Gina Jones B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A. Psychotherapist & Supervisor (UKCP)
Welcome. I'm Gina Jones. I'm a registered UKCP Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapist and a mindfulness-based Supervisor. I work relationally with clients and supervisees and draw from both Western and Eastern psychotherapeutic theories and practices. I offer weekly therapy sessions 60 minute hour.
My Training and Experience
I have been working in private practice since 2005 and I have also over 13 years experience of working in the CAMHS/NHS.
My initial training was in Health Psychology and I have always been interested in the connection between the mind and body processes and working with the totality of what it is to be a human being.
My main clinical training was at the Karuna Institute where I completed an MA in Core Process Psychotherapy (CPP). CPP is a mindfulness-based approach to therapy and emphasizes a deep, ongoing awareness of one's body and mind for self-exploration and healing.
What to expect at your first meeting
I offer an initial introductory appointment, in order to gather all the relevant information we both feel we need to know. This process allows us to explore working together and me to hear more about what you are hoping for in attending therapy. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about therapy and for us to identify the best way forward together for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- July 2018 completed UKCP recognised training in mindfulness-based Supervision with OPAL.
- August 2010 UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist
- June 2009 Post-Graduate M.A. Degree
Core Process Psychotherapy
Middlesex University London in collaboration with Karuna Institute (UK)
- November 1994 Post-Graduate M.Sc., Degree
University of Surrey (UK)
- July 1991 Graduate B.Sc., Degree University of Leicester
- I abide by the Code of Ethics of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the Code of Ethics of the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College (HIPC). I am a member of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP) and abide by their professional standards.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Individual psychotherapy £60 1 hour.
Mindfulness-based supervision - £60 per hour for individual supervision.
Supervision group rates negotiable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor access to a therapy room is available. Telephone contact is possible if felt appropriate.
Wednesdays-Friday 9.30am-3.00 pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP Recognised Supervisor and Recognised Training Supervisor.View supervision profile