Sam Wareing Registered MBACP
Are you looking for a Counsellor in March or the surrounding area?
Do you perhaps feel stuck, isolated or misunderstood?
March Counselling provides a Professional Counselling service based in March, Cambridgeshire offering a safe, supportive space to be yourself, to explore your feelings without judgement or criticism.
A therapeutic relationship offers a safe space to help you to explore and work through parts of your life that may be causing confusion/emotional distress.
I believe that people are unique individuals and as such my model of therapy is not just centred on one model of Counselling but uses an integrative approach which builds on the theories of person centred, psychodynamic and existential counselling. I also use a variety of creative interventions where appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care and eligible for Accreditation.
My qualifications and training include:
- Family Life in the therapeutic Space training (PTUK)
- Trauma Focused CBT for Children and Young People training
- Children and Young People Diploma training
- Mindfulness Teaching Skills Development Course
- Level 1 Dual Diagnosis training
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children
- MBSR-T Course (Mindfulness stress reduction for Adolescents)
- Certificate in Third Wave CBT incl. Mindfulness, ACT, CFT and DBT (BPS Approved)
- Certificate in Supervision
- Prof. Training in Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness (British Mindfulness Institute)
- 8 week Mindful Meditation Course (based on MBSR)
- Mental Health First Aid
- CHOICES training - Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- PODS training - Relational Trauma, Attachment, Somatisation and Dissociation, Recovery.
- ESTD UK Post Foundation Course - Working with Dissociation
- ESTD UK Foundation Course- Working with Dissociation
- Eating Disorder Foundation course
- Certificate in Dementia Care
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- CRUSE Children and Young People
- CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Advanced Certificate in Education and Professional Development (University of East Anglia)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (St Katherine's College, Leeds)
- BA (Hons) English & Sociology (University of Liverpool)
- Enhanced DBS
In addition to my Counselling training I complete substantial Continuing Professional Development each year.
This past year it has included ongoing training working with Children and Young People, TAPP Time Limited Psychodynamic psychotherapy with Adolescents, Family Life Work with Dr Lynn Souter Anderson and Mindfulness Training with the UK Network of Mindfulness Based Teachers.
Other training has included Working with Bereavement and loss, Emmy Van Deurzen's Existential therapy, Penny Parks Inner Child Therapy, Bowlby and Attachment theory, as well as Supervision courses with Robin Shohet and Working with Couples.
I have received training with NScience, London; Trauma Healing; An Interpersonal Neurobiological approach to Transforming Developmental Trauma by Dr Daniel Siegel, An Integrative Approach to treatment of clients with complex PTSD, A Masterclass with Dr Stephen Porges on the Transformative Power of Feeling Safe and his Polyvagal Theory, Dissociative disorders training with Dr Suzette Boon and Kathy Steele.
As a Choices Counsellor, I frequently train in the area of Adult Survivors of Childhood sexual abuse. I also work as an Associate Counsellor for Embrace (Child Victims of Crime).
I also have training in brief psychological interventions using CBT, Solution Focused and Motivational Interviewing and Health Coaching for Behaviour Change.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Individual Assessment/ Introductory sessions £32 (1hour)
Couples Assessment £40 (1hour)
Current fee for each 60 minutes session:
Concessions are available for unemployed/low waged, children/adolescents and student/counselling trainees.
Please telephone me on 07799316777 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer any questions.
I abide by the ethical framework of BACP, hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance and have an enhanced DBS certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon and Wed, 10am- 8pm, Thurs 10am-11.30am and 3pm-8pm, Saturday 10-2pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Sam Wareing Reg.MBACP.View supervision profile