Counsellor & Supervisor (MA) MBACP Reg & Accredited
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- Please do note that I offer sessions by Skype and Zoom. I am not currently seeing clients in person.
You may be experiencing generalised anxiety, worry, depression or feeling down about what's happening in your life; perhaps you are going through some problems with relationships or have lost someone close to you. I am a fully qualified BACP accredited and registered counsellor. I believe in the uniqueness of each individual and make a wholehearted commitment to help you renew hope, build a robust and positive sense of who you are and take steps towards a more fulfilling life.
How can I help?
My approach is to work collaboratively with you. You will be met with warmth, compassion and understanding, creating a trusting safe space for you to discuss whatever is troubling you at your own pace, in an environment that is non-judgemental, calm and confidential. Working in partnership we will decide together what you want to work on and I draw upon my experience and training to tailor the therapy to achieve the best outcome for you. As an experienced integrative therapist, I can offer various counselling approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and mindfulness.
In addition to my qualifications to work with adults, I have a post-graduate qualification to work with children and young people. I believe that all children and young people should have someone to talk to who they do not need to please or protect. I offer a safe place to express fears and concerns and support the young person as they develop coping strategies and new insights to effectively deal with their concerns. I have experience of working as a counsellor in two schools in Suffolk.
Free Initial Discussion and Fees
- I know that looking for the right therapist can be daunting. I offer an initial 20 minute phone discussion free of charge. This will help decide how we can work to ensure that you receive the therapy that is best suited to whatever you bring to therapy. At the end of this initial discussion, it is completely your choice if you wish to continue. It is very important that you find the right counsellor for you. I hope that I will be able to work with you, but if I feel that I am not the right person for you, I will refer you to other experienced and trusted colleagues.
- My standard fees per hour are: £40.00 for individuals, £50.00 for couples
- Concessions: I offer reduced fees for trainee counsellors.
- Please contact me by phone or text on 077-070-30113. Alternatively you can contact me via email - email@example.com.
My counselling practice includes working with a range of issues, including bereavement, relationship difficulties, anxiety and depression and interpersonal abuse. I was a volunteer counsellor at Lighthouse Women's Aid for a number of years. Some of the issues addressed in this agency included low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), living with the impact of trauma and all forms of current and historical abuse. I hold a level 3 qualification in working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
I have experience of counselling in a University Counselling Service, dealing with concerns around loneliness, relationship difficulties, managing stress and anxiety and worries about the future. I taught on a range of counselling courses at University Campus Suffolk, teaching counselling to qualified practitioner/degree level.
I currently work as:
- A NHS counsellor in a local hospital
- An Open University Associate Lecturer teaching on a Mental Health and Counselling Module to degree level students
- In private practice
I work as a Supervisor with Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Nurses and Trainees, as well as having experience of working with teaching staff and helping professions. My supervisory work is underpinned by encouragement, support and reflective practice and is in accordance with the BACP ethical framework. Please see my Supervision Profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP accredited membership
- MBACP accredited register
My training, qualifications and experience comprises:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Clinical Supervision
- MA in Counselling
- MA Education
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Winner of Dean's Award for Faculty Outstanding (Counselling) Student (Anglia Ruskin University)
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integral Therapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
- BACP Accredited Certificate in Integral Therapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Child and Adolescent: Accredited Play Therapy UK: Practitioner in Therapeutic Play (Distinction)
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor; CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Care;
- Level 3: Rape Crisis Training
- LINK Barnardo's Adoption Counsellor
- Attachment Focused Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Training (Suffolk County Council)
- Certificates in Training and Development
- Adult and Children's Safeguarding Certificates
- Continuing Professional Development
- Spiritual Companion Training
- Body and Soma: Working with trauma or strong emotions that are held in the bod
- Rewind Trauma Technique
- LGBT training; Gender Issues; Transgender Awareness Training; Gender reassignment
- Addiction; Drug Awareness and Reducing Harm
- Working therapeutically with Eating Disorders
- Working Effectively with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Sand tray and Symbolic Meaning
- Sign and symptoms of drug use in young people
- Counselling for Depression and Anxiety
Mindfulness. For many years, I have been interested in the body-mind connection and how emotional pain and negative thinking can lead to physical symptoms. I have practised mindfulness for five years and have a particular interest in using mindfulness to improve mental and physical health.
I hope that information above tells you something about me regarding some of my training and experience. I am always happy to answer any questions. I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate. I am committed to my own personal ongoing professional development and I attend various training and workshops. I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework and engage in regular supervision.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with:
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Spirituality - spiritual companionship
Physical disability (Therapy for the disabled or their carers)
The impact of living with chronic ill-health, or being diagnosed with a condition or disease that has brought you face to face with your mortality. Facing your fears whilst keeping a sense of yourself. I also offer well-being counselling/coaching looking holistically at your life and relationships.
Free initial telephone session
Please do note that I am not offering face to face appointments at the present time.
I try to make my therapeutic work accessible and affordable to all. I offer a free, without obligation initial 20 minute telephone consultation.
1:1 Therapy Session: £40 per hour
Couple Counselling - £50.00 per hour
I charge £35.00 for trainee counsellors. I also have some reduced cost sessions and operate a sliding scale of fees depending on income level of client. Please do ask.
All sessions are normally subject to a cancellation fee unless 24 hours notice is given.
I undertake regular supervision every month to adhere to BACP requirements and hold professional Indemnity insurance.
I offer supervision to those working with young people and adults.
My fee is £40.00 per hour for qualified counsellors.
Concessions for student or volunteer counsellors may be available. Please do contact me to discuss
When I work
Day time, evenings and Saturdays. Face to face, Skype, Telephone,Whatsapp and Zoom
I practice counselling and psychotherapy in a private, confidential setting in Capel St Mary (IP9). There is ample free car parking available.
I have availability during the daytime and evenings during the week. I also offer some Saturday appointments.