I am a qualified, Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, working within the Sudbury and Glemsford area. I primarily offer face-to-face counselling however, I also offer telephone and Skype sessions for those times when meeting in person becomes difficult.
My approach to counselling is based on the belief that healthy emotional well-being is created within safe, nurturing and caring relationships. Often, difficulties within relationships arise from past traumas, ones that have been insufficiently dealt with. These traumas can often present in the form of destructive and unhelpful coping strategies such as addictions, eating disorders, habitual behaviours and intrusive thoughts processes. This can appear very frightening at times which leads to feelings of anxiety and an overwhelming sense of stress, pressure and sadness. With this in mind, I also explore reactions and responses and offer a deeper look into the self by exploring attachment styles and how people bond with one and other.
As an Integrative therapist I take a holistic approach which means I address the whole person; the bigger picture. I also concentrate on finding meaning and acceptance in one’s life to enable a more secure pathway to a brighter future. With this in mind, I incorporate different therapeutic theories within my practice in order to provide a service that is tailored to the individuals needs. The skills I have developed include talk therapy, solution focussed therapy, behavioural therapy and the use of the arts within therapy. Feelings of stress, anxiety and low-self-esteem are very common in todays society and as an integrative counsellor, I offer a safe space in which personal issues can be explored, understood and accepted.
My aim is not only to help you explore your past but also explore your present. This, in time, may help you to then find acceptance and peace with your past and enable you to have a better understanding of your future. A future where you will experience more rewarding and satisfying relationships with others as well as yourself. Through our therapeutic relationship, you can have a future with more flexibility and freedom to make positive choices, enabling you to reach your full potential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) degree, Integrative Counselling
- Foundation degree, Integrative Counselling
- Diploma Level 3 in Integrative Counselling
Continued Professional Development:
- Mindfulness Workshop: Dr Gareth Burr, 2015
- Training Matters: Freedom Programme facilitators course: 2016
- Working with Eating Disorders: CPPD Counselling School, 2016
- Body Esteem Workshop: Julia Buckroyd, 2016
- Unravelling the Transference: Carol Leader ,2017
- Transitions: Working with Eating Disorders: Beat & NHS, 2017
- Safeguarding – Level 2: Bev Clark, Schools Choice, 2017
- WPF Therapy Workshop: Neurosomatic Therapy: Stephanie Echarri, 2018
- Resilience in the Face of Trauma: Mooli Lahad, 2019
- Survivors of sexual abuse: Into The Light, 2019
- Youth Mental Heath First Aid, 2019
- Mindfulness & Meditation for children: YoungMindz, 2019
I am a MBACP registered counsellor who works with young people and adults in and around the Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds area. I offer a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space for individuals to explore, understand and work through their personal issues.
I have experience in working with victims and families of domestic abuse with the Women’s Aid organisation. I also work effectively with the local community, providing counselling on issues such as addiction, bereavement and loss, bullying, depression, illness, mental health, trauma, life transitions, emotional, physical and sexual abuse and various relational issues including anxiety.
I also hold full professional liability insurance.
Getting in touch:
If you feel relaxed and at ease with my profile and wish to contact me to see what I can offer you, please do as I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Only then, if you feel you would like to meet with me, we can arrange an initial session where you can get a better sense of me and what I offer. There is no commitment to continue with sessions should you feel we are not suited.
All contact will be dealt with in confidence.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
Sessions are 50 minutes and £45 per session, payable in cash or same day bank transfer.
I do offer concessions for student counsellors at £35.00 per Session.
Sessions take place in my comfortable and private consulting room in Glemsford and also in Sudbury. Telephone and Skype sessions will also be held at these venues.
Sessions will be held on the same day, at the same time each week, lasting for 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available:
Wednesdays, between 4.30pm and 7.15pm
Thursdays, between 10.00am and 7.15pm
Fridays, between 4.30pm and 7.15pm
Saturdays, between 10.30am and 12.00pm
Types of client