Michelle Chand-Aubry PGDip MBACP
Are you finding it difficult to cope with thoughts, feelings or situations?
Do you feel anxious, depressed, sad or want to improve your mental wellbeing?
Do you have family issues, relationship struggles, going through separation or divorce?
Struggling with addictions?
How Can I Support You!
I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor, with over 17 years experience working in supporting individuals go on to lead more fulfilling lives. My current practises are in Uxbridge, Iver & Ealing, West London.
I have a core belief that we all deserve to be happy, lead meaningful and fulfilling lives and that we have the ability to do so with support, motivation and circumstances favouring this... though at times it may be hard to see this.
We can all benefit from some professional, external support at some stage in our lives to invest in our own well being. We may have friends and/or family who are genuinely supportive but may need that space away from all that is familiar to have a clearer perspective in areas of our lives.
As we are all unique individuals, the counselling approaches I use will vary for all as appropriate to what your goals are to support you. My training and experience enables me to offer you a bespoke experience. I am very culturally and spiritually aware and can draw upon this for a holistic counselling experience.
I always maintain an honest working relationship with you and encourage you to do so with yourself. Counselling does evoke a range of emotions at times through this journey. I will support you through these in a safe, respectful, confidential and non judgemental space. I appreciate the effort and courage required at times in this journey but believe, through my own experiences, that the rewards are so worth this.
Benefits of Counselling
If you can identify that one or some of these mean something to your life then it may be the right time for you to start counselling.
- Someone to talk, support and motivate you in an unbiased, safe, non judgemental and confidential space.
- Stop feeling stuck within yourself
- Develop an empowered sense of yourself. Improve how you manage yourself, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution
- Get to know yourself better- why you do things, the origins of thoughts and behaviours, what triggers you
- Improved relationships and experiences with others.
- Improved mental health and well being- be happier!
- Process and make sense of past traumatic experiences
My life experiences, academic development and work experiences have lead me into private practice.
I studied a BSc Psychobiology degree and as this ended, I commenced my work in the field of substance misuse addiction in 2002 in a drugs and alcohol community treatment centre. Shortly after, I completed my Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling. I have worked within the substance misuse field for the past 15 years in various roles.
In my last role I managed the Richmond borough-wide substance misuse treatment service which consisted of many teams and functions including a counselling service, 1-2-1 and group work, parenting programme, prescribing clinical team, outreach services, women and men's specific work, family and carer's support, work in police stations, prisons and courts. Through this I have the confidence and experience of working with a wide range of counselling topics (as listed below).
I use many different styles of counselling to create a bespoke experience for each individual to suit their needs. I mainly use Humanistic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Psychodynamic approaches.
I work with working with individual adults and couples (18 years +). I offer face-to-face, online and phone counselling. There are more details on my website www.MichelleChandAubry.com
Areas of counselling that I can support:
- Abuse (financial, sexual, neglect, physical, mental, emotional)
- Adult safeguarding
- Alcohol misuse
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Carer support
- Child safeguarding
- Criminal justice related issues
- Couples Counselling
- Cultural issues
- Domestic Violence
- Dual diagnosis (mental health & using drugs/ alcohol combined)
- Feeling sad
- Family issues & support
- Housing issues
- Low self- esteem and confidence
- Mental health
- Parenting support
- Perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse
- Pregnancy & birth
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Relationship issues- general, affairs, betrayals, divorce, separation
- Self harm
- Suicidal feelings, thoughts and ideation
- Sleeping problem
- Self harm
- Spiritual issues
- Work- related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2003- 2006 Post Graduate Advanced Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD
- 1997 -2002 Studied BSc Psychobiology , North London University
- May 2019 Diversity Symposium- CPCAB & BACP
- 2018 Anger & Creativity : The dynamics of aggression in intimate family relationships
- 2017 Data Protection & Information Security Awareness
- Values, Behaviour & Cultures Workshop
- Naloxone training
Medication in Recovery
- Leadership and management training (part2)
- Hoarding training
- 2016 Leadership & Management training (part 1)
- Training for Disciplinary Chairs
- 2014 Care Quality Commission (CQC) training
- 2013 Foundations for Recovery Programme training
- 2012 ITEP mapping training
- Strengths- based Assessment & Recovery Tools
- 2011 Management Learning Development Programme- Strategic & Open-minded Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence, Leadership & Influencing
- Diversity, Courage & Personal Impact
- Disciplinary & Grievance training
- 2010 Managing Safeguarding within Projects
- 2009 Management Development Programme
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Understanding the abuser
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Intimacy and sexuality
- 2005 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Rage and anger
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Training and workshops available:
I can provide bespoke training or workshops for the areas listed above. Please contact me to discuss details and check website for more details.
Prices apply to all 3 locations:
Ealing Address- The Space, 12b St Mary's Rd, London, W5 5ES
Monday - Friday £60 per session
Saturday £65 per session
Monday - Friday £70 per session
Saturday £75 per session
* discounts available when purchasing session bundles- see website for more details.
Some concessionary spaces available depending on situation so please do discuss this with me.
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Criminal Justice- related issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dual Diagnosis work- with mental health
- Anxiety/ Panic
Online and telephone counselling service available on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu|
Monday- Friday 10am- 9pm, Saturday 10am-5pm Please contact me if you would like to meet outside of these hours as there is some flexibility. I work on bank holidays.
Types of client