Sue Deakin (RMBACP) Individual and Couples Counsellor.
Something NEW that might be of great value to both new and existing clients, considering present national issues. With increasing social distancing and isolation and the practical and psychological issues associated, I am now offering 30 minute sessions for £20, hopefully some of the people who may find this helpful..
- People who no longer have a full hour available for a session due to school closures and/or other family members working from home.
- People currently self isolating (for what could be as long as 12 weeks for some of us) and possibly suffering with loneliness - split your regular sessions in to halves and have the opportunity to touch base with me twice in one week. Helping to prevent loneliness and also talk through any other anxieties surrounding isolation.
- People who previously had doubts about talking therapies being “for them”. Make the most of this extra time we are all being gifted and use a 30 minute session as your starting point.
- People who have never considered talking therapies, but feeling overwhelmed or anxious about the current situation and all sorts of other life problems that continue regardless.
- People who usually manage their own thoughts and stresses by going to the gym, socializing, keeping busy and are no longer able to. Discover alternative stress busting exercises and relaxation methods.
- Those suffering enhanced pressure at this time such as: key workers, those with high risk relatives, people facing financial uncertainty and business owners balancing their team and their own self care.
Get in touch today to book in for a 30 minute Skype/ phone appointment now
Training, qualifications & experience
·Member of the B.A.C.P.
·Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
·Graduate Diploma in Counselling
·Mental Health Awareness (MIND)
·Self Harm (Dr Kathryn Kinmond)
·Working with Loss and Illness (Ruth Bridges)
·Spirituality in Counselling (Dr Peter Gubi)
·Domestic Abuse & Child Protection
·Handling Confrontation & Searching Procedures
·Stress Management (MIND)
·Expressive Therapy (Gael Jardine)
·Brief Counselling and Solution Focused Therapies
·Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling
·Intermediate Course in Counselling Skills
·Certificate in Counselling Concepts
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
psoriasis, eczema, alopecia, lupas, acne, rosacea, urticaria, hives, vitiligo, melanoma.
Individual Counselling Session - *£40 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Individual Half Hour Session - Skype/WhatsApp/Telephone £20 (30 mins)
Young Persons Counselling Session (16 to 18 years old) - £30 per session (45 mins)
Couples Counselling Session - *£60 per session (1 hr)
Employee Assistance/Occupational Health Session - £55 per session (50 mins to 1hr).
Student Counsellors - £25 per session (50 mins to 1hr)
Supervision Session £52.50 per session (1 hour 30 mins)
* Concessions available. Please ask for details.
Ample Car Parking. Situated on a regular, easily accessible bus route.
SKYPE/WHATSAPP/ZOOM/MESSENGER/TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE.