Michelle Chand-Aubry PGDip MBACP
Finding yourself struggling?
Let me help you to find understanding and support you!!
I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor, using many approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Humanistic and Psychodynamic approaches to suit each individual as appropriate. I have over 20 years experience successfully supporting individuals and couples go on to lead more fulfilling lives. My current practises are in Iver, Buckinghamshire and Uxbridge, Middlesex. I currently also work with Harley Street's therapy platform. I currently provide phone, FaceTime, Skype and Zoom counselling.
I have a core belief that we all deserve to be happy, lead meaningful and fulfilling lives and that we have the ability to do so with support, motivation and circumstances favouring this... though at times it may be hard to see this.
We can all benefit from some professional, external support at some stage in our lives to invest in our own well being. We may have friends and/or family who are genuinely supportive but may need that space away from all that is familiar to have a clearer perspective in areas of our lives. I understand that in particular, during these challenging times many thoughts and feelings can be triggered by this unprecedented time and the new conditions we live in.
As we are all unique individuals, the counselling approaches I use will vary for all as appropriate to what your goals are to support you. My training and experience enables me to offer you a bespoke experience. I am very culturally and spiritually aware and can draw upon this for a holistic counselling experience.
I always maintain an honest working relationship with you and encourage you to do so with yourself. Counselling does evoke a range of emotions at times through this journey. I will support you through these in a safe, respectful, confidential and non judgemental space. I appreciate the effort and courage required at times in this journey but believe, through my own experiences, that the rewards are so worth this.
Benefits of Counselling
If you can identify that one or some of these mean something to your life then it may be the right time for you to start counselling.
- Someone to talk, support and motivate you in an unbiased, safe, non judgemental and confidential space.
- Stop feeling stuck within yourself
- Develop an empowered sense of yourself. Improve how you manage yourself, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution
- Get to know yourself better- why you do things, the origins of thoughts and behaviours, what triggers you
- Improved relationships and experiences with others.
- Improved mental health and well being- be happier!
- Process and make sense of past traumatic experiences
My life experiences, academic development and work experiences have lead me into private practice.
I studied a BSc Psychobiology degree and as this ended, I commenced my work in the field of substance misuse addiction in 2002 in a drugs and alcohol community treatment centre. Shortly after, I completed my Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling. I have worked within the substance misuse field for the past 15 years in various roles.
In my last role I managed the Richmond borough-wide substance misuse treatment service which consisted of many teams and functions including a counselling service, 1-2-1 and group work, parenting programme, prescribing clinical team, outreach services, women and men's specific work, family and carer's support, work in police stations, prisons and courts. Through this I have the confidence and experience of working with a wide range of counselling topics (as listed below).
I use many different styles of counselling to create a bespoke experience for each individual to suit their needs. I mainly use Humanistic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Psychodynamic approaches.
I work with working with individual adults and couples (18 years +). I offer face-to-face, online and phone counselling. There are more details on my website www.MichelleChandAubry.com
Areas of counselling that I can support:
- Abuse (financial, sexual, neglect, physical, mental, emotional)
- Adult safeguarding
- Alcohol misuse
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss
- Carer support
- Child safeguarding
- Criminal justice related issues
- Couples Counselling
- Cultural issues
- Domestic Violence
- Dual diagnosis (mental health & using drugs/ alcohol combined)
- Feeling sad
- Family issues & support
- Housing issues
- Low self- esteem and confidence
- Mental health
- Parenting support
- Perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse
- Pregnancy & birth
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Relationship issues- general, affairs, betrayals, divorce, separation
- Self harm
- Suicidal feelings, thoughts and ideation
- Sleeping problem
- Self harm
- Spiritual issues
- Work- related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2021- Certificate in Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self Knowledge: The Unconscious- online certificate- University of Edinburgh
- 2020 Certificate in Working with Couples and Other Relationships (including polyamorous and non- romantic).
- 2003- 2006 Post Graduate Advanced Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD
- 1997 -2002 Studied BSc Psychobiology , North London University
- May 2019 Diversity Symposium- CPCAB & BACP
- 2018 Anger & Creativity : The dynamics of aggression in intimate family relationships
- 2017 Data Protection & Information Security Awareness
- Values, Behaviour & Cultures Workshop
- Naloxone training
Medication in Recovery
- Leadership and management training (part2)
- Hoarding training
- 2016 Leadership & Management training (part 1)
- Training for Disciplinary Chairs
- 2014 Care Quality Commission (CQC) training
- 2013 Foundations for Recovery Programme training
- 2012 ITEP mapping training
- Strengths- based Assessment & Recovery Tools
- 2011 Management Learning Development Programme- Strategic & Open-minded Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence, Leadership & Influencing
- Diversity, Courage & Personal Impact
- Disciplinary & Grievance training
- 2010 Managing Safeguarding within Projects
- 2009 Management Development Programme
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Understanding the abuser
- 2006 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Intimacy and sexuality
- 2005 Working with Survivors of Abuse- Rage and anger
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Training and workshops available:
I can provide bespoke training or workshops for the areas listed above. Please contact me to discuss details and check website for more details.
Business Development support available:
If you would like some support on how to enhance or develop your own business, implement changes, marketing & promoting services, management related matters then please contact me.
Prices apply to all 3 locations.
If you feel that we could work well together and would like to discuss the price please contact me as I will consider particular financial circumstances.
Monday - Friday £70 per session
Saturday £80 per session
Monday - Friday £80 per session
Saturday £90 per session
* discounts available when purchasing session bundles- see website for more details.
Concessions offered for
Monday- Friday 9.30am- 10pm, Saturday 10am-5pm Please contact me if you would like to meet outside of these hours as there is some flexibility. I work on bank holidays.
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Criminal Justice- related issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dual Diagnosis work- with mental health
- Anxiety/ Panic
* Phone, FaceTime, Skype, Zoom and telephone counselling service available on request.
* Some work available in Ealing on request- Ealing Address- The Space, 12b St Mary's Rd, London, W5 5ES