Sarah Elliott (Supervision, CBT & Counselling. BABCP Accred. & experienced)
I have over 14 years experience in Mental Health Services and am an Accredited and experienced Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist & an experienced Supervisor within the NHS and in Private Practice. I have additional training in Counselling and Guided Self-help.
Many of us go through ups and downs, or difficult life experiences, which can be hard for us to work through alone. I provide a confidential, relaxed and comfortable environment, to help you through this time in your life. I use evidenced based psychological therapies and support, in order to help you move forward and feel better able to cope. I have been described by clients and supervisees as very approachable and easy to get on with.
Here are a few examples of the types of issues I have experience in:
- Depression or feeling sad
- Post-natal Depression
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Health Anxiety Disorder (HAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Specific Phobias (e.g vomiting, animals, blood, needles)
- Panic Disorder (with or without agoraphobia)
- Disordered Eating
- Relationship Issues
- Low Self-esteem
- Assertiveness Difficulties
- Low Self-confidence
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness & Interpersonal Issues
- Body Image Issues
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Loss and Bereavement
- Personal Growth
- Abuse (E.g Sexual, Physical, Emotional, Neglect, Domestic)
- Discrimination (Aspects of age, race, class, religion, culture, gender, disability and sexual orientation)
- Work or Academic Related Issues
- Shame; Cultural Issues
- Affairs & betrayals
- Long Term Health Conditions
- Life Transitions
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sleeping Difficulties
- Chronic Pain & Fatigue
Still unsure whether I can help? Contact me and we can have an informal discussion, to determine whether I can help you myself, or point you in the right direction.
More about me and my background
I have many years experience working in Mental Health Services in primary and/or secondary care, with inpatients and within the community, in both private and NHS settings. I have worked with mild to severe difficulties and people of all ages, from children to elderly. I also have experience facilitating group work and workshops, as well as working with people with disabilities, learning difficulties, long term health conditions, autism & from the armed forces. I have attended over 50 hours of personal therapy myself, which is also a requirement of my training, so I understand how this can feel on a personal level. I have also experienced some difficult times in my life and found the support I received invaluable.
I have extensive knowledge and experience of working with many issues people experience and am able to adapt my approach to meet individual client needs. I also enjoy sharing my expertise and providing supervision to Therapists and other Mental Health Professionals.
I am a down to earth and open minded person and have the ability to develop a good therapeutic relationship and connect with many types of people (as many client’s from various backgrounds have put it, I was not the stereotypical therapist they were expecting and they felt we could relate on the same level). I am able to listen and provide confidential support, without judgement.
In addition, I receive supervision for my clinical work and attend various training courses, which are both required on a regular basis for BABCP accreditation and they also facilitate my ongoing professional and personal development.
I follow BABCPs professional standards of conduct, performance, ethics and values and I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications / Certificates
- IAPT Supervisor Training
- BABCP Accredited Post Graduate Diploma (with Merit) - High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- BPS Accredited Recovery Programme - Psychological Wellbeing Practice Recovery
- Post Graduate Certificate - IAPT Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in Low Intensity CBT Interventions
- BACP Accredited Post Graduate Diploma - Integrative Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate - Counselling Studies CPCAB
- Level 2 Certificate - Counselling Skills CPCAB
- Certificate - Introduction to Counselling Concepts AQA
- Other Various Continued Professional Development (CPD) courses and training attended on a regular basis. Please request further details if required.
- Integrative Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychological Well-being Practice (Guided Self-help)
- Working face to face, via skype and telephone
- In primary and secondary care
- With people experiencing long term health conditions; learning difficulties, disabilities, autism
- Armed forces
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), NHS & Private settings
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Social Anxiety or Social Phobia
- Health Anxiety Disorder or Hypochondriasis
- Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia
- Nervous Breakdown
- Feeling down
- Telephone sessions
- Skype sessions
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
Assessment- £70 per 50 minute session.
Guided Self-help based upon Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (for mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and depression only)- £30 per 1/2 hour session.
Counselling and CBT- £70 per 50 minute session.
Supervision- £50 per 1 hour for students and £60 per 1 hour for qualified clinicians.
A limited number of concessions are available for those on low income or benefits.
Fees for therapy funded by insurers or for clients referred via other organisations may vary. This is due to the additional work that is often required with this nature of referral. I am registered as a Practitioner with the following insurance providers: Aviva, BUPA, AXA PPP Curian Medical, Cigna, Nuffield Health, WPA & Vitality Health. Your Health insurer may cover your therapy costs, depending on your policy. They may have an excess fee that you would be responsible for. Your provider will be able to offer you advice on assessment or funding procedures.
I am a registered Practitioner with the following organisations: Axa PPP, Aviva, Nuffield Health, Cigna, Vitality Health, Curian Medical, BUPA & WPA
Solve and Evolve Therapies can be found in Cheldgate House, situated in the historic town of Rochester in Kent.
Cheldgate House is the Strood end of Rochester High Street, and is on the right hand side (towards the Strood direction) past Costa Coffee and Simply Italian; look out for Evergreen Residential Property Services signs (green and white) in the windows as this business occupies the ground floor.
When arriving at Cheldgate House please press the buzzer for Suite 8 ‘Solve & Evolve Therapies- Sarah Elliott’. Please note, Suite 8 is on the third floor and there is no lift due to the premises being a listed building.
Cheldgate House has a hot drinks machine, which costs 30 pence. The toilet facilities can be found on the second floor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions- Monday to Friday dependent upon room availability. Skype & Telephone sessions also available. I always aim to respond promptly to enquiries.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have several years experience working as a Supervisor within my employment.