Jade Byford BSc Hons Integrative, MBACP (Accred) FdA Person Centred, Supervisor
HOW I WORK.
Firstly thank you for taking the time to read my profile. What you are about to read has been proven to have positive results as I can verify from the evidence of change in my own life journey and the testimony of the hundreds of clients that I have helped to achieve the changes they were looking for in their lives.
Here’s what to expect when you first contact me:
- I will respond promptly, by email, text or phone; whichever you prefer.
- If you are then interested in meeting me I will offer you a FREE face to face consultation.
- In our first meeting I will ask you some questions about yourself and you will have the opportunity to discuss your reasons for seeking counselling and what you want to achieve from it.
- Once we have met you can decide how you want to proceed. You will always be in control of your therapy, having the choice to end when you feel that you have reached your goals.
What to expect from our sessions:
- I will listen to you without judgement and in confidence and help you to gain understanding around your feelings and behaviours, as I have gained a wealth of knowledge and research with neuroscience. This is the leading science in the future of therapy and it will give you the understanding of how your brain works and why you are experiencing your feelings, thoughts and behaviours. This will give you the power to change those experiences and behaviours that are causing you challenges in your life.
- We will work on your goals for counselling together in order to give you the positive life that you are seeking.
- If you feel it is helpful for you I am also trained in art therapy, relaxation and mindfulness techniques and meditation as well as talking therapies.
- I can help you experimentally find and use alternative behaviours and strategies through CBT techniques and exposure exercises that I am skilled in which will give you better coping tools and life skills for a more fulfilling life.
- I will help you reflect upon and understand your feelings and thoughts through a variety of different counselling skills, helping you to get to know yourself better and improve your relationships, firstly with yourself and those close to you.
Counselling is a unique type of relationship which creates the opportunity for you to gain insight and understanding in a safe and supportive space through talking and being fully heard and not judged. Therapy works best through an accepting, supportive, challenging and safe relationship with the aim to help you move forward in life with a more positive and healthier approach.
We will look at how we can use our time together to help you gain different perspectives with your present concerns. If we both feel that working together feels right for you we can negotiate either working long-term or short-term (6 weeks). We will review your progress weekly. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or email me anytime during the week and weekends. Remember I am here to help.
YOUR COUNSELLING ROOM
Your counselling room has a warm welcoming fire place, a big cosy soft armchair and cushions, is light and spacious and as many clients have informed me has a very positive healing energy where you will feel safe and instantly at ease.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am passionate about psychology and have trained in numerous areas and will continue to professionally develop my skills with further education in order to give you the most up to date research and skills to help you overcome the challenges that we all face in our lives.
A brief list of my training so far:
- I am an Accredited Member of the BACP.
- I have a diploma in Counselling skills.
- Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling.
- BSc Hons Degree Integrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
- Facilitate supervision groups.
- Author in Bereavement Research.
- Training & Certificate in Couples Counselling.
- Training & Certificate in play therapy/ arts therapy.
- Fully trained in CBT, Neuroscience, Focusing Therapy, Mindfulness, Person Centred & Integrative Practice.
- Training with PTSD.
- Training in self-harming.
- Training with anxiety & depression.
- Training with anger management.
I am a successful publisher researching the issues surrounding bereavement.
I hold full insurance and am CRB checked to an enhanced level. I have an Honorary Degree level qualification in Psychotherapy & Counselling .This means I am a counsellor highly trained in personal therapeutic work. Where a majority of counsellors have had a lot less significant training, I have had 5 years training in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I am a fully trained and highly qualified Accredited counsellor and supervisor, registered with the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists, which demonstrates a superior level of training and expertise as verified by the BACP. I have a very successful private practice alongside many years experience working with a charitable organisation based in Hornchurch, Essex as a Senior Counsellor offering supervision groups, running training workshops and providing counselling for children, adults, couples & families. I specialise in couples counselling, brain development in childhood, dysfunctional unwanted behaviours and thoughts and feelings in adulthood, Bereavement counselling, and have many years experience working with a variety of adult issues including;
- people who have attempted suicide or have suicidal thoughts,
- people who have suffered trauma,
- people with depression and anxiety and OCD,
- people in troubled relationships, & Couples,
- people who have been sexually or emotionally abused,
- people recovering from an unhealthy abusive relationship/childhood,
- women with miscarriage and termination issues,
- people who have suffered loss, loss of hope, and bereavement,
- people with work related problems, bullying, stress and harassment,
- people who self-harm,
- people with a diagnosis from a former health professional,
- People suffering with long-term health issues,
- People experiencing unwanted feelings, thoughts and behaviours,
- People requiring a new direction in life.
I have many years experience working with children’s needs as I am also working as a school counsellor in many schools in the Borough of Havering. I also offer couples therapy. I am fully trained as an Integrative therapist having the flexibility to offer a wide range of extensive counselling interventions tailoring therapy around your unique individual concerns. I work with work related stress as an employee of Axa Healthcare. As a qualified supervisor supporting other therapists I offer Integrative supervision which again I will tailor to your specific developmental and clients needs. I also train therapists and school staff in workshops covering many areas that present with-in the field of therapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
All fees are negotiable according to personal financial circumstances and start from £25. FREE face to face consultation. Supervision rates start at £35 per hour. Low rates are available for trainee therapists and those currently not in employment. Please email, text or call me anytime for a personal quote.
I am also professionally registered with Axa PPP Healthcare.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is in Elm Park, not far from Elm Park underground station, with good transport links to Romford, Upminster, Rainham, Thurrock and Barking & Dagenham. There is ample free parking.
Daytimes, evenings, weekends and home visits
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a fully qualified supervisor having obtained my qualification in clinical supervision on a course endorsed by the BACP.