Diane Earl, MBACP (reg), Postgrad. Dip in Counselling, CQSW,
My aim is to try and help you make sense of your experiences. Whether issues from childhood or your current situation are bothering you, I believe that being listened to in a confidential space can enable you to find your own answers. I use rooms in a large, comfortable terraced house in Crewe, South Cheshire. There is a waiting room, toilet and coffee making facilities.
I have a calm temperament and many years of training and counselling experience. For more information about my career history and philosophy please see my website.
I have particular expertise in bereavement and loss. I have run workshops on anxiety management, low self-esteem, negative thinking and depression as well as Loss and Bereavement. I have an interest in life transitions: for example; adolescence, mid life and the end of life and how these impact on personal identity. Other specialities include work stress and resilience. I believe that our social situation and context have a direct impact on how resourceful we feel.
I use CBT, person-centred, psychodynamic and gestalt counselling theory and concepts in my practice as an integrative therapist. I also work as a Trainer and Consultant and have worked with groups of staff, volunteers, and carers. I hope that together we can explore a different perspective and you will find a new way forward.
I run training and support workshops in:
Bereavement and Loss
Women's Health - including coping with the Menopause
Resilience and Self-Care
Mental Health Awareness
Healthy Teams and Organisations
Next steps if you would like to make contact with me
Please do call or email me if you want to arrange to see me for a free session.
When we meet I will ask you what has made you think about counselling and explain how I think I can help.
If you want to go ahead, we will then agree on how often we will meet (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) and I will ask you to sign a contract which I will explain verbally. I will frequently ask you if coming to counselling is helping and making a difference as this is what I hope will happen during our sessions together.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- My core professional training is as a Social Worker. I qualified with a CQSW in 1992. I am currently also registered as an Independent Social Worker with the HCPC.
- I have a Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Leeds University (2000)
- I have completed a course in Group Psychotherapy (in 2001)
- Whilst working in Palliative Care, I have been on many training courses related to this field.
- I have training in Gestalt counselling and therapy - both with individuals and groups.
- I have clinical supervision training.
- I use gestalt concepts when working with organisations and have training in Relational Organisational Gestalt (ROG from Relational Change)
- I am a qualified Equine facilitated Psychotherapist.
I have worked in a Mental Health Day Service, Therapeutic Community, Community Mental Health Team, Hospice, Agricultural college and local Bereavement Charity. I have counselled people when they have been in crisis and when facing difficult life situations. As an integrative counsellor, I use theory to help me respond to every person I meet individually.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a specialist in bereavement and loss.
I offer reflective practice sessions, coaching and supervision for other therapists
I offer consultancy to organisations, using gestalt concepts (Relational Organisational Gestalt).
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Equine therapy
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
My fees are £40 for 50 minute sessions of room-based counselling. £60 for individual equine therapy sessions. £140 for a full day of therapy with the herd and for CPD events.
I offer a free initial session as this is the opportunity for us to decide whether we can work together and I am the right counsellor for you.
I welcome all clients, from many different backgrounds.
I have a cancellation policy. Please refer to my website for more information about this and also my counselling contract.
I am interested in what makes an organisation or team function well. Strengthening communities and social connection is an area I am currently working with others to develop.
I am a Practice Educator in Social Work and offer supervision and coaching to other social workers.
I am a guest Lecturer at Staffordshire University.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday from 3pm until 8pm, Tuesdays 10am - 6pm, Wednesday from 4pm untl 6pm, Thursday - 4pm until 8pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to social workers.View supervision profile