Suzette Castle-Mackie Psychotherapy, BUPA registered, UKCP, MBACP
I work with couples and with individuals providing a comfortable, safe space to create sufficient trust to explore what is troubling you. I am creative and collaborative in my approach and will discuss how we might work together in order to tailor our sessions accordingly. I offer an initial 15 minute telephone consultation free of charge, to determine what you are finding difficult and how I might help.
You will find details of my qualifications and training below.
My special areas of interest are:-
-Relationship issues including divorce, separation, pre-wedding therapy, sexual issues, infertility, adoption.
-Bereavement and dealing with loss by suicide
-Coping with illness and disability
-Panic disorder and phobias
-Anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder
-Depression / Feeling sad
-Improving communication, self-esteem and assertiveness
1. Working with couples:-
In couples work I see my role as facilitating what becomes hopefully a richer communication between you both. It is important to be really clear that I will not be taking sides, but listening without judgement to what each of you have to say about how you feel about your situation. This can then lead to an exploration of how you both might wish to move forwards, even if that feels like an impossibility right now.
Types of couples:-
I work with all kinds of couples, of all sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious background and this might even mean siblings, father/daughter, mother/son for example. I do not see more than 2 people.
My preference is to have had contact with both of you, prior to our first session together. It helps to make each party feel they are on an equal footing from the start.
2. Working with Adults one to one:-
I will work alongside you looking at your challenges, source of distress, future personal goals and relationships. Our therapeutic relationship is key in helping to unblock areas in your life that may feel stuck or painful. By gaining a deeper self-awareness, therapy can guide you to consider new ways of thinking and feeling about a situation and can be quite life-changing.
Depending on the issues you bring, I might suggest incorporating Mindfulness. Simply put, Mindfulness involves acceptance, meaning that we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings without judging them—without believing, for instance, that there's a “right” or “wrong” way to think or feel in a given moment. Sometimes I might suggest using other creative means to help you tap in to your feelings, but ultimately you choose. You may just wish to talk and that is fine too.
I work with both short and long-term clients, offering face to face, telephone and skype sessions as most appropriate to your needs.
3. Working with victims of crime:-
Provider of therapeutic interventions to victims of crime through the Victims First Specialist Counselling Service across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.If you have been a victim of crime and require support you can contact Victims First on 0300 1234 148 or by visiting www.victims-first.org.uk
4.Working as an approved Affiliate Counsellor:-
- Providing short-term solutions focused counselling (up to 6 sessions) with EAP providers currently with :-
- Workplace Options
- Central London Counselling Service
- Delivering Mental Health Awareness Workshops to Managers within organisations seeking to become more confident in handling and supporting staff.
BUPA REGISTERED THERAPIST
I am registered with the UKCP. The UKCP is the quality mark for high standards in psychotherapy. They hold the national register listing those practitioner members who meet exacting standards and training requirements. You can find me on their website if you wish to do some checks before you choose who to work with. I am also a registered member of BACP. I work within their ethical frameworks and hold full professional civil liability insurance. I am a member of the Accredited Voluntary Register which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. You can check to see if a therapist is registered with them by going to their website:- http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/
I am committed to continual professional development to enhance my therapeutic work.
There are so many different types of therapy on offer that it can be very confusing pinpointing what you might need. You may find it helpful to call or email me so I can try to help answer any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
5 years of Psychotherapy & Counselling Qualifications and related training:-
- Person-Centered Couples Counselling Certificate, Counselling Works Ltd.
- Advanced Diploma Integrated Psychotherapy, Regent's University London. (ADIP)
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrated Psychotherapy, Regent's University London.(PGDIP)
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Regent's College.
- Tackling the psychological aspects of obesity in weight management groups, working with Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Psychotherapist and Counsellor for Cotswold Counselling. Face-to-face sessions offering both short and long term psychotherapy with Adults.
- Help-line volunteer and Trustee for AAA-Norcap (Adults Affected by Adoption)
- Fully trained Respite Foster carer working with children with ADHD, Autism, anxiety and attachment disorder.
- Listener and Trainer for The Samaritans working with adults and teenagers through face-to-face, email and telephone contact working with despair, self-harming and suicidal feelings.
- Facilitator, Learning and Development Consultant and Communications Skills Trainer for the last 17 years with a broad range of organisations in the Public and Private Sector on staff and management training programmes and strategic reviews.
- Team-Building events and programmes for corporates, adults, schools and young people
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Obesity related counselling for emotional eaters.
Working with all kinds of couples including LGBT, siblings, mother-son.
Career coaching and workplace dilemmas.
Working with victims of crime through VictimsFirst for Thames Valley Police.
BUPA registered therapist.
Photos & videos
£55 per 50 minute session for individuals (Face to face and Skype sessions)
£70 per 60 minute session for couples
Fees are payable by bank transfer, cheque or cash on the day of the session.
I offer an initial free of charge 15 minute telephone consultation for you to determine if you would like to book a first appointment with me and ask any questions you may have about working with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wheelchair ramp leading directly to therapy room. Parking spot next to ramp. Please be aware that the drive is gravel. There is a ground floor toilet could be difficult turning a wheelchair -photos can be supplied on request to determine suitability.
Monday to Thursdays - Mornings, afternoons and evenings.
No weekend availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|