Michelle Chand-Aubry PGDip MBACP
Are you finding it difficult to cope with thoughts, feelings or situations?
Are you finding certain relationships difficult?
Do you feel anxious, depressed, sad or want to improve your mental wellbeing?
Struggling with addictions?
How Can I Support You!
I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor, with over 15 years experience working in supporting individuals go on to lead more fulfilling lives. My current practises are in Uxbridge, Middlesex and Iver, Buckinghamshire.
I have a core belief that we all deserve to be happy, lead meaningful and fulfilling lives and that we have the ability to do so with support, motivation and circumstances favouring this... though at times it may be hard to see this.
I believe that we can all benefit from some professional, external support at some stage in our lives to invest in our own development. We may have friends and/or family who are genuinely supportive but may need that space away from all that is familiar to have a clearer perspective in areas of our lives.
As we are all unique individuals, the counselling approaches I use will vary for all as appropriate to what your goals are to support you. My training and experience enables me to offer you a bespoke experience. I am very culturally and spiritually aware and can draw upon this for a holistic counselling experience.
This may feel challenging at times and I will always maintain an honest working relationship with you and encourage you to do so with yourself. Counselling does evoke a range of emotions at times through this journey. I will support you through these in a safe, respectful, confidential and non judgemental space. I appreciate the effort and courage this process requires at times in this journey but believe, through my own experiences, that the rewards are so worth this.
In all my years working I have always encouraged everyone to experience the therapeutic process as through my own experience, and that of numerous other individuals, I have seen how we can go own to lead more consciously rewarding and happier lives!
Benefits of Counselling
If you can identify that one or some of these mean something to your life then it may be the right time for you to start counselling.
- Someone to talk, support and motivate you in an unbiased, safe, non judgemental and confidential space.
- Stop feeling stuck within yourself
- Develop an empowered sense of yourself. Improve how you manage yourself, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution
- Get to know yourself better- why you do things, the origins of thoughts and behaviours, what triggers you
- Improved relationships
- Improved mental health and well being- be happier!
- Process and make sense of past traumatic experiences
My life experiences, academic development and work experiences have lead me into private practice.
I studied a BSc Psychobiology degree at University from 1997. As this ended, I commenced my work in the field of substance misuse in 2002 in a Drugs and Alcohol community treatment centre. I commenced my Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling at CPPD, London a year after. I have worked within the substance misuse field for the past 15 years in various roles. My current practices are in Uxbridge, Middlesex (West London) & Iver (Buckinghamshire).
In my last role I managed the Richmond borough-wide substance misuse treatment service which consisted of many teams including a counselling service, 1-2-1 and group work, parenting programme, clinical team, outreach service, women and men's specific work, family and carer's support, and criminal justice team (each with numerous specialist roles within).
I am encouraged by my professional and actively keep developing my knowledge through a range of continued professional development platforms I access regularly.
All my experience has been predominantly working with adults (18 years +)
Areas of counselling that I can support:
- Abuse (financial, sexual, neglect, physical, mental, emotional)
- Adult safeguarding
- Alcohol misuse
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Carer support
- Child safeguarding
- Criminal justice related issues
- Cultural issues
- Domestic Violence
- Dual diagnosis (mental health & using drugs/ alcohol combined)
- Feeling sad
- Family issues & support
- Housing issues
- Low self- esteem and confidence
- Mental health
- Parenting support
- Perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse
- Pregnancy & birth
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Relationship issues- general, affairs, betrayals, divorce, separation
- Self harm
- Suicidal feelings, thoughts and ideation
- Sleeping problem
- Self harm
- Spiritual issues
- Work- related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2003- 2006 Advanced Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD
- 1997 -2002 Studied BSc Psychobiology , North London University
- 2018 Anger & Creativity : The dynamics of aggression in intimate family relationships
- 2017 Data Protection & Information Security Awareness
- Values, Behaviour & Cultures Workshop
- Naloxone training
Medication in Recovery
- Leadership and management training (part2)
- Hoarding training
- 2016 Leadership & Management training (part 1)
- Training for Disciplinary Chairs
- 2014 Care Quality Commission (CQC) training
- 2013 Foundations for Recovery Programme training
- 2012 ITEP mapping training
- Strengths- based Assessment & Recovery Tools
- 2011 Management Learning Development Programme- Strategic & Open-minded Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence, Leadership & Influencing
- Diversity, Courage & Personal Impact
- Disciplinary & Grievance training
- 2010 Managing Safeguarding within Projects
- 2009 Management Development Programme
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Understanding the abuser
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Intimacy and sexuality
- 2005 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Rage and anger
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Training and workshops available:
I can provide bespoke training or workshops for the areas listed above. Please contact me to discuss details and check website for more details.
Monday - Friday £60 per session
Saturday £65 per session
Some concessionary spaces available depending on situation so please do discuss this with me.
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Criminal Justice- related issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dual Diagnosis work
Online and telephone counselling service available on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu|
Monday- Friday 10am- 9pm, Saturday 10am-5pm Please contact me if you would like to meet outside of these hours as there is some flexibility.
Types of client