Paula Bowen-Scott, Reg MBACP,Accredited PG Dip in PC & Existential Counselling
I aim to help you find a way forward.
I offer counselling in sessions tailored to suit your needs. Whatever your path through life, whether you are living with emotional wounding that goes way back, or dealing with more recent difficulties, my aim is to help you deepen your insight and expand your vision to find a more beneficial and meaningful way of living.
My counselling practice goes back twenty years and is the result of both personal and professional discoveries, which have led me to ways of working with people that can be effective with all ages and concerns, however diverse.
I worked in the NHS as a Senior Counsellor for almost fifteen years, as well as in the voluntary sector and private practice.
I am fundamentally an existential counsellor but draw on a range of different resources to bring therapeutic help to personal, professional, emotional, cognitive, behavioural, creative, existential and spiritual concerns.
I am aware that talking therapies can be difficult at times and although we might need help, it can be hard to put things into words, which is why I have also developed my sound healing practice through gong and sound meditation. So, no talking, just deep relaxation to relieve stress, tension and anxiety in both mind and body.
Whether your concerns are psychological symptoms or something else that's hard to define, I'm happy to talk with you about your needs.
I also offer supervision to other counsellors.
Get in touch when you feel ready to take the next step.........
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred & Existential Counselling.
- Diploma in Integrative Psychosynthesis Supervision.
- Diploma in Sound Healing (Gong Practitioner )
- Trauma Training
- CBT training
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy training
- Personality Disorder training
- Anger Management training
- Dealing with Depression without Drugs
- Anxiety Management
I have worked with both long and short term clients with very wide and diverse issues. I have over twenty years experience and am totally committed to offering my skills and knowledge to help you.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Initial 30 minute assessment for counselling - £30.00
- Full hour counselling session - £60.00
- Full hour of supervision - £ 70.00
- One to One Gong Bath & Sound Meditation - £45.00
- Group Gong Bath & Sound Meditation - POA as depends on the size of the group and travelling distance.
Sound therapy is excellent for stress, anxiety, depression, relaxation, both physical and emotional discomfort.
During a sound therapy session, you will simply lie down (fully clothed), and be immersed in the powerful sound waves created by the gongs enabling the mind and body to relax and release any stress and tension.
I also offer walking talking sessions, and so if you would prefer your session outdoors, we can discuss a way to make this happen, or we can just sit outdoors and talk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be as flexible as possible to try and accommodate each client's individual availability.My main bases are Exeter & Exmouth but I also offer therapy in Chudleigh & Totnes & outdoors!
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained as a Supervisor with ReVision - Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis.