Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
During the Coronavirus Pandemic I am able to offer online consultations using video software, I am also happy to offer telephone counselling where preferred.
I am an experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor who integrates a number of counselling approaches and techniques to offer a highly personalised and effective approach tailored to each client. My therapeutic goal is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Psychotherapy offers the opportunity to explore the origins and roots of the difficulties you are experiencing in life today. We will work together to understand and untangle your feelings and behaviours, discovering a better understanding of the lifestyle choices you are making. This process will help you review your way of living, and the choices you are making. You will then have the opportunity to lead a more true and authentic life.
Do I Need to Know Which Approach I Want?
No, as I use an eclectic approach in my practice, this means I can adapt my skills to the needs of individual clients rather than the client having to adapt and fit into my approach. How we work together will develop organically during our sessions.
I work with both brief solution focused therapeutic approaches and open ended long term basis. .I believe it is possible to change. It is possible to cultivate a wholesome mind that will produce thoughts that contribute to your well being and how you perceive the world. We can shape and re shape our mental functions in ways that will remove the frantic, driven, habitual,distracted semiconscious negative thought processes that hinder our perceptions and can cloud our judgement on reality. As humans we are brilliant at holding ourselves back, stuck in our ways of thinking, but we are all blessed with the ability to change.
The fact that you acknowledge you need support and are seeking it here is the first step to healing. To be human is to suffer,fact. But how we deal with the pain is key to understanding who we are and how we can begin to feel differently. Counselling is a process that can be profoundly transformative, helping to build a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist that works integratively, meaning I use various approaches to Counselling.
The therapeutic space ensures that what you say will be treated non-judgementally, with thoughtful respect and sensitivity.
In counselling I offer you the opportunity to make sense of your experiences, to reflect on your current life, and to consider your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and responses to situations and events that are making you the person you are today.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Higher Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling-which encompasses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic and Person Centred Therapy.
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB Level 4
Certificate in counselling Studies CPCAB Level 3
Certificate in counselling SkillsCPCAB Level 2
Introduction to Counselling SkillsCPCAB Level 2
- A Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming - NLP allows people to become aware of unconscious thoughts and behaviours that may limit them. These thoughts and behaviours can then be changed to new ones or the emphasis can be changed to open up new opportunities or help achieve particular goals. NLP can be applied to nearly any area in a person's life, whether in business, relationships, health issues, phobias, education, personal achievements or enhanced creativity.
- Sound experience with working with individuals as an advocacy support worker for Victim Support-my primary duty was to provide moral, emotional and practical support to people, who have been affected by crime, bereavement, harassment, physical and emotional abuse.
- I have many years of experience in facilitating multitude of clients with an extensive range of issues such as anxieties, fears, depression, self-esteem, developmental, illness, post-traumatic stress, bereavement, separation/divorce, violence, child/parent tension, arguments/disagreements, bullying, fighting, relationship problems with friends/peers, school work, motivation, discipline, exams, teachers, behavioural problems, truancy, eating disorders, sleeping, phobias, obsessions, aggression, psychomatic, running away, stealing, self-harm, drug and alcohol abuse, crime, violence, abuse-sexual/verbal and physical, drug misuse, work choices, career, work experience, financial, accommodation, depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Diploma in Animal Psychology
- Emotional Freedom Technique 'EFT' (certified practitioner) - Often referred to as "tapping" or psychological acupressure, EFT is a revolutionary treatment method that offers healing from physical and emotional pain and disease. The EFT process also draws important influence, especially for deep emotional and psychological issues, from the many people who have contributed over the ages to the understanding of human psychology. The areas we need to address during this adventure we call ‘Life.’ are not limited to the Mind, body and spirit but also the subconscious, the bodies energy systems and our emotions both at mental and stored at a energetic level – EFT address all of these areas. It is still often overlooked, but emotional health is absolutely essential to your physical health and healing. No matter how devoted you are to a proper diet and lifestyle, you will not achieve your body’s ideal healing and preventative powers if emotional barriers stand in your way.
- Matrix Reimprinting (certified practitioner) - a revolutionary technique developed by Karl Dawson -
is a brand new Meridian Tapping Therapy that everybody is talking about. It is effective for the treatment of emotional or physical issues, it can also be used to manifest your goals and dreams. It evolved from the popular self-help technique EFT (also available as a therapy).
Like it’s predecessors, Matrix Reimprinting also uses the Traditional Chinese Medicine meridian system that has been used in acupuncture for thousands of years. EFT has a long and impressive history of resolving physical and emotional health issues. The way it works is that you bring to mind and verbalise, in a specific manner, an issue that you want to work with.
At the same time you tap on points on your meridians with your fingers, and this releases stress and trauma from the body’s energy system, allowing the body-mind to return to a healthy physical and emotional state. Results for EFT have always been phenomenal, and have far and reaching positive consequences for our Western medical model of healing.
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner
- Trauma Release Exercise
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£50 per session for individuals
£80 per session for couples
When I work
Monday-Friday Weekend availability limited
I offer counselling and psychotherapy in a relaxed and safe setting of trust and confidentiality where you are free to talk openly and honestly about the things that are troubling you.
Free parking available