Amethyst Counselling - Kay Ledger MBACP
It's Ok to not be OK!
Hi, I'm Kay Ledger, therapist at Amethyst Counselling, this is my own private practice, based around the Mansfield Area.
We live in a world which is constantly changing, constantly accessible to all, when do we have time to just be?
Everyone at some point in their lives will experience feelings of being overwhelmed, it may be triggered by significant or insignificant events, relationships or an overall build up of smaller issues. It may seem daunting to seek therapy at first, however it takes bravery and determination to take that 1st step.
A little bit more about me, I'm an Integrative Counsellor with training in both Psychodynamic and Person Centered theory, as well as Clinical supervision. My areas of experience include Primary aged children, (as I have been in education for over 20 years), adolescents, adults of all ages, as well as grief counselling. As an integrated counsellor/therapist, my toolkit can call on many different approaches and together, find a fit for everyone's unique circumstances...1 size does not fit all!
How counselling can help.
Working together will enable an understanding of the presenting issues and how to develop your own abilities to overcome these, building inner strength and continual awareness in order to move forwards.
Each psycho-therapeutic session offers a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space in which you can discuss anything and everything, a place to just be you...
What to expect in the initial session.
A warm and friendly welcome!
Our initial session would consist of a little bit of paperwork, which would include an overview of what has brought you to counselling. A contract which we can ammend at any time. An understanding of each other's roles within the session, how we expect to be treated etc. Any questions that you may have. All this is within a safe space that allows you to express yourself. Hopefully, after our initial meeting you will begin to feel able to continue your journey with me.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile, if you have any queries or questions then feel free to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- AQA Level 3 Psychodynamic Theory
- AQA Level 3 Transactional Analysis
- AQA Level 4 The Reflective Practitioner
- AQA Level 4 Therapeutic Practice
- AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Safeguarding e-Academy Self-harm and Suicidal Thoughts in Children and Young People
- Safeguarding e-Academy Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Safeguarding e-Academy Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Program
- Cruse Bereavement Care Awareness in Bereavement Care (ABC) Foundation Course
- Shire Counselling Ltd. Level 5 Integrative Approaches to Counselling Supervision
- Carolyn Spring Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Individual Counselling £35.00 per 50 minute session
Individual Child/Adolescent Counselling £30 per 50 minute session.
Couple Counselling £45.00 per 1 hour session
Family Counselling £45.00 per 1 hour session
Clinical Supervision £35.00 per 1 hour session
(Student discounts are available)
Telephone sessions available Varying rates.
Feel free to leave a message on the telephone number or send an email, with your details and whether it is ok for me to leave a message or give my details when responding via telephone.
I will respond within 24hours
The building is wheelchair accessible.
Payment is by cash or cheque and a small deposit is required in advance of the next session to cover session overheads, such as room hire, insurance, travel costs etc.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If you wish to leave a message or send an email then I will aim to contact you within 24 hours.
My hours are flexible and include evening and weekends.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for counsellors/therapists, including students, also if you require it through your career within any area.