Rob Windsor

Verified Professional Verified Professional
Verified Professional

Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.

MA, HCPC | Counsellor and Registered Dramatherapist
Available for new clients
Available for new clients

This professional is available for new clients.

Salisbury SP3 & London E2
Available for new clients
Available for new clients

This professional is available for new clients.

About me

I'm a Counsellor and Registered Dramatherapist with many years of experience of working with people who have experienced anxiety, depression, loss, separation, divorce, relationship difficulties, trauma, addiction and learning disabilities.

Sometimes you just don’t know what triggers the feelings of being overwhelmed and you don’t know how to put it into words. You’ve most probably looked through many profiles and are wondering how to choose a therapist to work with. 

It can be difficult to talk openly to the people in your life. This could be a certain event you’ve been through, or moments in your past that you now feel ready to talk about. 

I work with adults and adolescents and offer a safe space for you to talk about your needs and struggles you are experiencing. I also offer a variety of techniques for you, depending on your personal needs and what you feel more drawn to.

I will be guided by you and am experienced in using creative techniques to enhance your therapeutic experience; The use of stories, creative writing, drawing and art, play, masks, puppetry and improvisation. All can help find a way of self-expression. Together we can create a way to work that feels right for you, a space for you to express, explore and safely make sense of what you’re going through.

Please feel free to contact me to ask any questions you may have. I will make every effort to try and accommodate your sessions at times that suit your diary. For that reason I offer evening and weekend appointments.

There is no judgement on you when you enter my therapeutic space. Compassion and empathy is at the heart of my practice. 

Training, qualifications & experience

  • MA Dramatherapist (Governed by HCPC) 
  • Completed Level One Dyadic Developmental Psycholotherapy (2022) NB: Level One and Two should be completed to be able to use the term informed by DDP.
  • BSc (Hons) Clinical Leadership. Nursing
  • Diploma of District Nursing (PHC)
  • Registered General Nurse

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.

Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)

The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.

They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.

Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.


£70.00 per session

Additional information

My fees are;

  • Individual - £70
  • Family work: contact to discuss.
  • Concessions: contact to discuss.  

Payable by bank transfer at least 24 hours prior to session. 

When I work

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

I can offer sessions some weekends. I will have availabilities during daytime hours through the summer school holidays. Please do ask and I can see if I have suitable availabilities.

Further information

After a long career as a Registered Nurse working in the NHS, Charity and Social Care sectors. I also worked in the arts creating dramas about addiction for Theatre in Education and workshopping. I trained as a Dramatherapist at Roehampton University.  This is a Master's qualification and involves experiential working on placements and in personal therapy, supported by the University and a clinical supervisor. Dramatherapy is one of the three Arts Therapies recognised by the Health and Care Professions Council (drama, art and music) and the required training is at the same level as other MA level psychological therapy trainings.

I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Arts Therapist and abide by their codes of conduct for safe and appropriate practice. I am also a member of BADth (British Association of Dramatherapists). In order to keep my skills and knowledge up to date I continue to attend regular ongoing professional development as well as monthly clinical supervision. 

My training placements were in a school for Looked After Children, an adult elderly and dementia care home, and a school for special education needs.

I now work for The Koru Project CIC company which is contract linked to local authority social work teams, adoption and fostering services, schools and alternative provision in and around Dorset and Wiltshire. This is work with children and families living with developmental trauma, emotional dysregulation, anxiety and social fear.

Shrewton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3

Mace Street, London, E2

Type of session

In person

Types of client

Children (0-12)
Young people (13-17)
Adults (25-64)
Older Adults (65+)
Employee Assistance Programme

Key details

DBS check

In England and Wales, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly known as CRB) carry out criminal records checks for individuals working with vulnerable groups, such as children. To find out more, visit , or contact this professional directly

Online platforms

Rob Windsor
Rob Windsor