Nimi Shallon MBACP,Dip Integ Therapeutic Counselling, Psychotherapist/Counsellor
I am a 35 year old Psychotherapist and Counsellor who integrates a number of counselling approaches and techniques to offer a highly personalised and effective approach tailored to each client. My therapeutic goal is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Psychotherapy offers the opportunity to explore the origins and roots of the difficulties you are experiencing in life today. We will work together to understand and untangle your feelings and behaviours, discovering a better understanding of the lifestyle choices you are making. This process will help you review your way of living, and the choices you are making. You will then have the opportunity to lead a more true and authentic life.
Do I Need to Know Which Approach I Want?
No, as I use an eclectic approach in my practice, this means I can adapt my skills to the needs of individual clients rather than the client having to adapt and fit into my approach. How we work together will develop organically during our sessions.
I work with both brief solution focused therapeutic approaches and open ended long term basis. .I believe it is possible to change. It is possible to cultivate a wholesome mind that will produce thoughts that contribute to your well being and how you perceive the world. We can shape and re shape our mental functions in ways that will remove the frantic, driven, habitual,distracted semiconscious negative thought processes that hinder our perceptions and can cloud our judgement on reality. As humans we are brilliant at holding ourselves back, stuck in our ways of thinking, but we are all blessed with the ability to change.
The fact that you acknowledge you need support and are seeking it here is the first step to healing. To be human is to suffer,fact. But how we deal with the pain is key to understanding who we are and how we can begin to feel differently. Counselling is a process that can be profoundly transformative, helping to build a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist that works integratively, meaning I use various approaches to Counselling.
The therapeutic space ensures that what you say will be treated non-judgementally, with thoughtful respect and sensitivity.
In counselling I offer you the opportunity to make sense of your experiences, to reflect on your current life, and to consider your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and responses to situations and events that are making you the person you are today.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Higher Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling-which encompasses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic and Person Centred Therapy.
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB Level 4
Certificate in counselling Studies CPCAB Level 3
Certificate in counselling SkillsCPCAB Level 2
Introduction to Counselling SkillsCPCAB Level 2
- A Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming-NLP allows people to become aware of unconscious thoughts and behaviours that may limit them. These thoughts and behaviours can then be changed to new ones or the emphasis can be changed to open up new opportunities or help achieve particular goals.
NLP can be applied to nearly any area in a person's life, whether in business, relationships, health issues, phobias, education, personal achievements or enhanced creativity.
- Sound experience with working with individuals as an advocacy support worker for Victim Support-my primary duty was to provide moral, emotional and practical support to people, who have been affected by crime, bereavement, harassment, physical and emotional abuse.
- I have many years of experience in facilitating multitude of clients with an extensive range of issues such as anxieties, fears, depression, self-esteem, developmental, illness, post-traumatic stress, bereavement, separation/divorce, violence, child/parent tension, arguments/disagreements, bullying, fighting, relationship problems with friends/peers, school work, motivation, discipline, exams, teachers, behavioural problems, truancy, eating disorders, sleeping, phobias, obsessions, aggression, psychomatic, running away, stealing, self-harm, drug and alcohol abuse, crime, violence, abuse-sexual/verbal and physical, drug misuse, work choices, career, work experience, financial, accommodation, depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Diploma in Animal Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
£50 per session for individuals
£95 per session for couples
I do firmly believe that therapy should be available to all, so will consider concessions for those on a low income
I offer counselling and psychotherapy in a relaxed and safe setting of trust and confidentiality where you are free to talk openly and honestly about the things that are troubling you.
Free parking available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday Weekend availability limited
Types of client