Sue Deakin (RMBACP) Individual and Couples Counsellor.
Something NEW that might be of great value to both new and existing clients, considering present national issues. With increasing social distancing and isolation and the practical and psychological issues associated, I am now offering 30 minute sessions for £20, hopefully some of the people who may find this helpful..
- People who no longer have a full hour available for a session due to school closures and/or other family members working from home.
- People currently self isolating (for what could be as long as 12 weeks for some of us) and possibly suffering with loneliness - split your regular sessions in to halves and have the opportunity to touch base with me twice in one week. Helping to prevent loneliness and also talk through any other anxieties surrounding isolation.
- People who previously had doubts about talking therapies being “for them”. Make the most of this extra time we are all being gifted and use a 30 minute session as your starting point.
- People who have never considered talking therapies, but feeling overwhelmed or anxious about the current situation and all sorts of other life problems that continue regardless.
- People who usually manage their own thoughts and stresses by going to the gym, socializing, keeping busy and are no longer able to. Discover alternative stress busting exercises and relaxation methods.
- Those suffering enhanced pressure at this time such as: key workers, those with high risk relatives, people facing financial uncertainty and business owners balancing their team and their own self care.
Get in touch today to book in for a 30 minute Skype/ phone appointment now
Training, qualifications & experience
·Member of the B.A.C.P.
·Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
·Graduate Diploma in Counselling
·Mental Health Awareness (MIND)
·Self Harm (Dr Kathryn Kinmond)
·Working with Loss and Illness (Ruth Bridges)
·Spirituality in Counselling (Dr Peter Gubi)
·Domestic Abuse & Child Protection
·Handling Confrontation & Searching Procedures
·Stress Management (MIND)
·Expressive Therapy (Gael Jardine)
·Brief Counselling and Solution Focused Therapies
·Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling
·Intermediate Course in Counselling Skills
·Certificate in Counselling Concepts
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
psoriasis, eczema, alopecia, lupas, acne, rosacea, urticaria, hives, vitiligo, melanoma.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Individual Counselling Session - *£40 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Individual Half Hour Session - Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone £20 (30 mins)
Young Persons Counselling Session (16 to 18 years old) - £30 per session (45 mins)
Couples Counselling Session - *£60 per session (1 hr)
Employee Assistance/Occupational Health Session - £55 per session (50 mins to 1hr).
Student Counsellors - £25 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Supervision Session £52.50 per session (1 hour 30 mins)
* Concessions available. Please ask for details.
Ample Car Parking. Situated on a regular, easily accessible bus route.
SKYPE/WHATSAPP/ZOOM/MESSENGER/TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm; Saturday 9am - 5pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|