Paul Brown BSc Integrative Counselling (Hons), BSc (Hons.) Psychology, MBACP
I welcome you here with the understanding that you may be in need of someone to travel with you through some difficulties at the moment. You may be feeling sadness or experiencing anxiety, stress, or just feeling overwhelmed by life right now and in need of someone to listen with acceptance and understanding. You may be looking for answers to questions concerning how to overcome some of life's more difficult experiences, setbacks or traumas.
Within a safe and supportive space, I can help you to build your resilience, confidence and sense of calm, putting you back in the driving seat of your own life. By rediscovering your own innate strengths within a relationship of acceptance and compassion you can begin to overcome whatever is holding you back right now.
Sessions are for a full 60 minutes and I offer a sliding scale of concessions for those less able to pay the full amount, as well as a first session at £20 with no obligation to continue. This gives you the opportunity to decide whether I am the right counsellor for you.
You can call for an informal chat on 07443921641 or email me at email@example.com , to discuss what I can offer. I can also be found on Twitter at Paul James Brown@Pauljamesbrown6 (see Twitter link above).
I specialise in anxiety, depression, relationship issues, low self esteem, shame and trauma, offering effective collaborative exploration of these while working towards overcoming them with understanding, awareness and sensitivity.
My approach to counselling is integrative and is informed by;
* Compassion Focused Therapy
* Somatic therapies
* Jungian therapy
* Promoting mindful awareness and bringing internal resources to the aid of healing and growth.
My style of counselling is also relational so that healing takes place within the therapeutic relationship as well as through effective strategies which address whatever is holding you back in your life.
I was trained in integrative counselling which means that my approach is flexible enough to encompass many different theoretical perspectives, and to tackle whatever is troubling you, whether it is relationship, depression, past traumas, panic or phobias, etc.
When appropriate I may encourage mindfulness or imagination in order to promote your own inner resources during sessions.
I work holistically with attention to mind, body and soul in relation to your own personal reasons for seeking counselling.
I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and maintain and uphold the principles of the BACP Ethical Framework.
- Offering effective ways to deal with stress, depression and anxiety, as well as generalised anxiety disorder and panic attacks.
- Helping to overcome post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) sensitively without talking about the traumatic experiences
- Facing up to low self esteem, self criticism and shame with understanding and self compassion
- Exploring past and present relationship issues and betrayal in order to feel more secure and valued
- Building resilience and feeling more able to cope with the setbacks and the ups and downs of life
- Travelling with you on your journey through bereavement and loss
- Coping with feelings concerning despair, self harm and suicidal thoughts
Training, qualifications & experience
- Integrative Counselling training with Matrix College
- BSc (Honours) Integrative Counselling
- BSc (Honours) Psychology
- CPD: ongoing training in trauma, shame and creative work.
- Three years experience
- Registered member of BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
Standard fee £40 for a 60 minute session
Opening session for only £20
Cash payment preferred
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday Various times of day
Types of client