Rebecca Appleton MBACP, UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
07415 504 733
I am an integrative Psychotherapist which means my approach draws upon the theories and skills of four different models of counselling and psychotherapy: Psychodynamic, Person centered, Solution Focused and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I believe that each individual’s life is unique and everyone has different ways in which they cope with life's demands, relationships and stresses from both the past, the present and also fears of the future.
Accessing counselling and sharing or talking about life's challenges can feel deeply personal and due to this, more often than not, people tend to experience some ambivialance about seeking professional support.
With holding in mind that each individual has different ways of coping and also the possible ambivalence of seeking support. I aim to provide a safe, non judgmental and confidential space to work collaboratively in exploring your reasons for coming to therapy.
We will use talking therapy as a way of Analysing your thoughts, feelings and behaviours to enable a deeper understanding and further insight into your current difficulties. With this insight, we can then develop ways in which you can move forward, into more balanced emotional experiences and where necessary life changes.
I work with the ‘here and now’ or 'historical' issues and provide short, mid or long term counselling and psychotherapy. The course of therapy suitable to each individuals presentation will be discussed and agreed in an initial consultation (first meeting).
Getting started with Counselling or Psychotherapy:
All enquiries can be made through email or telephone, I aim to respond to all enquiries within 24hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (4 year clinical training)
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Addiction Psychology and Counselling
- Certificate in Therapeutic Group work
- Diploma in the Arts and Crafts of Supervision
- Disclosure and Barring Certificate
I have gained in depth knowledge and experience from working within the following settings:
- NHS (Adult)
- Charity (Adult)
- Private Practice (Young people and adult)
- Pupil Referral Unit (Young People)
- Primary Schools (Children and Families)
- Develop and Coordinate Counselling Services - within leading substance misuse organisations (Adult)
Continued Professional Development (CPD):
CBT approaches to working with PTSD, Relational Therapy, Working with the Couple in Mind, Safeguarding Children Advanced, Mental Health First Aid, Family Perspectives, Managing Change, Ups and Downs of Chemsex, Working with Trauma, Online dating research and work related stress/stress management.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My fees vary depending on circumstances and location, please see below:
£60 - Initial Consultation
£60 to £80 - Psychotherapy session
£90 - Couples counselling
I am a registered psychotherapist with the following health insurance providers:
- AXA PPP
*If work requires regular travel abroad, skype sessions can be arranged at the same fee as face to face psychotherapy/counselling.
I understand that life commitments such as work, childcare or mobility restrictions cannot always allow for regular attendance at appointments, therefore I do offer alternate ways for individuals to have counselling/psychotherapy.
Alternate counselling offered:
*Both of my counselling locations are wheelchair accessible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
appointments available from 8am - 5pm.
Types of client
Supervision & training
Qualification: Diploma in Clinical Supervision. .