Gina Jones B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A. Psychotherapist & Supervisor (UKCP)
Welcome. I'm Gina Jones. I'm a registered UKCP Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapist and a Mindfulness-Based Supervisor. I work relationally with clients and supervisees and draw from both Western and Eastern psychotherapeutic theories and practices. I offer weekly 60 minute hour therapy sessions.
My Training and Experience
I have had an established private practice in Northampton since 2005 and I have over 13 years experience of working clinically in the CAMHS/NHS. I am a senior and experienced Therapist with over 20 years of clinical experience.
My initial training was in Health Psychology as I have a long-standing interest in the connection between the mind and body and an understanding of the importance of working with the whole human experience in an holistic way. This includes being responsive and receptive to include the totality of what it is to be human.
Being an Integrative Psychotherapist for me means being able to draw from a rich, range of theories and practices in order to meet what is brought into the therapy room. Integration of experience is at the heart of the work to support healing health and well-being. The way I work draws from body-based/oriented psychotherapy traditions, the relational school of psychotherapy and psychodynamic practice and theory.
My main clinical training was at the Karuna Institute where I completed an MA in Core Process Psychotherapy (CPP). CPP is a mindfulness-based approach to therapy and emphasizes a deep, ongoing awareness of one's body and mind for self-exploration and healing.
What to expect at your first meeting
I offer an initial introductory appointment, in order to gather all the relevant information we both feel we need to know. This process allows us to explore working together and for me to hear more about what you are hoping for in attending therapy. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about therapy and for us to identify the best way forward together for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- July 2018 completed UKCP recognised training in mindfulness-based Supervision (MBST) with OPAL.
- August 2010 UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist
- June 2009 Post-Graduate M.A. Degree
Core Process Psychotherapy
Middlesex University London in collaboration with Karuna Institute (UK)
- November 1994 Post-Graduate M.Sc., Degree
University of Surrey (UK)
- July 1991 Graduate B.Sc., Degree University of Leicester
- I abide by the Code of Ethics of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the Code of Ethics of the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College (HIPC). I am a member of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP) and abide by their professional standards.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Individual psychotherapy £60 for 60 minute hour.
Student concession £55 for 60 minute hour.
Mindfulness-based supervision - £60 per hour for individual supervision.
Supervision group rates negotiable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
Ground floor access to a therapy room is available. Telephone contact is possible if felt appropriate.
- Wednesdays-Friday 9.30am-3.00 pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP Recognised Supervisor and Recognised Training Supervisor.