*COVID-19 Update: I am now offering COVID-Secure In-Person Counselling.*
I am passionate about helping adults work with loss, self-esteem and relationship difficulties so that you can have better, more fulfilling lives.
You may be struggling with:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Feeling Sad
- Bereavement - death of a partner, child, baby, miscarriage, friend, loved one or pet.
- Dying or Illness
- Loss - any change creates loss and grief. Loss of your hopes and dreams.
- Low Self-Esteem
- Low Self-Confidence
- Family Issues - conflict, estrangement, abuse, neglect.
- Relationship Issues - divorce, affairs, domestic and/or emotional abuse, poor sex life, infertility.
- Childlessness - whether by choice or not.
- Sex problems
We are all unique and will each struggle in our own way from time to time. I am here to work collaboratively with you to overcome whatever it is you are going through and create the life you wish for.
I am a Relational Integrative Counsellor which means I work with a variety of therapeutic models (Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive) to best suit your needs within each session, whilst always holding our therapeutic relationship at the core. Additionally, I may incorporate Mindfulness, Self-Compassion, Psychosexual and DBT skills in the work. I endeavour to create a therapy that works for you so please let me know if you have any special requirements.
Therapy can sometimes be very challenging but I hope my warmth, empathy and compassion will help you feel safe and at ease.
I start with an assessment then suggest 6 sessions. Sometimes this is enough, other times the work is ongoing and happens over months or years. I also believe that therapy can be useful for ongoing self-care - you might not have a major issue to work through, you might just want some support. I offer sessions biweekly, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
I work In-Person, Online (Zoom or Skype) and by Telephone.
How to get started... Give me a call or send me a text or email to arrange an assessment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling (NHS College)
- BACP Accredited Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Psychosexual Studies (In Progress)
- I am a volunteer Bereavement, Carer and End-Of-Life/Palliative Care Counsellor at The Heart of Kent Hospice.
- I am a Counsellor for the charity Making Miracles (Baby Trauma and Bereavement)
- I have worked at the charity MIND (Mid Kent and Maidstone)
- I undertake regular Continuing Professional Development.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
50 minute Counselling Session - £50
Some concessionary places are available, 50 minutes - £40
Tuesday - Friday 9am-8.30pm