Sam Wareing Registered MBACP
Are you looking for a Counsellor in March or the surrounding area?
Do you perhaps feel stuck, isolated or misunderstood?
March Counselling provides a Professional Counselling service based in March, Cambridgeshire offering a safe, supportive space to be yourself, to explore your feelings without judgement or criticism.
A therapeutic relationship offers a safe space to help you to explore and work through parts of your life that may be causing confusion/emotional distress.
I believe that people are unique individuals and as such my model of therapy is not just centred on one model of Counselling but uses an integrative approach which builds on the theories of person centred, psychodynamic and existential counselling. I also use a variety of creative interventions where appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care and eligible for Accreditation.
My qualifications and training include:
• BACP Certificate of Proficiency
• Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
• Level 3 Counselling Skills and Theory
• Certificate in Third Wave CBT incl. Mindfulness, ACT, CFT and DBT (BPS Approved)
• Certificate 101 Transactional Analysis
• Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
• Mental Health First Aid
• Certificate in Dementia Care
• Level 1 Dual Diagnosis training
• Working with Couples training
CHILDREN/YOUNG PEOPLE COUNSELLING:
- Children and Young People Diploma training
- Therapeutic work with Teenagers D Taransaud (Centre for Child Mental Health)
- Family Life in the therapeutic Space training (PTUK) Dr L Souter Anderson
- Trauma Focused CBT for Children and Young People
- TAPP Time Limited Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with Adolescents
- CRUSE Bereavement Children and Young People Course
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children
• Certificate in Supervision
• Supervision Training with Robin Shohet
REASEARCH BASED THERAPIES:
- Brief Psychological Intervention Training using CBT, Solution Focused and Motivational Interviewing Approaches (NHS Training)
- Health Coaching for Behaviour Change (NHS Training)
- Solution Focused Workshop ( BPS Approved)
- Motivational Interviewing Workshop ( BPS Approved)
SPECIAL INTEREST TRAINING INCLUDES:
TRAUMA, RELATIONSHIPS, ATTACHMENT-
- Trauma: Psychopathology and Treatment 2 Day Workshop (BPS Approved)
- CHOICES training - Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- PODS training- Dealing with Distress; Suicide and Self harm
- PODS training - Relational Trauma, Attachment, Somatisation and Dissociation, Recovery.
- ESTD UK Post Foundation Course - Working with Dissociation
- ESTD UK Foundation Course- Working with Dissociation
- Eating Disorder Foundation course
- NScience Trauma Healing; An Interpersonal Neurobiological Approach to Transforming Developmental Trauma by Dr Daniel Siegel
- NScience An Integrative Approach to treatment of clients with complex PTSD
- NScience Healing the fragmented selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self Alienation by Dr Janina Fisher
- NScience Dissociative Disorders training with Dr Suzette Boon and Kathy Steele
- NScience Masterclass by Dr Stephen Porges on the Transformative Power of Feeling Safe and the Polyvagal Theory (N Science)
- Penny Parks Masterclass on Inner Child Therapy
- Attachment through the Lifespan
- Family Life in the Therapeutic Space training - Dr Lynn Souter Anderson
- Bowlby and Attachment theory Workshop with Bowlby
BEREAVEMENT AND LOSS-
- New Approaches to Traumatic Grief and Loss (BPS Approved)
- CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care
- CRUSE Bereavement Children and Young People Course
- Existential Therapy with Emmy Van Deurzen Workshop
ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION-
•BPI NHS Training
•Certificate in Third Wave CBT (BPS Approved)
•Working with Anger Problems (BPS Approved)
• 12 month Mindfulness Teaching Course (UK Network for Mindfulness Based teacher trainers MBCT and MBSR 2017-2018)
• MBSR-T Course (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Teenagers)
• Prof. Training In Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness (British Mindfulness Institute)
• 8 week Mindfulness Course (MBSR based)
- Advanced Certificate in Education and Professional Development (University of East Anglia)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (St Katherine's College, Leeds)
- BA (Hons) English & Sociology (University of Liverpool)
- Enhanced DBS
In addition to my Counselling training I complete substantial Continuing Professional Development each year.
This past year it has included ongoing training working with Trauma and Abuse , Attachment, Children and Adolescents as well as Mindfulness Training with the UK Network of Mindfulness Based Teachers.
As a Choices Counsellor, I frequently attend training about Childhood Sexual Abuse.
I also work as an Associate Counsellor for Embrace (Child Victims of Crime).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Individual Assessment/ Introductory sessions £32 (1hour)
Couples Assessment £40 (1hour)
Current fee for each 60 minutes session:
Organisations Please enquire
Concessions are available for unemployed/low waged, children/adolescents and student/counselling trainees.
Please telephone me on 07799316777 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer any questions.
I abide by the ethical framework of BACP, hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance and have an enhanced DBS certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon and Wed, 10am- 8.00pm, Thurs 3.30pm - 8.00pm. Some Fridays and Saturdays by appointment only
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Sam Wareing Reg.MBACP.View supervision profile