Clare Bate BACP registered accredited member.
Are you facing difficulties , finding it hard to cope with life, feel overwhelmed lacking in motivation, Counselling could help you please read more about me and what I offer.
We all face crisis in our lives from time to time, our mental health will go through difficulties just as our physical health.
I have been working as a Counsellor for over 10 years. I have worked in organisations based in Sandwell Wolverhampton and Dudley. I have also worked as a Counsellor and a Mentor with young people in several schools, colleges and educational settings providing confidential one to one creative, therapeutic counselling support.
My range of expertise range from working with adults, teenagers and children I work with both clients and their families where appropriate to identify, difficulties and barriers. Supporting and encouraging personal progress through life. I also have extensive experience of working in the charity sector for organisations who provide therapeutic services to vulnerable people in the local community with a range of people from a diverse ethnic backgrounds. I have a good knowledge of the social issues that local communities face and the support systems in place in each local areas.
Counselling gives you a confidential place to go, someone to talk to, who will listen, someone to explore your difficulties with in a safe secure environment.
I also offer telephone and internet online counselling should you find it harder to work with someone face to face.
I have experience working with a wide range of issues including... anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, depression, feeling sad or low, panic disorder, phobias, relationship issues including affairs and betrayal. Separation, divorce, bipolar, postnatal depression, abuse, personality disorders, child related issues, behaviour, defiance. trauma, addictions i.e. gambling, drugs, alcohol, internet addition. Suicidal thoughts, ideation, self harm to name but a few issues people face.
If you would like an informal confidential chat to see if counselling could be for you or you may want to find out more about the process of counselling get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Approach).
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing Certificate.
- Certificate in Educational Support
- Accredited Registered Member of the BACP
- I adhere to BACP Ethics and Guidelines
- I hold Professional Liability Insurance.
Additional Training and
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)I have completed a range of CPD training which is relevant to the client groups I have worked with they all add to the tool box approach I have to my work.
- Drugs & Alcohol Awareness
- Pregnancy Testing delivery and signposting
- Delivering Sexual Health
- Introduction and Advanced Practitioners in Motivational Interviewing (Gestalt Based Therapy)
- Mentoring Training
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Abuse, physical, emotional, sexual & neglect and its effects
- Autism Awareness
- Cultural practices
- Anger Management
- Self Harm
- Safeguarding, children and vulnerable adults
- Creatively Engaging Children Through Play
- Behaviour Management
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- Suicide awareness
- Equality & Diversity
- I also have delivered interactive PHSE personal, social, health workshops to groups of young people in a variety of topics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
£40.00 per session
Concessions are available for people on low incomes and students
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week days and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am currently in supervision training and able to offer supervision to counsellors at a reduced rate of £25.00 per session.View supervision profile