I am a qualified accredited integrative therapist and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am also a qualified child’s play therapist. I have 25 years’ experience working with vulnerable people: adults, couples, children and families. I am based in Worthing West End, close to public transport links. Parking is available directly outside the property for a small charge or free a short walk away. I currently have availability for face to face, telephone or Skype sessions.
You may be overwhelmed by emotion or feel stressed, anxious or numb.
- Do you want to improve your life?
- Do you want to feel happier, healthier and more assertive?
- Do you want to stop a repeating negative pattern or behaviour and have more inner confidence?
- Do you want to attract and develop healthy relationships?
- Are you struggling to deal with loss or a significant life change?
- Do you feel like something always holds you back or gets in the way of who you want to be or what you deserve?
- Are others unable to see you, the way you see yourself, and is it difficult to feel heard?
Whatever issues you are dealing with, counselling is one way that you can explore deeper thoughts and feelings. Loss and disappointments in the present can trigger unresolved loss or trauma in the past, and the result can be low self-worth.
The therapeutic relationship provides the perfect space for you to feel heard without judgement, with acceptance, where you can begin to develop greater self-worth. Releasing feelings in this way can invite positive changes to your life.
We have the power to change how we feel about ourselves and this changes how people feel about us. My role is to therapeutically hold you as you create a positive change in your life. I believe that you already have the capacity to make this change.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and insured Integrative Therapist and an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
RELATED FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS
Level 5 THERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING DIPLOMA
Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children, Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB)
Counselling level 2 & 3 (RACC)
Health and Social Care Advanced (GNVQ)
Mindfulness Course, The Mindfulness Project
Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
In addition to my private practice I have worked and trained in the following areas:
- Bereavement/loss including: end of life, serious illness, suicide, loss of parents / loss of child
- Mental Health including: serious mental health problems, stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm, body dysmorphia, eating disorders, disassociation, suicide ideation/attempts, phobias and panic attacks
- Developmental disorders including: Autism, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
- Abuse including: Domestic violence, rape, gas-lighting, sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Schools including: Family therapy, child talking and play therapy and integrative therapy for teachers and support staff
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
£55 for individuals - 50 minutes - daytime
£60 for individuals - 50 minutes - evening/weekend
£80 for couples - 1 hour
There is no charge for cancellations providing 24 hours notice is given.
I am available Monday to Friday.
If you have any questions please contact me on 07547628422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short and long term therapy are available.