Welcome to Willow Tree Counselling Service, I am a well grounded and qualified therapeutic counsellor with an easy going, genuine and honest approach to life that enables me to communicate and build trust within relationships with people from all walks of life and I believe that everybody should be treated equally and have the opportunity to reach their full potential within society.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy BACP and work within their ethical framework offering individual counselling in a variety of ways and approaches that enables me to offer long or short term counselling dependent on the client's needs.
I have a vast military background having served over 10 years in HM Forces giving me the ability to connect, relate and emphasize with the daily issues and struggles that many Serving men and woman, Ex- Forces and their families encounter.
Currently I am the Counselling Service Manager for Willow Tree Counselling Service and previously at the YMCA Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.
I also work therapeutically with children and young people between the ages of 4-18 within primary and secondary schools.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have vast experience of working with children, young people and vulnerable adults facing many issues in life from abuse, anxiety, depression, family/relationship issues, social issues, mental illness, low self-steem and substance misuse to name a few.
I also have experiencing of working with families and children suffering from bereavement that has given me experience of school based counselling within both primary and secondary schools.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
- Counselling Skills and Theory NCFE Level 3
- Helping Skills NCFE Level 2
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Eating Disorders
- Working therapeutically within the family
- CAMH Module
- Art of Self Care
- Aware of policies and procedures regarding equal opportunities, child protection and reporting abuse
- Provide comprehensive assessments of clients on which to base appropriate counselling interventions, or to make recommendations for referral to other healthcare professionals.
- I undertake regular supervision and have ongoing continual professional and personal development.
- Advanced DBS Registered
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
Individual - £35 per session - 1 hour.
Couples - £40 per session - 1 hour.
Armed Forces and Veterans discount - Please enquire.
Student Counsellors on Level 4 Diploma - Please enquire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact for availability as I work flexible hours
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|