
- Evening, early morning & weekend appointments face-to-face and online available
- Working with individuals (adults, children & young people), couples & families
- Specialist therapies available for working with anxiety, health anxiety, depression, PTSD, trauma & personality difficulties including DBT, CBT, Schema Therapy and EMDR.
Who we are
Serendipity Psychology is a partnership of professionally registered, highly qualified Psychologists in independent practice across Northamptonshire, Leicester and Milton Keynes. We aspire to deliver exceptional psychological care and support to our clients.
Finding a therapist
Finding the right therapist and type of therapy can be a confusing and complicated process. It is especially important to find someone you think you can form a strong relationship with and someone who is able to help you in the most effective way. We recommend attending an initial consultation, online, by telephone, or in person, to find out more about your problems and decide what approach to therapy might be most helpful.
Why choose a Psychologist?
A Psychologist typically holds a doctorate degree which usually involves 6-10 years of university study with the addition of several years of practice-based learning. They are trained to use scientific and evidence-based methods to assess and establish individual problems in thinking, feeling and behaviour. A Psychologist is very uniquely trained to use psychological tests to guide their assessment of each client's need, and in some instances they can support an appropriate diagnosis, if this is thought to be the most helpful route for the individual. They are also able to help people to overcome or manage their problems using a variety of evidence-based treatments or psychotherapies; they have access to a wide range of resources to ensure that the support is individually designed to fit each client's needs. This can often mean that they are able to start helping people make positive changes very quickly. Further information about the differences between psychologists and other mental health professions can be found at: www.serendipitypsychology.co.uk
Membership bodies and registrations
Our Psychologists maintain their registration with the Health Professions Council (HCPC) and are Chartered members of the British Psychological Society (BPS), deemed the ‘gold standard’ for psychologists in the UK.
What we provide
We are committed to providing effective, evidence-based therapy for a wide range of psychological, emotional and relationship problems. We offer a number of therapies that we have received a high level of specialist training in, including:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Compassion-focused therapy (CFT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Personal Construct Psychology (PCP)
Training and consultancy
We offer a number of training courses in several areas of mental health for other professionals, companies and organisations. These training courses can be specially designed in line with individual need. Examples of past courses have included: Understanding Autistic Spectrum Disorder; Attachment; Personality Disorder and complex trauma, Self Harm and Eating Disorders; Understanding Psychosis and complex mental health disorders, An Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills.
Coaching, mentoring and advocacy
We offer mentoring, executive coaching and supervision to individuals and professionals looking to enter into psychology and counselling, or those embarking on a life change such as a career change, having children, divorce or redundancy. We offer an advocacy service for those making Personal Independence Payment and other similar applications where they might struggle to do this independently.
Expert witness and medico-legal services
Our Psychologists have received full training through the British Psychological Society to be credible and specialist experts in their respective fields. As such they appear on the BPS Directory of Expert Witnesses. We have a wealth of training and experience in psychometric, cognitive, diagnostic and clinical assessment and report writing for family court and medico-legal cases.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our Clinical Psychologists are qualified to doctorate level with additional graduate level qualifications in psychology. We are also chartered with the British Psychological Society (BPS), considered the 'gold standard' for psychological practitioners in the UK.
We have attended further extensive, professional training in specific therapeutic models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Personal Construct Psychology (PCP) and trauma approaches.
In addition to this training, we have specific training and work-based experience in working with particular issues including post traumatic stress (PTSD), personality difficulties, anxiety and depression, phobias, gender-related issues, relationship difficulties and autism spectrum conditions. We hold advanced professional qualifications in psychotherapy and counselling.
Our training in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, confidentiality, ethical practice, information governance and data protection is updated biannually.
We have held many different professional and specialist roles within psychology, counselling and psychotherapy. For details about our psychologists, please see our website for further information relating to individual Psychologist profiles and for regularly updated information about mental health:
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
While we have experience and training in each of the above indicated areas, our particular areas of specialism include:
- Borderline and other personality difficulties and disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and trauma
- Autistic Spectrum conditions such as Autism and Aspergers, including diagnosis
- Anxiety conditions, including OCD, health anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Depression, low mood and Bipolar Disorder
- Stress and burnout
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Relationship problems and relationship breakdown (couples therapy)
- Self harm, eating disorders and other life threatening behaviour
- Anger management
- Gender identity and transition issues
We welcome further discussion regarding any difficulties you may have and invite you to contact us with any queries. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Our fees are competitive with other psychologists and concessions are available upon enquiry.
Daytime, evening, and weekend appointments are available.
Sessions would usually be held at one of our comfortable consulting rooms or clinics around Northamptonshire, Leicester and Milton Keynes. It is also sometimes possible for arrangements to be made for us to travel to those who would feel more at ease at home. It is important that your sessions are held in a quiet and private venue so that you can speak freely and feel reassured that any information shared is not overheard. We also offer consultation through online platforms including Zoom, Skype and FaceTime as required.
* Our associates are registered with all major insurers including AXA PPP, Bupa, Aviva and WPA.
Sessions are usually an 50 minutes long and are planned with you to ensure they suit your needs. These are flexible and booked on an individual basis or in advance as a course of sessions.
The length of therapy:
This can be adapted to meet short and longer-term goals, depending on your individual needs and preferences. This can be as short as a few targeted sessions or longer term.
Confidentiality is uppermost and central to our working practice; everything you share with us will remain confidential according to the British Psychological Society's (BPS) and the National Counselling Society's (NCS) codes of conduct. This means that unless there are serious concerns about your safety or the safety of others, your information will only be shared in confidential, clinical supervision in which you remain anonymous.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available daytimes, evenings & weekends face-to-face and online
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Our psychologists have received training in professional supervision from a number of excellent healthcare and academic institutions such as Oxford and Leicester University.