Nicola Griffiths - Counsellor
I have successfully treated clients with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, abuse, phobias, grief and relationships. I am told I am easy to talk to and do not judge people.
I offer good quality, professional counselling. You will be in a safe space where confidentiality is integral to your session. We will build a relationship which is supportive and compassionate. I aim to empower and enable you to regain control over your life.
I am an experienced BACP counsellor and psychotherapist working in private practice. Daytime and evening appointments are available.
Together we will explore your thoughts and feelings and you will gain an understanding of yourself from a different perspective. You will learn how past experiences affect you today and learn skills to help you overcome these. I aim to lessen your anxiety and pain and teach you how to cope in the future when faced with difficult situations.
You can be assured of a commitment from me within our working relationship. With availability appointments will be arranged at a time to suit you. You will be in a safe, warm, confidential space which you can talk.
Due to COVID-19 all appointments are currently offered via the telephone or online.
Feel free to give me a call or email to arrange a free initial conversation to discuss how I can help you.
Call Nicola on 07885281893
Training, qualifications & experience
- Personality Adaptations - Transactional Analysis Workshop by Online Events Rebecca Davies 20th April 2020
- Existential Courage - Workshop with Emmy van Deurzen by Online Events John Wilson -16th April 2020
- Interview Coronavirus: Considering our responses and responsibilities by Online Events John Wilson week 5 - 15th April 2020
- Are counsellors the antidote to toxic workplaces? by Helen Jones BACP CPD Hub vídeo presentation - 10th February 2020
- Couples Counselling by Human Givens 5th February 2020
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm Online Training by Carolyn Spring - 22nd January 2020.
- Family Law - Divorce & Financial Implications, Children Law update, Domestic violence law update, Alternative dispute resolution by The Eaves and Pennington Manches Cooper Family Team - 24th October 2019.
- Mental Health and the body: Treating Trauma PODS training 12th October 2019
- An Introduction to Working with Eating Disorders by Dr Lucy Hale - 21st September 2019
- Food – More than just a fuel for the brain! Presented by Orla Stone Dietician - 8th June 2019
- Evidence-based psychological treatments for trauma - a cognitive approach to PTSD and complex grief Trauma Michael Duffy examines PTSD with a special emphasis on trauma linked to conflict and terrorism and current recommendations for the treatment of PTSD -12th March 2019 - BACP Webinar
- Loss: What does life mean for me now? - October 2018 - BACP Webinar
- Post natal mental illness - Dr Jo Gee 29th September 2018 - The Eaves
- Focus on Survivors Conference 24th July 2018 - University of Suffolk
- BACP Research conference - Counselling changes lives: research that impacts practice 11th 12th May 2018
- Dissociative Identity Disorder: The Fundamentals - 13th October 2017 - PODS
- Identity: can you tell me who I am - 23rd September 2017 - BACP webinar
- Working with Relational Trauma - 24th March 2017 - PODS
- Supporting Refugee Survivors - 6th March 2017 - SARSAS
- Vicarious Trauma - 17th October 2016 - SARSAS
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - 2nd 3rd March 2016 - Living Works
- Autism Awareness Course - Somerset skills and Learning Programme 2016
- Trauma , Dissociation and Recovery - 27th November 2015 - PODS
- Working with Sexualised Trauma - 7th February 2015 - Zoe Lodrick
- Adolescent Development & Substance Misuse - 16th January 2013 - Freespace
- Safeguarding Adolescents - 21st 22nd June 2010
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling level 4 2016
- Certificate in Counselling level 2 2014
- Art Therapy Foundation Course 2006
- BA Hons in Applied Social Studies 1998
- Diploma in Social Work 1997
- Diploma in Nursery Nursing 1988
- Private practice
- PAM ASSIST EAP Organisation - Glastonbury / Wells
- Private practice - Glastonbury /Wells
- Support worker with people who have experienced rape and sexual abuse
- Counsellor at Elim Connect - Wells
- Counsellor at Truro Young Womens Centre -Truro
- Social Worker at 16 + Team - Bodmin
- Counsellor at Jigsaw Project - Truro
- Social Worker at Children and families Team - Plymouth
- Social Worker at Children with Disabilities Team - Wandsworth
- Project Worker at Barnardos with Families in Temporary Accommodation - London Bridge
- Social Work Assistant at Children and Families Team - Kingston
- Family Support Worker at Alpha Road Family Centre - Surbiton
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Young people 16 years upwards
- Childhood abuse survivors
- Care leavers
Free 20 minute phone consultation.
£60 per individual counselling session
£40 for student individual counselling
£70 for couples counselling
Concessions offered for
“Nicola was very supportive from having my 1st session. She made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. In order that I could speak freely about the trauma I experienced. There was a lot I needed to talk about (including tears). Nicola was kind, understanding and helped me deal with my irrational thoughts and emotions and helped me put things into perspective. She also helped me with my career. Anon
"I felt at ease, gave me things to think about before the next session and work on, motivated me to get things done which may be causing me stress, helped with confidence. An hour seems to go so quick which is a good thing because I am encouraged to talk and I am getting my feelings out" Anon
"Being able to tell you things that have bothered me for many years, the difference it's made is unbelievable. Also being told certain things are not my fault, family and friends always say that but to hear it from Nicola was more helpful than I could ever of imagined. Nicola is so easy to talk to doesn't judge. For the first time in years my head isn't full of negative thoughts. Thank you" TH
'These sessions have been so helpful and I have begun to understand why I still felt guilty when logically I knew it was not my fault' NM