Welcome to my page. I am based in Hove near Brighton and whatever problem is leading you to look for help, it’s important to know that “talking” with a professional listener, can be an effective way to start feeling better, as well as helping you to explore potential solutions. I offer online and telephone counselling if these options are more suitable to you than face to face.
I offer help to individuals with a range of problems such as anxiety or low mood and also to couples experiencing relationship issues. I offer specialist treatment for eating disorders and drug, alcohol and gambling addictions. I am an integrative practitioner and incorporate EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) into my approach, primarily to treat trauma and intense emotional experiences. I am also a counselling tutor for DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) and where relevant offer skills training within therapy sessions to help promote personal development and growth.
Previous clients have said they.....
- have felt some "relief" just from talking without feeling any sense of judgement
- found solutions or different approaches to problems through talking and therapist insight
- were surprised to realise how much lifestyle can influence overall well-being
- have found small changes can boost self confidence & personal drive
- felt happier than they did before.
I offer a professional and confidential service and look forward to meeting you if you decide to contact me. If you would like a free introductory session by phone or online, I am very happy to arrange this with you.
I have online appointments throughout the weekdays, Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings. I work with adults, couples and 12-18yr olds.
Face to face sessions are not available at the moment, given Covid-19.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychology Degree
- Advanced Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Therapy
- Masters Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy Practice
- Certificate in Working with Couples
- Specialist Training in Substance Misuse and Gambling Addiction
- Specialist Training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to challenge unhelpful "habits" & promote change
- Specialist Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy offering skills in Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance & Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Certificate in Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders
- Master Practitioner Eating Disorders
- Level 2 EFT Practitioner (Emotional Freedom Technique also known as Tapping), trauma treatment
- Registered Accredited Member of BACP & NCFED (National Centre for Eating Disorders) Graduate Member of BPS (British Psychological Society)
Given my therapeutic and personal experience, I believe my strengths lie in the following areas:
ABUSE: Emotional, Physical or Sexual
ADDICTION: Gambling, Alcohol & Drugs
EATING DISORDERS: Bulimia, Anorexia, Binge/Over-eating & Obesity - specialised treatment according to your particular form of eating disorder
LOSS: Death, Divorce, Redundancy & Financial
Personality, Developmental or Mood Disorders: Bipolar, BPD, OCD, Autism, ADHD
RELATIONSHIP DIFFICULTIES: Opposite & Same Sex, understanding how to build, repair & end relationships
TRAUMA: Frightening & Disturbing Experience
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
(i) Individual Counselling Sessions: £60
(ii) Eating Disorder Treatment £70
(ii) Couples Counselling: £80
Individual appointments are approximately 50 minutes and couples sessions an hour. You are welcome to come and meet me for free for about 20-30 minutes if that would be useful before booking an appointment.