I am a qualified and experienced BACP integrative counsellor. I offer a professional service and have over fifteen years post-qualification experience working with individuals on a short and long term basis, including clients experiencing multiple and complex difficulties.
I have worked as a counsellor with individuals of all ages, from children to adults, in diverse settings including school, counselling centre, cancer centre as well as in private practice. I offer sessions for children, adults, family, couple & telephone counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling
- MSc, Clinical Psychology
- BSc, Psychology (Honours)
What I can help with:
Eating disorders, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Personal development, Cancer, Disability, Health related issues, Cultural issues, Self esteem, Women's issues, Child related issues, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Type of therapy:
Clients I work with:
Adults, Children, Couples, Families, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy:
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Sessions last around 50 minutes & cost:
- Initial Assessment: £30
- Family: £50
- Couple: £50
- Children: £40
- Individual: £40
- Telephone Counselling: £40
- Home Visits: £50 + Travel expenses
Free or discounted sessions available for:
- Students and anyone unemployed.
- Anyone facing financial difficulties.
- Anyone experiencing domestic violence.
Documentary evidence may be required. Please contact me for concessionary fees.
- I have an enhanced DBS certificate both for children and adults.
- I speak two Asian languages - Bengali and Hindi. I offer counselling sessions in both languages.
- I currently work as 'Volunteer Manager' at SeeAbility - a charity that provides extraordinary support and champions better eye care for people with learning disabilities and autism, many of whom have sight loss.
- I worked as the 'Centre Manager' at the South East Cancer Help Centre for 7.5 years and as a 'Manager' at Relate Croydon & Wimbledon prior to that.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Bengali|
Flexible hours - daytime, evening & weekends.
Types of client