Emma Dalgleish LLB Dip (Couns) Dip (Play) Dip (Sup) Cert (Hyp) MBACP
Welcome to Brilliant Green Therapy. This is my therapy practice which takes its name and inspiration from the brilliant green dragonfly. It is a powerful and timeless symbol of transformation, of healing old wounds, a time of awakening, change and self-realisation. The decision to engage in therapy is one such time.
I have worked as a therapist, supervisor and manager of counselling services for over 20 years in the private, statutory and voluntary sectors. My predominant areas of counselling experience include rape, sexual abuse and trauma histories for children, young people and adults, gender and sexual identities, psychosexual and intimacy issues for individuals and couples and loss and bereavement.
Please contact me for a discussion about your current situation and the type of assistance you are seeking. I offer face to face and remote sessions from my therapy rooms in South Wales.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1991 - LLB Law honours degree
- 2002 - Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- 2011- Diploma in Developmental & Therapeutic Play
- 2016 -Diploma in Consultative Supervision
- 2018 -Certificate in Hypnotherapy
- 2021 - Professional Certificate in Psychosexual Therapy
- 2001 - 2002 - Counsellor, Ashcroft House, Substance Misuse Residential Rehabilitation Centre, Cardiff
- 2002-2011 - Counselling Practitioner Manager, Bridgend Youth Counselling Service
- 2014-2015 -Counselling Practitioner Manager, Action for Children, Cardiff and Vale School Counselling Service
- 2015-2019- Counselling Co-ordinator & Clinical Supervisor, Cyfannol Women's Aid, Sexual Violence Service, Gwent
- 2019 -Counsellor, Bridgend CBC Youth Counselling Service
- 2019-2020 - Counsellor, Barnardos Better Futures and Beyond the Blue Child and Youth Counselling Services, Bridgend & Neath
- 2021 - Child Therapist, Neath Port Talbot CBC School Counselling Service
- 2021 - Associate Caseworker, Peterborough Rape Crisis
- 2019 onwards - Private Practitioner
I am trained and experienced in Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity issues and kink friendly in my practice.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Daytime, evening and Saturday morning appointments available in person or remotely
'The traffic in the distance hums of work and toil,
The whistle of the bird finding worms in the soil,
And then there's you,
And then there's you.
Some people walk in the cracks, some people slip through,
Where did you stand when you had the best view?
So take a moment now and settle in the seat,
And let's review your life and your moment of defeat.
You can tell your story and show me how to see,
What stops you reaching your goals and dreams and how you learned to be?
And I will slowly guide you, back to feeling good,
And praise and encourage you and show you that you could,
Be the person you were years ago and maybe something more,
Because my job is to listen and simply help unlock that door.'
From 'Lifescripts' by John Mill