Charles Bradshaw (BSc,Psych,Advanced Dip coun, CBT (CPCAB)
0151 5316676 / 07754 547268
My professional training and work over the last 25 years as covers counselling areas, from Person Centred counselling to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I have been a qualified counsellor since June 2006, working to help clients understand difficult issues that may be causing problems with there daily routine.
My Practice as a therapist covers most counselling issues relating to, stress, anxiety and depression. I also work with more complex issues around, OCD and PTSD helping you to understand difficult thoughts and feeling related to these issues. I have in the past, worked with phobias by helping clients to gain an insight into their difficult and complex thoughts and feeling behind this condition. My practice as a therapist can be seen as a collaborative relationship, which helps both the client and the therapist to work towards a desired outcome. My practice can also be seen as a Psycho-educational based practice, in helping you to gain the right information and help, for your issues.
Therapy helps you to unblock difficult issues that are holding you back, and to learn new and pro-active ways around sensitive issues. CBT gives you the tools to help you deal with everyday triggers that would normally be missed when under pressure. I also use a mindfulness based meditation to help clients to hold their experience, giving you time to understand your triggers on a deeper level. My counselling practice also contains the use of brief therapy (6 sessions) or longer CBT session (12 to 18 sessions). Both practices help you to focus on issues that you may be finding it difficult to talk about, with family and friends. My practice is design in helping you, gain skills and strategies, towards balancing everyday triggers and reflection around your personal growth.
Counselling is the start of a new journey, which helps you to discover new parts of your personality. This new growth helps to open new pathways of understanding about your self, and those around you. Changing does not always have to difficult, it can be very rewarding and successful.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Jo Edwards Dec16 to June 2017.
- Certificate in Education, (UCLAN) Sep 2008
- Advanced diploma in counselling.(HB) (PCC) UCLAN June 2006.
- Applied Psychology Degree (John Moores University) Sep 96, June 2001.
- Intermediate in Counselling,(Hugh Baird) (ABC)(PCC) 08/06/2000.
- Compass BCCS Level 2, 17/4/96 to 12/6/96.
- Compass BCCS Level 1, 3/7/95 to 24/07/1995.
Professional Personal Development
- Mental Health First Aid Course (MHFA) (12 hours)Steve Price 27th/28th March 2018.
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorder (6 hours) 23rd June 2018.
- Understanding Confidence and Self- Esteem (2hours) Natalie Dawn 02/02/2018.
- Schema Therapy, A brief outline (3 hours) Arthur Fairbanks (BABCP, ISST) 07/05/2017.
- Understanding Child Protection (2hours) Sue Wilkinson 09/01/2007
- Understanding Suicide (HB) (2 hours) John Farrell June 2006.
- Art Therapy BACP Northwest (1.5 hours) Colin Lyall 15/10/2003.
- Understanding Anger (Compass) 29, 30th June 1995 (10 hours).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £40.00 per session, and concessions depending on your circumstances at £35.00.
I also don't charge for the first half hour, which is free. The first session can be just the half
hour or both the hour and free half hour together. It is important that you feel at ease with
yourself, and this is designed to help you gain an understanding of a working relationship
between client and counselling. And hopefully we can move forward in a successful
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 9pm Monday to Thursday 9am to 7pm Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|