Jocelyn Rose MBACP, PGDip, PGCE, QTLS, BSc Hons.
198 Church Road
3 St. Georges Place
Psychotherapeutic Counsellor MBACP, PGDip, PGCE, QTLS, BSc Hons
I offer a warm, perceptive, sensitive approach, that moves at a pace appropriate for you. A nurturing space to support growth and promote healing.
How I work
Life is complicated. At times, we find ourselves struggling to cope with these challenges. The cost to us of living with unresolved issues can significantly impact upon our lives, on our sense of self, and on the relationships we have with the people around us. What challenges are you facing right now?
I am trained to work with unconscious material. Time and time again I witness how peoples relationships improve, and how their lives simplify, as their understanding and connection with themselves deepens. How do you cope, and how is that working for you?
Talking therapy can be deeply cathartic. However, some people find it helpful to engage with therapy creatively too. I am experienced in working therapeutically with art, role play, sand trays and in nature. Can you clearly express yourself, and do you feel heard?
At times, it may also be useful for us to look at the nature of our relationship. This can offer insights for self enquiry and develop further understanding of how you relate to others in your life. How do you take support in your life?
I specialise in adults and young people; offering individual therapeutic interventions from a small, highly personalised, private practice setting in central Brighton and from a warm, comfortable, accessible clinic in mid Hove. I offer a small number of bespoke Ecotherapy interventions across the Sussex region. In order to improve accessibility, I also offer sessions via Skype.
I am qualified to Post Graduate Level in Psychodynamic Psychotherapeutic Counselling and in Client Centred, Eco-therapeutic, Life Coaching and Solution Focused interventions.
Alongside my private practice, I have worked for various charitable organisations. These include SAHA, an organisation providing better outcomes, including therapy, for young homeless people in the UK. The Rock Clinic, Brighton, improving accessibility by offering therapeutic interventions for those on low incomes. I am also highly experienced in working in with young people. For over a decade, I have been providing practical and emotional alternatives for those experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties in Schools, FE Colleges and in Universities across Sussex.
I work with men and women irrespective of age, ethnicity, gender identity, background, sexual orientation, profession, financial standing, religion, culture, etc across a range of issues including but not limited to:
Depression, Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Addiction, Attachment and Loss, Relationship Issues, Bereavement, Trauma, Self Harm, Suicide, Domestic Violence, Sexual/Physical and Emotional Abuse. I am experienced in working alongside CAMHS and in supporting those with Diagnostic labels.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PGDip in Psychodynamic Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Registered member of the BACP -British Association of Counsellor and Psychotherapists
- Person Centred Counselling Diploma
- Solution Focused Counselling - BRIEF training centre; London.
- Post Graducate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Qualified Teacher Learning Status (QTLS)
- BSc Hons Biological Sciences
- First Aid
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Individual Counselling - £50 (per 50 minute session)
- Couples Counselling - £65 (Per 50 minute session)
- Online or Skype Counselling Session - £50 (per 50 minute session)
- Counselling Home Visit - £60 (per 50 minute session)
- Eco therapy -£75 (per 90 minute session)
The sessions are generally at the same time and same place every week. I charge for missed sessions, as is customary counselling and psychotherapy practice. Exceptions are made for pre-arranged holidays or appointments.
I offer a small number of means assessed places. Please enquire about availability.
What happens next?
If you would like to know more about how I work, or whether I have availability, please give me a call or send me an email. I endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Fridays. I also offer a small number of bespoke eco-therapy sessions on weekends. Subject to availability.
Types of client