Michelle Chand-Aubry MBACP
Key 4 Change & Associates
2 Beasleys Yard
63 Chequers Orchard
07376 266 181
Are you ready for change in your life?
Are you finding it difficult to cope with thoughts, feelings or situations?
Are you hopeful that life could be better?
How Can I Support You!
I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor, with over 15 years experience working in supporting individuals go on to lead more fulfilling lives. My current practises are in Uxbridge, Middlesex and Iver, Buckinghamshire.
I have a core belief that we all deserve to be happy, lead meaningful and fulfilling lives and that we have the ability to do so with support, motivation and circumstances favouring this... though at times it may be hard to see this.
I believe that we can all benefit from some professional, external support at some stage in our lives to invest in our own development. We may have friends and/or family who generally fulfil this role but may need something more at times.
Some presenting issues may need short term support and some longer term work. I have over 15 years of experience with the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach which more addresses changing current behaviours, feelings and thoughts to reach desired outcomes. If you find that old or reoccurring behaviours, situations or memories are a problem these can be more deep rooted, influencing your feelings , thoughts and behaviours and how you interact with the world around you now... often unconscious. These may take longer to identify, understand, and work through. I personally find that when we explore the origins of these behaviours, feelings and thoughts - the "why" did I do, think or feel in this way can set a stronger foundation for future conscious choices.
As we are all unique individuals, the approaches used will vary for all. Therefore, counselling experience will depend on your therapeutic journey expectations, the time you want to spend in therapy, and how deep you would like to explore ... all approaches being successful in meeting your initial expectations of engaging in counselling.
I am very culturally and spiritually aware and can draw upon this for a holistic counselling experience.
This may feel challenging at times and I will always maintain an honest working relationship with you and encourage you to do so with yourself. Counselling does evoke a range of different emotions at times through this experience. I will support you through these in a safe, respectful, confidential and non judgemental space. I appreciate the effort and courage this process requires at times in this journey but believe, through my own experiences, that the rewards from understanding yourself and your situations are so worth this.
In all my years working I have always encouraged everyone to experience the therapeutic process as through my own experience, and that of numerous other individuals, I have seen how we can go own to lead more consciously rewarding and happier lives!
Benefits of Counselling
If you can identify that one or some of these mean something to your life then it may be the right time for you to start counselling.
- Someone to talk, support and motivate you in an unbiased, safe, non judgemental and confidential space.
- Stop feeling stuck within yourself
- Develop an empowered sense of yourself. Improve how you manage yourself, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution
- Get to know yourself better- why you do things, the origins of thoughts and behaviours, what triggers you
- Improved relationships
- Improved mental health and well being- be happier!
- Process and make sense of past traumatic experiences
My life experiences, academic development and work experience have lead me into private practice.
I studied a BSc Psychobiology degree at University in 1997. As this ended, I commenced my work in the field of substance misuse in 2002 in a Drugs and Alcohol community treatment centre. I commenced my Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling at CPPD, London a year after. I have worked within the substance misuse field for the past 15 years in various roles. I current practise from Uxbridge, Middlesex (West London).
In my last role I managed a borough-wide substance misuse treatment project which consisted of many teams including a counselling service, 1-2-1 and group work, parenting programme, clinical team, outreach service, women and men's specific work, family and carer's support, and criminal justice team (each with numerous specialist roles within).
I am encouraged by my professional and actively keep developing my knowledge through a range of continued professional development platforms I access regularly.
All my experience has been predominantly working with adults (18 years +)
Areas of counselling that I can support:
- Abuse (financial, sexual, neglect, physical, mental, emotional)
- Adult safeguarding
- Alcohol misuse
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Carer support
- Child safeguarding
- Criminal justice related issues
- Cultural issues
- Domestic Violence
- Dual diagnosis (mental health & using drugs/ alcohol combined)
- Feeling sad
- Family issues & support
- Housing issues
- Low self- esteem and confidence
- Mental health
- Parenting support
- Perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse
- Pregnancy & birth
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Relationship issues- general, affairs, betrayals, divorce, separation
- Self harm
- Suicidal feelings, thoughts and ideation
- Sleeping problem
- Self harm
- Spiritual issues
- Work- related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2003- 2006 Advanced Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD
- 1997 -2002 Studied BSc Psychobiology , North London University
- 2018 Anger & Creativity : The dynamics of aggression in intimate family relationships
- 2017 Data Protection & Information Security Awareness
- Values, Behaviour & Cultures Workshop
- Naloxone training
Medication in Recovery
- Leadership and management training (part2)
- Hoarding training
- 2016 Leadership & Management training (part 1)
- Training for Disciplinary Chairs
- 2014 Care Quality Commission (CQC) training
- 2013 Foundations for Recovery Programme training
- 2012 ITEP mapping training
- Strengths- based Assessment & Recovery Tools
- 2011 Management Learning Development Programme- Strategic & Open-minded Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence, Leadership & Influencing
- Diversity, Courage & Personal Impact
- Disciplinary & Grievance training
- 2010 Managing Safeguarding within Projects
- 2009 Management Development Programme
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Understanding the abuser
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Intimacy and sexuality
- 2005 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Rage and anger
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Training and workshops available:
I can provide bespoke training or workshops for the areas listed above. Please contact me to discuss details and check website for more details.
Monday - Friday £60 per session
Saturday £65 per session
Some concessionary spaces available depending on situation so please do discuss this with me.
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Criminal Justice- related issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dual Diagnosis work
Online and telephone counselling service available on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu|
Monday - Friday 10am- 2pm Saturday 10am-5pm Please contact me if you would like to meet outside of these hours as there is some flexibility.
Types of client