Diane Earl, MBACP (reg), Dip in Counselling, CQSW,
156 Nantwich Road
01270650934 / 07837411717
I am curious to learn how you make sense of your experiences and will share what has impacted on me and what I have learnt whilst working in mental health and palliative care. Whether issues from childhood or your current situation is bothering you, I believe that being listened to in a confidential space can enable you to find your own answers. I use rooms in a large, comfortable terraced house in Crewe, South Cheshire. There is a waiting room and toilet/coffee making facilities.
I have a calm temperament and many years of training and experience. For more information about my career history and philosophy please see my website.
I have worked with people for one or a couple of sessions and also for a number of years. (The length of time we work together is something we will frequently review and discuss.)
I have particular expertise in the area of bereavement and loss. I also have interests in midlife transitions, the impact of coping with caring responsibilities, the impact of work on stress and resilience and how as individuals we are subject to wider social forces.
I use CBT, person-centred, psychodynamic and gestalt counselling theory and concepts in my practice. I also work as a Trainer and Consultant and have worked with groups of staff, volunteers, and carers. In all that I offer, I hope to begin discussion, challenge and support whilst deepening awareness.
Next steps if you would like to make contact with me
Please do call or email me if you want to arrange to see me for a free session.
When we meet I will ask you what has made you think about counselling and explain how I think I can help.
If you want to go ahead, we will then agree on how often we will meet (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) and I will ask you to sign a contract or agreement which I will explain verbally. I will frequently ask you if coming to counselling is helping and making a difference as this is what I hope will happen during our sessions together.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- My core professional training is as a Social Worker. I qualified with a CQSW in 1992. I am currently registered as an Independent Social Worker with the HCPC.
- I have a Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Leeds University (2000)
- I have completed a course in Group Psychotherapy (in 2001)
- Whilst working in Palliative Care, I have been on many training courses related to this field.
- I have training in Gestalt counselling and therapy.
- I have clinical supervision training.
I have worked in a Mental Health Day Service, Therapeutic Community, Community Mental Health Team, Hospice, Agricultural college and local Bereavement Charity. I have counselled people when they have been in crisis and when facing difficult life situations. As an integrative counsellor, I use theory to help me respond to every person I meet individually.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a specialist in bereavement and loss.
I offer reflective practice sessions, coaching and supervision for other therapists
I am an organisational consultant, using gestalt concepts to inform my practice.
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
My fees are £40 for 50 minute sessions.
I offer a free initial session as this is the opportunity for us to decide whether we can work together and I am the right counsellor for you.
I welcome all clients, from many different backgrounds.
I have some space for clients with lower income or financial constraints.
I have a cancellation policy. Please refer to my website for more information about this and also my counselling contract.
I am interested in our relationship with animals and how this can be therapeutic.
I am also interested in what makes an organisation or team function well so that it is supportive for all members. Strengthening communities and social connection is an area I am currently working with others to develop.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday evenings from 5pm. Wednesday afternoon/early evening from 4pm - 6pm. Thursday - am and pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|