Paul Brown BSc Integrative Counselling (Hons), BSc (Hons.) Psychology, MBACP
I welcome you here with the understanding that you may be in need of someone to travel with you through some difficulties at the moment. You may be feeling sadness or experiencing anxiety, stress, or just feeling overwhelmed by life right now and in need of someone to listen with acceptance and understanding. You may be looking for answers to questions concerning how to overcome some of life's more difficult experiences, setbacks or traumas.
Within a safe and supportive space, I can help you to build your resilience, confidence and sense of calm, putting you back in the driving seat of your own life. By rediscovering your own innate strengths within a relationship of acceptance and compassion you can begin to overcome whatever is holding you back right now.
Sessions are for a full 60 minutes and I offer a sliding scale of concessions for those less able to pay the full amount. You can call for an informal chat on 07882157792 or email me here, to discuss how to move forward. I can also be found on Twitter at Paul James Brown@Pauljamesbrown6 (see Twitter link above).
I specialise in anxiety, depression, relationship issues, low self esteem, shame and trauma, offering an effective collaborative exploration of these while working towards overcoming them with understanding, awareness and sensitivity.
My approach to counselling is integrative and is informed by;
* Compassion Focused
* Somatic therapies
* Jungian therapy
* Promoting mindful awareness and bringing internal resources to the aid of healing and growth.
My approach to counselling is relational so that healing takes place within the therapeutic relationship as well as through effective strategies which address whatever is holding you back in your life.
I was trained in integrative counselling which means that my approach is flexible enough to encompass many different theoretical perspectives, and to tackle whatever is troubling you, whether it is relationship, depression, past traumas, panic or phobias, etc.
When appropriate I may encourage mindfulness or imagination in order to promote your own inner resources during sessions.
I work with attention to mind, body and soul in relation to your own personal reasons for seeking counselling.
I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and maintain and uphold the principles of the BACP Ethical Framework.
- Offering effective ways to deal with stress, depression and anxiety, as well as generalised anxiety disorder and panic attacks.
- Helping to overcome post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) sensitively without the necessity of talking about the traumatic experiences
- Facing up to low self esteem, self criticism and shame with understanding and self compassion
- Exploring past and present relationship issues and betrayal in order to feel more secure and valued
- Building resilience and feeling more able to cope with the setbacks and the ups and downs of life
- Travelling with you on your journey through bereavement and loss
- Coping with feelings concerning despair, self harm and suicidal thoughts
Training, qualifications & experience
- Integrative Counselling training with Matrix College
- BSc (Honours) Integrative Counselling
- BSc (Honours) Psychology
- CPD: ongoing training in trauma, shame and creative work.
- Five years experience
- Registered member of BACP
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Standard fee £45 for a 60 minute session
Cash or bank transfer preferred