Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Anxiety, Low Self-Confidence, Overeating
"Having experienced and overcome chronic worry, loneliness and comfort eating myself, I now empower you through the process. I support people from around the world through feeling low self-esteem, unhappy, ashamed or unloved, with compassion, experience, knowledge, and a touch of humour."
Is being single, feeling low in confidence, or frustration with your comfort eating causing you distress?
- 60 minute 1:1, weekly counselling psychotherapy sessions to talk through anxiety, fears, grief, loneliness, binge-eating. A series of sessions will help you to manage the situation more fully and deeply. Please note that I do not offer fortnightly sessions. Daytime sessions only offered. There is also usually a waiting list for individual therapy.
- 6-week structured programme ‘Comfort Eating Recovery’ for frustration with comfort or binge-eating
- 8-week structured 'Calling in The One' programme. Love, dating or relationship recovery and support programme. This is for people who long for connection.
'Comfort Eating Recovery' Programme
- If you can’t stop eating, and you don’t know why...
- If you’re tired of beating yourself up for not being able to stop...
- Don’t feel alone…you don’t have to suffer in secret any more.
- Talk with people who understand, and make giant steps toward healing
- Contact me for the latest dates and information.
'Calling in the One' Programme
- If you feel like you make poor choices in relationships...
- If you feel like you're on the merry-go-round of endless bad dates.
- If you worry that you will never find love and connection.
- Bond with people in the same boat, and turn your love life around.
Go here for the latest workshop: www.undergroundconfidence.com
Training, qualifications & experience
Main training and experience
I have been training and working in counselling and psychotherapy with individuals and groups, since 1996.
- 2003+ Private practice in Bristol
- 2003 MA in Counselling Psychology, with an emphasis in Somatic Psychotherapy
- 2014 BACP Accreditation
- I often undertake new training to keep me up to date on the latest developments in the field. You can hear about this in my podcast: Underground Confidence Podcast:
Media, Referrals & Testimonials
Alongside presenting The Underground Confidence Podcast, I speak, write and give expert opinion in the media. I specialise in content around overcoming comfort eating, managing stress, finding engaged love, and building self-confidence:
Many of my clients, colleagues and friends have recommended my work to people they know. Please see my websites and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/bristolpsychotherapy) for testimonials.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As well as the above I have in depth experience in working with the following:
- Mood swings
- Boundaries/saying No/personal goals
- Dating Confidence, being single, attracting the wrong/ right partners
- Feeling stuck or unfocussed
- Fulfilling potential and personal vitality
- Comfort eating, stress eating, food addiction
- Understanding and integrating intense alternative health treatment responses (acupuncture, homeopathy, craniosacral, shamanic practice, etc..)
- Physical tension, illness, disease and pain
- ME and CFS
£65.00 per session
Individual session fee £65 for the hour daytime.
Understanding Your Eating Introductory Course 6 weeks. £30 Intro session 30 minutes & £197 Early Bird/ £247 Full.
When I work
Day time appointments available online or by telephone.
No in person appointments available.
Now enrolling for Online 'Comfort Eating Recovery' group programme.
Listen to my podcast: https://undergroundconfidence.buzzsprout.com/
Subscribe here for 'Love Recovery' support and newsletter:
Subscribe here for tips on how to understand and manage your eating: https://mailchi.mp/7c16f491d38e/thoughtsbeforeabinge
Register your interest about a programme here: http://www.bristolcounselling.co.uk/contactshelleytreacher.html