Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Something NEW that might be of great value to both new and existing clients, considering present national issues. With increasing social distancing and isolation and the practical and psychological issues associated, I am now offering 30 minute sessions for £20, hopefully some of the people who may find this helpful..
- People who no longer have a full hour available for a session due to school closures and/or other family members working from home.
- People currently self isolating (for what could be as long as 12 weeks for some of us) and possibly suffering with loneliness - split your regular sessions in to halves and have the opportunity to touch base with me twice in one week. Helping to prevent loneliness and also talk through any other anxieties surrounding isolation.
- People who previously had doubts about talking therapies being “for them”. Make the most of this extra time we are all being gifted and use a 30 minute session as your starting point.
- People who have never considered talking therapies, but feeling overwhelmed or anxious about the current situation and all sorts of other life problems that continue regardless.
- People who usually manage their own thoughts and stresses by going to the gym, socializing, keeping busy and are no longer able to. Discover alternative stress busting exercises and relaxation methods.
- Those suffering enhanced pressure at this time such as: key workers, those with high risk relatives, people facing financial uncertainty and business owners balancing their team and their own self care.
Get in touch today to book in for a 30 minute Skype/ phone appointment now
Training, qualifications & experience
·Member of the B.A.C.P.
·Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
·Graduate Diploma in Counselling
·Mental Health Awareness (MIND)
·Self Harm (Dr Kathryn Kinmond)
·Working with Loss and Illness (Ruth Bridges)
·Spirituality in Counselling (Dr Peter Gubi)
·Domestic Abuse & Child Protection
·Handling Confrontation & Searching Procedures
·Stress Management (MIND)
·Expressive Therapy (Gael Jardine)
·Brief Counselling and Solution Focused Therapies
·Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling
·Intermediate Course in Counselling Skills
·Certificate in Counselling Concepts
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
psoriasis, eczema, alopecia, lupas, acne, rosacea, urticaria, hives, vitiligo, melanoma.
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Individual Counselling Session - *£50 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Individual Half Hour Session - Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone £30 (30 mins)
Young Persons Counselling Session (16 to 18 years old) - £30 per session (45 mins)
Couples Counselling Session - *£75 per session (1 hr)
Employee Assistance/Occupational Health Session - £80 per session (50 mins to 1hr).
Student Counsellors - £25 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Supervision Session £55 per session (1 hour 30 mins)
* Concessions available. Please ask for details.
When I work
- Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm; Saturday 9am - 1pm
Ample Car Parking. Situated on a regular, easily accessible bus route.
SKYPE/WHATSAPP/ZOOM/MESSENGER/TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE.